The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 16:10:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A Saturday Drive II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: A Saturday Drive II  (Read 17778 times)
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 02:36:38 am »

Yeah Sarge we can surley find you another replacement down there. TJ here we come.

The pics look cool Dustin they look like old 70's shots.

That was a great day of driving with a bunch of great guys. Looking forward to the next one.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Sarge

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 12:39:04 pm »

Here's a couple of shots Rayburn forwarded over this morning....

DKP III
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 13:14:10 pm »

Look at sarge checking out Ben... "Mmmm, he looks so HOT!" Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Sarge

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 15:39:08 pm »

Shocked  Angry  Actually, we were talking about you... that's why I'm laughing...  Kiss

DKP III
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 15:41:36 pm »

Lovely engine in that Ghia. Thanks for report and the pictures! I wish weather can be so warm that we also need beer coolers for our beer.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Donny B.

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 16:18:04 pm »

I wish weather can be so warm that we also need beer coolers for our beer

I'll bet.  Yesterday here in Phoenix it was 107F (41.6C)...

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 17:26:58 pm »

I wish weather can be so warm that we also need beer coolers for our beer

I'll bet.  Yesterday here in Phoenix it was 107F (41.6C)...

Oh.. now we`re talking. Still remember walking around the plane yard in Tucson in 48C before heading to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco)..wish I had a beer cooler then.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 17:45:17 pm »

Sorry guys, I couldn't make it yesterday.
I was here...

Old Crow!!! Shocked

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 19:20:51 pm »

Yeah Sarge we can surley find you another replacement down there. TJ here we come.

The pics look cool Dustin they look like old 70's shots.

That was a great day of driving with a bunch of great guys. Looking forward to the next one.

Jay, dude.... your car looks great.

you guys met @ Nicks? I was thinking you left from Giovanni's.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 20:55:27 pm »

Scott, wow I keep going back and looking @ pics of the KG... what a nice car. That car has a definite "presence" to it. Looks GREAT. Are you bringing it out to Irvine?
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 21:13:44 pm »

Thanks Jim. We missed you on this one see you soon.

Der Kleiner Panzers
SCOTTP

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 21:21:54 pm »

Scott, wow I keep going back and looking @ pics of the KG... what a nice car. That car has a definite "presence" to it. Looks GREAT. Are you bringing it out to Irvine?

That's the plan Jim. Doing the finishing touches over the next few weeks.

Der Kleiner Panzers III

'63 Ghia Coupe

140" 2332cc powered Frameworks Dragster

'63 Notchback in the works
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 21:33:20 pm »

WTF???  Angry  Ratto and I waited for you guys at Giovanni's until 10am  Angry Angry ...............!!!!  you guys left without us........  Cry Cry Cry

Hey Scott.......... Car looks bitchin............!!!! NICE NICE........Freaking Nice.......!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked  Cool

Der Kleiner Panzers
58vw

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 21:36:30 pm »

that kg is bad...cant wait to see it live Grin

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
Jim Ratto

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 21:40:24 pm »

WTF???  Angry  Ratto and I waited for you guys at Giovanni's until 10am  Angry Angry ...............!!!!  you guys left without us........  Cry Cry Cry

Hey Scott.......... Car looks bitchin............!!!! NICE NICE........Freaking Nice.......!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked  Cool

the Drive was Sunday though, right? When we went to Cervezas y Beers. Did you have corn or flour?
Sarge

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 22:01:51 pm »

It was a SECRET cruise, dude.... Scott is pretty touchy about who gets to see his Ghia.  I meant to post this when I started the thread:

To All
There seems to be much confusion and misinformation regarding the status and condition of my Ghia. Let me say to all that the car is in excellent condition and has been stored for several years. Unfortunately rumors continue to run rampant about about its condition. I cannot and will not attempt to address them all. Let me state in the most unequivocal manner that I can as is possible:  the car will NOT be brought out to ANY shows in the near future. While I do plan to bring it out in the future, it will be on a selective basis and without any notice. Thanks for your interest in my Ghia.

DKP III
Jim Ratto

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 22:10:25 pm »

It was a SECRET cruise, dude.... Scott is pretty touchy about who gets to see his Ghia.  I meant to post this when I started the thread:

A secret cruise? Hmmm...  do I smell a whiff of rainbow?

That's ok, we won't tell you about our new event: Bars and Cars Roll Eyes

Kiss
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 22:51:42 pm by Jim Ratto » Logged
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 22:31:41 pm »

A secret cruise? Hmmm...  do I smell a whiff of rainbow?

That's ok, we won't tell you about our new event: Bars and Cars Roll Eyes

Kiss
Somebody say rainbow?

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 00:13:45 am »

To All
There seems to be much confusion and misinformation regarding the status and condition of my Ghia. Let me say to all that the car is in excellent condition and has been stored for several years. Unfortunately rumors continue to run rampant about about its condition. I cannot and will not attempt to address them all. Let me state in the most unequivocal manner that I can as is possible:  the car will NOT be brought out to ANY shows in the near future. While I do plan to bring it out in the future, it will be on a selective basis and without any notice. Thanks for your interest in my Ghia.

I thought that car had sold....

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 00:40:14 am »

To All

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sarge for Prez! Seriously, Jim... we need people like YOU running our country.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Sarge

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 04:03:55 am »

To All

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sarge for Prez! Seriously, Jim... we need people like YOU running our country.

Grin

DKP III
Fiatdude

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 11:03:04 am »

Ya the "camera" sure took weird pictures -- It made Sarges Pink car look almost red LOL

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
youngnstudly

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 04:24:02 am »

All of those cars are nice! Smiley Cool to see completed cars that haul a$$ actually being driven on the street! How do you guys keep them nice and still drive em'? My car has been in primer for 10 years and everyone bumps it, crashes into it, leans against it (etc) and I have to pull the "Charlie Manson" routine on them for damaging my car!  Angry Takes the fun outta driving a classic car...At least sometimes!

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
Fiatdude

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 04:35:38 am »

To All

Isn't this almost the same quote by the asshat who owns the old berg car == sorry it just sounded so similiar

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 05:27:01 am »

WARNING! This remark should only be used on a selective basis and without any notice. Thanks for removing any confusion and misinformation regarding the status of this general term for someone who carries out actions with such stupidity that they might as well wear their ass as a hat.  Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:28:41 am by vdubkid » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Sarge

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 03:55:19 am »

One more round for the road, guys.... Grin Cool

DKP III
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 04:06:42 am »

Great pics of great cars, Sarge. Thanks.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 04:09:32 am »

WARNING! This remark should only be used on a selective basis and without any notice. Thanks for removing any confusion and misinformation regarding the status of this general term for someone who carries out actions with such stupidity that they might as well wear their ass as a hat.  Cheesy Grin

I don't care who you are that's funny right there...

Der Kleiner Panzers
youngnstudly

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 18:39:06 pm »

What size and brand are the rear tires on the blue 64 bug behind sarge's car (last photo posted as of now)? That car looks really good with the combo it has (popouts, wheels/tires, vert decklid etc) Smiley. It seems like more guys build the 65 and up cars and you  don't see as many pre 65's.

I don't care who you are that's funny right there...

Preacher told me that joke... Cheesy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
Sarge

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 19:22:18 pm »

What size and brand are the rear tires on the blue 64 bug behind sarge's car (last photo posted as of now)?

Those are BF Goodrich Drag Radials.... 235/60 R15.  Jeg's sells them for $165.00 ea.

DKP III
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: