The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 03:49:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350827 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Bug In Pics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bug In Pics  (Read 27817 times)
Sarge

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 04:09:46 am »

Meanwhile, out in the car show lot...

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 04:10:45 am »

more....

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 04:12:04 am »

more....

DKP III
Sarge

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 04:13:26 am »

more...

DKP III
Eric Justus

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 04:39:49 am »

I got jealous of the "action" I saw while in the staging lanes...when I saw Sarge and Ben walking up with two BIG cigars and two BIG smiles on their faces having a grand ole time! All the while I was bein the pit bitch  Wink

BTW, great pics Sarge Cool

Eric Justus
HotVWs, SuperVW, Let's Play VW Cal-Look features
Der Kleiner Panzers VW club
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 05:24:45 am »

Worm summed it all up rather nicely. And I must echo his thoughts regarding this year's Bug In, as well. Normally, I try to get pictures of just about everything present. This time, was quite different. Although I did get a few shots, and said hello to many people around the facility, my favorite part was reconnecting with my fellow D.K.K. family. Some of which I haven't seen in almost thirty years. That was better than any of my high school reunions... and I've been to three of 'em.

Without further delay, here are some images.

This is what the car show area looks like at 0500hrs. (5:00am)

After sunrise.

And we found this lurking in the pit area.

Whom of which yielded this work of art.

At any angle... GOOD STUFF!

Ben's.

Bill's ride gets used for display purposes at the Flat Four booth.

Getting rocks and asphalt embedded in my kneecaps is what I do to get shots like this.

And this.

One of my favorite cars to watch race. Behold... the power cosmic.

Anyone over the age of 35 can appreciate and remember some of these wares.

But most of us, here, can really dig this.

And especially this.

Note: persons in image may be taller than they appear.

Everything seems to be in order, here. Carry on.

A couple of weeks ago, I was visiting my skateboard sponsor's factory. I was stoked to learn that they were making the boards for this event.

An old friend that I always enjoy talking to. R.K. Smith from Hot VWs.

Very good to see club decals on this car... and rightly so. The command center in Rick's sweet yellow '67.

Nicely done Cal Looker, for sure.

I'm half German but my grasp of the language isn't anywhere near where it should be. However, I'm pretty sure that Warnblinkanlage would be (or close to) Emergency Flashers/Lights. If that were the case, here's an abundance of that in a small box.

Also from Germany, this clean lil' Notchback.

More things that caught my attention in the swap meet sector.

I had the honor of applying D.K.K. club stickers to Roy's clean '66 Ruby Red sedan. Ernie Baron (D.K.K. member) built this car and sold it to Roy. Good to see that nice cars remain within the realm of our family.

Love seeing familiar race cars such as this one.

Was very cool catching up with Frenchy.

As to be expected, he showed up with a most impressive array of vintage collectible VW stuff.

Note the ultra cool EMPI eight spoke center cap and EMPI brass tee fitting.

I was happy to see that next to the D.K.P. decals were a N.O.S. set of D.K.K. ones. NICE!!!

Check out the t-shirts he was selling.

Nice three-five-six, yes?

Under any circumstances, heed the warning below. Glad that I didn't see what this clown did to my car. Had some brief words with him after the fact. He stayed away for the remainder of the day. Why, on this ball that we call Earth, would someone think that they could not only fingerprint the right side of a car... but also open the vent window and try to open the door??? Feckless moronic waste of human skin.

Gotta love orange VWs.

Time warp German camping vehicle.

Metz's 'Vert.

Hope that this went to a good home.

GTV, anyone?

Take two, they're cheap.

Jackets are built for protection and adjusting temperatures.

Another well done camper.

First D.K.K. Prez talking to a latter Prez. Who's talking to another DEEK in Arizona. Dee and Mark.

Easily the most cars and DEEKS assembled in once place at the same time since the last Bug-In held at O.C.I.R. in 1983.

A DEEK and his girl.

This was the best part of my day.

At the end of it all, Tod, Dan, and us decided to hangout with Lisa and her two daughters in the pit area. We watched an old Bug-In dvd that I brought from 1983, looked at old pics, magazines with Lisa's car, ate sushi, had some wine, and a gosh darned fun time. Lisa and the girls go for a spin in Tod's ragtop. I hope Lisa doesn't look too bummed out in this image.

These DEEKS were laughin' at the TMZ stalkerazzi, no doubt.

Another fast VW to watch race.

Mike Tucker on the left. I used to work with him at Steve's Foreign Car Parts (Beck-Arnley dealer) back in 1980/'81, located in Downey, So Cal. That site is currently the Bill & Steve's VW Parts store with the same landlord to this very day. In the middle, Dee Phillips... the first D.K.K. Prez. Mark Ramirez on the right... the Prez when I got voted in. So many DEEKS came outta the woodwork for this event. It was GREAT!

Worm debuts his 'vert and I gotta have that hat.

Volkswagen Chancellors are still in force after all of these years.

Steve Wilkerson (left) shakes hands with Mark Ito (right). Probably the first time we've all seen each other since the early '80s. Manny in the orange EMPI shirt, and Worm in the D.K.K. shirt.

I have a lot more pics. That's all that I processed thus so far. By the way, thank you for posting up the pics in this thread, everyone!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:19:59 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Hotrodvw

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 06:16:23 am »

Awesome Pics!!!!!  I can only hope BOR will be soo cool!  Thanks!!!   Wink

Eric

Hose & Fittings

'67 Sunroof

www.ultimateaircooled.com
Dan Mazur

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 06:46:02 am »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 19:18:24 pm by Dan Mazur » Logged

Don't worry.  It's mutual.
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 06:48:11 am »

Oh Yeah Fred, but you didn't finish the story.....  

The battery goes DEAD in my car after enjoying the wine, the sushi, the old Bug-In Movie in the DVD player, checking out my pics and old Hot VW magazines.  DEAD!  So do I push the On-Star Button?......    Did you know that FRED's bug can jump an Escalade?  Making new memories is the best with you guys.  Even watching Dan chase my twins with jumper cables!!  I'll be laughing for some time to come.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:55:00 am by DKK Lisa » Logged
Rennsurfer

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 06:54:21 am »

HAHAHA!!! I was so tired from my 4 hour sleep the night before... I forgot about that part, Lisa. Too funny. Glad to be of service.

Dan, cool hangin' out with you all day, too. GOOD TIMES!

~Sarge
nicolas

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 07:15:20 am »

damn, i wish i could have been there. looks like everyone had a good time, except maybe the long waits in the staginglines...

and where are the pics off fred and bill skating those banks???  Grin
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 07:38:44 am »

It was nice to see Lisa / Fred  and many other members from DKK at the event. Now it will be nice to have DVB members back in the picture in the future. Also Thank You for posting pictures of our display we will be back for the Classics in June.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 08:10:33 am »

Super nice report Mark.  Smiley

It's cool to see people having fun even if they don't meet for years. DKK rules  Wink
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 08:26:04 am »

Thank God for you, Mark!

I also park at Nick's.
Sarge

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 13:00:49 pm »

Make that a VERY COOL report, Mark/Fred.... NICE JOB! Cool Cool Cool

Yours Truly
6'2"

DKP III
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 14:07:54 pm »

That's our FRED...........  Cool
Rennsurfer

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 14:39:49 pm »

and where are the pics off fred and bill skating those banks???  Grin

It was discussed, Nicolas. Next time I'm there, I'm bringing a board just for that.

Thank you for all of the kind posts, y'all. I'll try to get some more pics up in the next couple of days.

~Sarge
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 15:41:19 pm »

Mark.....you are absolutly right with the ,, WARNBLINKANLAGE ,, = emergency flasher! GREETZ TOM

www.einheit11volkswagenclub.blogspot.com

and by the way......... Sehr schöne fotos. Danke
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 15:43:04 pm by TOM / EINHEIT 11 » Logged
cal-look 56

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 16:29:37 pm »

Bitchin pics guys.
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 17:13:00 pm »

Yeah, great report Mark.  Keep the pics a rolling in.  I wanted to post back up the shot of this bus.  I was talking to the guy and it is a truly rare survivor.  I was told by the owner that some older guy had owned it since new and kept it perfect in his garage for all these years.  He took it out rarely.  Well the wrench that he took it to for the ocassional valve adjustments offered to buy it.  He did and sold it to this now, owner.  The bus was PERFECT!  I mean NOS perfect.  The curtains, the cabinets, the canopy, everything was NOS perfect.  You ready?  It has 17,000 ORIGINAL MILES on it.  Told me it was appraised by someone for $90K.  ouch.
Great piece of history.

And Lisa.............. why dont you get a real car that starts!!!!!  Like a VW eh?  Too funny.

Oh, and good news.  The members have (in)formally agreed to make Mark the new and current President of DKK.  Congradulations Mark!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 17:14:44 pm by Worm » Logged

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Casey

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 18:09:53 pm »

It's great to see the D.K.K members reuniting after so many years. That is what this is all about. Very cool.

DKP III
bugnut68

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 18:20:20 pm »

I'm so bummed I couldnt' go this year... I guess on the bright side it means I will be able to buy more stuff at Sac...Grin  And I am looking to go stroker, after all, so...
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 19:06:01 pm »

Oh, and good news.  The members have (in)formally agreed to make Mark the new and current President of DKK.  Congradulations Mark!
[/quote]

Watch it Worm..... He's going to start collecting dues $!$!$!$!  ...................  and fines $!$!$!$!  You better not be late next time WORM!!  Cheesy
vwcab

peter

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 22:15:31 pm »

so cool pics Mark,thx  Wink and good luck DKK.

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Rennsurfer

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 00:24:13 am »

HAHA!! Worm, that's funny... 'cause there is no current D.K.K. We're just a bunch of middle aged old farts with midlife crisis cars that are far better than the usual 'Vette.

Grin

But I DO like Lisa's idea; next time you're late to a gathering, access will include a case of Sierra Nevada Porter or Chimay (any grade). Just kidding, man. Ramirez and I were on the phone, before Bug-In, and he was telling me of a hot rod club up north where every member is the president and each of 'em wear a pin that denotes that. Now THAT, I like. As your new prez... I motion that we do the same.

As you were. Carry on.

~Sarge
Dan Mazur

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2009, 02:37:40 am »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 19:18:54 pm by Dan Mazur » Logged

Don't worry.  It's mutual.
MYTOY
DKK

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2009, 03:21:07 am »

Nice time for all! I put 350 miles on the 67 this weekend. Oh 30mpg luv my SOLEX.
bilboa2

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2009, 03:40:33 am »

I like the front shot of rayburn's car.The painted turns sigs and headlight bezels make for a clean look.Dam quick time redo to boot. I bet sarges igloo cooler has more miles than my ever changing project/car. Allen weiss's car looks HOT too. Keep that dkp mojo go'n...bill
low oval
DKK

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2009, 03:51:26 am »

Lisa,
you need to ditch the caddy, and get a bug, you and your kids looked very happy cruising in a rag top.  plus we need another south county vw to cruise to events with.
nice seeing you again,
jim

"and that's when the cops showed up"
Rennsurfer

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2009, 07:19:41 am »

As promised, a few more images from Bug-In 34.

Tod's car.

Worm's engine.

Lisa & Worm.

Brian's car.

Jim's Ghia.

And one for Monkiboy.

If you're ever in Downey... buy your VW parts at Bill & Steve's. Super cool people that have been selling VW parts since the '80s.

One of the outtake group shots.

Junior's car.

Again.

More DEEKS... (left to right) Worm, Steve Wilkerson, Dan Mazur, Tod Fuller, & Manny. We had a blast looking at Worm's old club picture collection.

Good seeing club decals on Tim's nicely done car.

Mark's car.

Susy on the ¼ mile.

Randy's car.

Randy's engine.

Manny's car. Note the original stickers... yes, this car is a club survivor. Manny had it back then and it was gray.

Roy's car.

Worm's 'vert.

Doug & Keith.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 14:16:55 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: