The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 00:00:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Be Prepared
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Be Prepared  (Read 2646 times)
Sarge

« on: June 25, 2009, 15:35:24 pm »

Back in the '70's, Laserium at the Griffith Park Observatory, was a trip.... the ultimate light show! Cool  Grin

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/arts/la-et-laserium25-2009jun25,0,6499755.story

DKP III
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 17:26:14 pm »

Good one Sarge.

Yep... been there -- done that during the heyday of my party daze. The last time for me was around 1978 or so... we made our way down the hill after the show in my old '66 sedan and the brake master decided to give up! Yep, drove the 40 or so miles home on the e-brake... that'll sober you right up Grin

~Dave
SlingShot

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 17:50:55 pm »

A little off topic but whats the name & where is the Observatory that was in Rebel Without A Cause?

Will Race For Beer !!!
Sarge

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 17:57:25 pm »

The very same Griffith Park Observatory.  We went to the Laser Show many times back then... party like the fools we were, stumble into the show, then consume massive quantities of KFC chicken in the parking lot afterwords. Grin  Nice story on the brakes, Dave.... BUZZ KILL!

DKP III
Jim Ratto

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 20:00:38 pm »

My wife, son and I were up @ the observatory on a Friday night a few months back. Little crowded in there. Pretty cool displays for those wondering how seasons work, tides, what surface of sun looks like...etc.

My friends and I used to go to Lasarium deal all the time in Golden Gate Park up in SF.... back in the good ol' high school daze. It was always Pink Floyd that the show was set to.... usually a combo of tracks from "Meddle", "Dark Side" and "Wish You Were here"....... always a trip. I can remember many nights of going comatose in there and waking up when it was all over... "where is everybody?" Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: