The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:27:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350756 Posts in 28586 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Magneto advance curve rework in Europe?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magneto advance curve rework in Europe?  (Read 1752 times)

« on: December 09, 2011, 13:36:48 pm »

Who can do it? I have an excellent industrial magneto which I wouldl like to use on my engine. Who can change the advance curve to "Bosch 010" style and recharge the magneto elements?

Thank you,

Jan

leec

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 14:06:25 pm »

I overheard Ian Clark@Wolfsburg Perfornance saying he had a contact who could work on magnetos.

May be worth contacting him.

Lee
hotrodsurplus

It's not how fast you go; it's how you go fast.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:24:39 am »

Who can change the advance curve to "Bosch 010" style and recharge the magneto

the scintilla-type mags have a slightly different style advance mechanism than most conventional distributors do. They use stacked brass weights and not a counterweight and springs. They typically don't offer a lot of fine tuning--mostly the amount of advance is important than the rate at a given engine speed. The advance is there so the engine can start. Once it fires the advance usually kicks in fully very quickly. That's not altogether bad for a performance engine.

Airplanes use mags so ask around small airports who energizes magnets. small local private shops will often do the work very inexpensively if you disassemble the mag. Are you sure yours needs magnetizing?

You can get all the tools you need plus a real good book on how to work on vertex-scintilla mags at speedwaymotors.com

Chris Shelton. Professional liar.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: