The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:37:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  oil pressure probs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: oil pressure probs?  (Read 2821 times)
meltdown

« on: August 28, 2011, 20:28:42 pm »

well, the guys have been over today (rich and Chris- - big thanks) and helped me get my motor in after Mr walklett built it up, my question is oil pressure...

Im worried as the last time it ran (drag day) it ended up wearing the big ends after only 6 or so passes....

oil pressure is static from cold at about 35-40psi and only rises by about 1-2psi when revved - is that normal?

motor is 2332cc turbo

the oil take off for the turbo is teed off by the pressure sender (could this affect it?)

i also run a cooler block off where the stock cooler should go and i have a csp pressure relief cover,..

any ideas oram i worrying over nothing? Wink
tonybone

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 03:46:15 am »

Maybe the cps relief cover is regulating ur pressure. It's most likely this as you don't see any rise in pressure when you increase revs at cold.
Have you plugged a manual gauge into the oil press take off and checked to see if you gauges are actually reading correctly.?

Good luck

Tony
viNce

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 17:53:16 pm »

Your oil pressure plunger near the flywheel is just doing his work, bypassing oil pressure above 40 psi.
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:06:47 am »

Lol, That's where I wish my pressure was cold, instead I'm likely having to tear my beast down and build it on another case. Live and learn for me, I reckon.
Airspeed

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 18:23:52 pm »

What does Mr. Walklet suggest you do or not do? (as he build it as you say)

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 19:11:30 pm »

Lol, That's where I wish my pressure was cold, instead I'm likely having to tear my beast down and build it on another case. Live and learn for me, I reckon.

Have you tried adjusting the plunger? A quick test before tearing down the engine.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
bugnut68

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 20:13:26 pm »

Have you tried adjusting the plunger? A quick test before tearing down the engine.

I've done everything imagineable... case is line bored .060, I figured if everything checked out in terms of clearances and what not it would be okay.  I'm down to trying out a cast iron pump and a set of booster springs and beyond that it's basically another case.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: