The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 12:57:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Build in years, destroyed in seconds
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Build in years, destroyed in seconds  (Read 22493 times)
wolfswest

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2009, 08:36:36 am »

Mine!   Grin

edit: Hope you get your car rebuilt soon.

--louis

is that still for sale?  or on ebay or...?  I'm interested in this one!

thx

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Georg/DFL

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2009, 21:29:44 pm »

Mine!   Grin

edit: Hope you get your car rebuilt soon.

--louis

is that still for sale?  or on ebay or...?  I'm interested in this one!

thx

Dem

Sorry Dem, it's sold!

Alex, Michael, Philip, Ron, I send you all a PM. Please check!

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Stephan S

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2009, 23:21:45 pm »

Georg, got my email?

Der Kleiner Panzers
Georg/DFL

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2009, 23:23:17 pm »

Georg, got my email?

Yes, got it. Just been frickin busy! I'll call you, have an idea!

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Sander/DVK

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 22:35:34 pm »

How is the beetle (and Jurgen) now? Almost ready to drive?

Just curios.

Sander

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Jürgen/DFL

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2009, 10:55:14 am »

Hi Sander
I search for parts and then I must save money for the Paintshop.
I think ( hope ) the car will be race ready for the next season.

regards

Jürgen
vwcab

peter

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2009, 11:14:25 am »

Good luck with the search and rebuild,your car is one of my fav's.(loved that feature in "kaefer-revue" with poster)
(I hope the support t-shirts are ready by DDD#7,so I can wear it   Undecided

grtz,Peter   Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Sander/DVK

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2009, 17:45:55 pm »

Hi Jürgen, I send you a PM.

Cheers,
Sander

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2009, 20:39:16 pm »

I think ( hope ) the car will be race ready for the next season.

That's a good new, good luck on the rebuilt. Wink

Russell

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2009, 21:55:13 pm »

Angry

This whole topic is making me very Angry now !

Best Regards

Russell
Sander/DVK

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 18:09:24 pm »

Why?  Huh

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
dirk zeyen

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2009, 20:10:22 pm »

hello russell,

jürgens car is a really fast and nice car!!!
why are you angry?!?

dirk

back again!!!
Russell

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2009, 23:46:07 pm »

hello russell,

jürgens car is a really fast and nice car!!!
why are you angry?!?

dirk

Im not angry at Jurgen at all in fact i wanted to help...... but no-one else did ? not one german from his club offered to buy a tee-shirt or bid on a run in stutt bee, I only had 1 offer from France..... I had expected some of the club members to help with this also but from what Ive seen most things sold went to people outwith the club ! maybe ive picked it up wrong but i never heard from anyone not even Georg who promised a PM !!!

Best Regards

Russell
Tobi/DFL

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2009, 09:01:41 am »

Hi Russel,

I think you really got something wrong! There have been lots of parts donations from clubmembers which were either sold via internet forums or ebay as a donation for Jürgen.
The second idea was to make some T-shirts. The problem is that not all people that ordered a T-shirt have already paid, so Olaf A./DFL who makes the shirts for us couldn´t start to produce them.
Regarding the PM George promised you: all I can say is the he had quite some trouble at his job the last few weeks and will probably simply have forgotten to send you the PM!

Anyway...I don´t know the exact number BUT even without the profit from selling the shirts we have already collected a nice amount of money thanks to the help of everybody who donated stuff for sale. So thank you all for your help! When the shirts are sold the complete sum that we are handing out to Jürgen will be announced here in the LOUNGE.
Thanks!

Tobi
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2009, 20:16:40 pm »

I think you got it all wrong Russel, I have met the DFL in person on one of their bowling nights, talk about a close knit club. Don't forget they all live miles and miles apart, scattered all over Germany only bound by the Cal Look. Really a club to take an example from. And like Tobi said, it was them who triggered the fundraiser in the first place and they all dug deep in their personal stashes to sell items to sponsor the rebuild.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Helge/DFL

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2009, 21:17:50 pm »

Russel, do you come to the DAS Drag Day #7? Would you offer the ride again? No for me, but maybe somebody else is thinking about it.

-DFL- Der Fieser Luftkühlers
`59 Dragrace Beetle "Stage Fright"
`62 ragtop Beetle
Russell

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2009, 21:53:02 pm »

Russel, do you come to the DAS Drag Day #7? Would you offer the ride again? No for me, but maybe somebody else is thinking about it.

Sorry no i cant make it but wish i could  Sad

Hi Russel,

I think you really got something wrong! There have been lots of parts donations from clubmembers which were either sold via internet forums or ebay as a donation for Jürgen.
The second idea was to make some T-shirts. The problem is that not all people that ordered a T-shirt have already paid, so Olaf A./DFL who makes the shirts for us couldn´t start to produce them.
Regarding the PM George promised you: all I can say is the he had quite some trouble at his job the last few weeks and will probably simply have forgotten to send you the PM!

Anyway...I don´t know the exact number BUT even without the profit from selling the shirts we have already collected a nice amount of money thanks to the help of everybody who donated stuff for sale. So thank you all for your help! When the shirts are sold the complete sum that we are handing out to Jürgen will be announced here in the LOUNGE.
Thanks!

Tobi

It wasnt the club tee shirts i was talking about it was the ones that i offered for sale at EBI to help - noone wanted them not even for a rag and this was me trying to help get some funds for the rebuild....

I think you got it all wrong Russel, I have met the DFL in person on one of their bowling nights, talk about a close knit club. Don't forget they all live miles and miles apart, scattered all over Germany only bound by the Cal Look. Really a club to take an example from. And like Tobi said, it was them who triggered the fundraiser in the first place and they all dug deep in their personal stashes to sell items to sponsor the rebuild.

For the record I have no beef with the Club as a Cal look Club, as I met many of the guys and they are great along with there superb cars, however i was only stating that like others i tried to help but in my case no one appeared interested, thats all.

Best Regards

Russell
Russell

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2009, 21:54:39 pm »

OK Guys heres the VW Gasser Garage offer.....

I will be selling Orange Underdog Tee-Shirts at EBI again this year for 15euros, for every tee shirt sold 5 euros will he handed to Georg on the Sunday afternoon, however as we seem to be low in numbers from Germany for EBI,  Ill give 10 euros for every teeshirt that is purchased by a German.

So to help a fellow cal look freind come to EBI3 and buy a underdog teeshirt.

Georg, if you guys want to sell them and collect the money ill give you some stock on Thursday as well

Also as Stutt Bee wil be at the track I will arrange for Paul Schley to drive stutt bee down the track hard with a fellow lounger as passanger, this will be open to the highest bidder by PM i will not post the highest offer but PM me your best cash offer and the winner will be announced on Monday 29th June, bidding closes this Friday 26th June at 9pm Euro time.

Again whatever the offer the full amount will be handed to Georg for onpass to Jurgen

Good luck with the rebuild.

here was my offer Huh

Best Regards

Russell
Andi/DFL

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 07:35:49 am »

Russell,

please keep in mind, that only 2 (or 3?) DFL members were present at this years EBI.
Be very sure that we've done everything we could, to support Jürgen.

Speaking for me personally and not for the club:  As a club member and friend of Jürgen, it is more value for me, if I would give the money directly to Jürgen, instead of spending it on a ride down the track as a passenger, whoever the driver is.

Visiting the lounge only 2-3 times a year (shame on me, I know), I've only heard recently from your offer and I think you know, that we're thankful for all kinds of help. Maybe it was just bad timing with many DFL members not going to EBI.

Regards
Andi

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: