The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 17:17:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  IDA stacks getting loose
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IDA stacks getting loose  (Read 2057 times)
Felix/DFL

« on: January 14, 2010, 23:04:37 pm »

Hi,

I have a problem with the orig. IDA stacks (spanish IDA`s)

As said the stacks (2-3 of them) are getting loose and can be turned by hand and rattle. I have bended both of the outer edges of the clamps down a bit which solved the problem. But only temporarly... They came loose again.
It seems that the stacks are to deep into the gasser body so that the clamps don`t really press the stack "ring".

Have you had simular problems and how did you solve them?

Greetings,
Felix
stealth67vw

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 03:24:03 am »

Art Thraen (ACE) sells thicker tabs that don't bend.

http://www.aircooledengineering.com/carbparts.html/

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:51:32 am »

Try an Italian stack, maybe the lip is wider, I noticed that also with my Spainish set. I have a Italian set of IDA's, I'll pull the stacks and take some measurements.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Tobi/DFL

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:59:12 am »

Hi,

I have the same problem with my italian IDAs. I guess it´s caused after swapping the chokes which may be a littler shorter than stock ones. I often use a short (1cm) wire beneath the tabs to get the stacks tight which usually solves the problem.
Bye,

Tobi
DOUG BERG

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 18:00:46 pm »

IF THE ENTIRE MASS HAS BEEN   "PROPERLY BALANCED",,,   

I'D SUGGEST    "A COMPRESSION CHECK",,, 

CAUSE "NO MATTER HOW WELL" ITS BALANCED

A "LOW HOLE" WILL "RATTLE IT TO DEATH"!!!

DOUG....

OR  "AFTER MARKET RUNOUT"     ON A "BAD COPY OF OUR PULLEY'S" !!!!
Felix/DFL

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 00:33:03 am »

Thank`s for the advives! I will see what works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: