The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:01:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Our new shop race car project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Our new shop race car project  (Read 2375 times)
Sam K

« on: October 05, 2011, 05:12:14 am »

I've been thinking about building a shop drag race bug for a while now and I came across a roller on Craigslist the other day. It needs a bit of work, but as a lot of parts and potential. It's built around a '75 standard beetle and I was told that it was racing a few years ago but the owner put the drivetrain into a dune buggy and sold it to the guy that I bought it from. The car has had the torsion housing raised 2" and has a king and link frame head with an aluminum beam, lowered spindles and spindle mounts. It has a one piece front end, fiberglass rear fenders and lexan windows. It also came with a new roll cage, a fuel cell, a racing seat, an 091 transmission core, and some other random parts. The only downside was that it was 250 miles away and on the other side of the rocky mountains in the town of Hotchkiss, Colorado. We left at 5 am yesterday and had it back to shop by 4 pm. Now we can get to work! With any luck I'll have it on the track next summer.

This is where it had been stitiing for the last couple years. He also had a '65 Ghia in there.

And a couple of pictures on the way home.
Sam K

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:15:33 am »

Here it is back in the shop.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: