The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:15:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350704 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  12 spoke mag spindle mounts - fitted with disc brakes, on L/P stub axles.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 12 spoke mag spindle mounts - fitted with disc brakes, on L/P stub axles.  (Read 2857 times)
Horrido

« on: November 11, 2008, 12:50:24 pm »

One pair of authentic 1960s magnesium alloy American Racing Equipment, 3.5" x 15" 12 spoke spindle mounts, fitted with disc brakes, using small single pot Willwood calipers. Mounted on CB link pin dropped spindles via specially machined early Ford pattern spindles.
Only need to be fitted to your stub axle carriers, to bolt directly to your early Beetle.
They have never been fitted to any car since they were converted for street use, so all parts are as new.

The disc conversion and spindle adaptation was carried out by a well known UK Hot Rodder, who has done several sets of these wheels, for use on Hot Rods, where they have to carry a lot more weight than a Beetle. All have been trouble free for many road miles.

The wheels themselves are in very good condition, and have aged nicely with the unique grey coating that you only get with real magnesium parts. They look very little like the fake, ten spoke bolt on jobs that were recently produced.

I donīt really want to sell them, but they are doing me no good sitting around.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the only street legal set of ARE 12 spokes to directly fit a Beetle in the world. The only other way to get them to fit your car is to fit a beam axle and early Ford stub axles. And you donīt want that!

Priced at 1550 UK pounds, which - donīt forget - includes the wheels, disc setup and the drop spindles.

simon uk

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 13:09:36 pm »

wow, awesome set up!

If my car wasnt ball joint, and I had to cash I would be onto these! I think that pair of American Racing Torque Thrusts in wide 5 is still on the samba, what a set of wheels that would be.
Horrido

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:41:06 pm »

BUMP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: