The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 16:49:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350784 Posts in 28591 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Rocker covers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rocker covers  (Read 2442 times)
glennc

« on: May 20, 2010, 21:46:06 pm »

What are the best rocker covers for comp eliminators with pauter rocker? I've got scat and there not sealing very well.

O/FF 88
12.66 @ 98mph at Garys picnic 31/5/10
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:59:17 am »

Are the rockers hitting the inside of the covers? That can cause them to lift. The CSP bolt on ones are supposed to be very good, but with the Pauter rockers I don't know if they'd still fit.
I ran Scat covers on my 2276 and didn't have any problems at all, but I did use blue gasket sealant between gasket and cover, and grease between gasket and head. The blue sealant was put onto the gaskets and clamped to a spare head to get it to seat properly well in advance.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
gbaker770

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 14:48:41 pm »

I have had a lot of problems with the bolt on types leaking. I'm running comp-e's with Pauter 1.4's. I just had a buddy modify some stock style clip-on covers. When I get them I will post pics. He's done quite a few sets and said that will solve my problem.
Mike Lawless

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 20:23:36 pm »

I've run quite a few different sets of VCs on my CompEs over the years.

The stockers need quite a bit of dimpling so that the adjusters clear. This can warp them so they don't sit flat. That equals leakage. If you can dimple them without warping them, this could work well.

The CSP VCs need to have the stud holes welding and redrilled as they sit too high on the head. I'd imagine those would work well once they were modified

The CB cast VCs with the channel gasket work fairly well after some modifications to the mounting system. I never liked the idea of nylock nuts and then tighten them "just so much" that the gasket seals. using 12 point nuts to hold the rockers on, then using the barrel nuts over the top of those, drilling the VC holes out so that they fit over the barrel nuts. Then I made thick washer from aluminum and shortened a 3/8" fine threaded allen bolt to EXACTLY the right length to jam against the rocker stud to give .020" compression on the VC gasket and used an O-ring to seal between the barrel nut and the VC. That way, I could simply tighten the allen bolts until they jammed tight. No guess work. A bit of work, but it was leak free for the most part. The VC gaskets would eventually start to seep and that's when I would replace them.

Winner, 2009 Bakersfield March Meet
2006 PRA Super Gas Champion
2002-2003 DRKC Champion
http://www.lawlessdesigns.com
james wotton

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 21:03:02 pm »

hello glenn

I've got scat cover on my comps and i use standard bail arms to give more tension and they don't leak.
csp covers will not fit as the rocker stud's are offset from stock.

cheers james

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: