The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:23:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Lexan windows
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lexan windows  (Read 4181 times)
Andy Sykes

« on: September 29, 2012, 19:50:24 pm »

Hi

We're can you get lexan windows from and what different ways are tree to fit them apart from using the normal seals Amy pics would be good

Cheers andy

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
leec

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 21:43:01 pm »

Paul Woodhead at Direct Plastics (Outlaw member) does some really nice lexan.

I got mine from ebay and cut it to size using a wood blade in a jigsaw.

Lee
Neil Davies

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 21:47:02 pm »

I was about to say what Lee just did... Paul's lexan had an anti-scratch coating on it - keeps it looking really good.

Do you want the windows flush fitting or looking stock? Mine werejust drilled and bolted into the standard lip, no window rubbers. Tiki Madness (Michael) has a few nice pictures on his thread about how he fitted his.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Andy Sykes

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 21:53:56 pm »

Paul Woodhead at Direct Plastics (Outlaw member) does some really nice lexan.

I got mine from ebay and cut it to size using a wood blade in a jigsaw.

Lee

Cool I met Paul the other week I will send him a message Smiley

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Andy Sykes

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 21:57:02 pm »

I was about to say what Lee just did... Paul's lexan had an anti-scratch coating on it - keeps it looking really good.

Do you want the windows flush fitting or looking stock? Mine werejust drilled and bolted into the standard lip, no window rubbers. Tiki Madness (Michael) has a few nice pictures on his thread about how he fitted his.

The first bit I can't decide on yet Sad I've seen the tiki I like that idea I think the tabs came from jim smith

Thanks for your reply
Cheers andy

dannyboy

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 22:38:03 pm »

yep mr woodhead mate great guy to deal with  Wink

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
AntLockyer

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 08:51:35 am »

I've got a full set of plastic here from Paul that I'm not going to use. Should be big enough to do flush mount.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
Shane Noone

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 10:44:58 am »

Andy, am pretty sure Ian Shorrock can help you here also....

Shane.
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 09:44:10 am »

How do you mount them flush-mount style? Does the thickness of the mexan stand pround of the bodywork in this case? Some of the mounts I've seen look like they're possibly adding weight back in unnecessarily - could you use rivserts or something on the body and then small allen bolts, is that the way its done?

richie

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 10:03:22 am »

How do you mount them flush-mount style? Does the thickness of the mexan stand pround of the bodywork in this case? Some of the mounts I've seen look like they're possibly adding weight back in unnecessarily - could you use rivserts or something on the body and then small allen bolts, is that the way its done?

the ones you buy ready to fit have a chamfer cut into the edge to match the shape of the body work so they are totally flush,it doesnt need many tabs to hold them in,some cars do seem to have got an excessive amount of material securing them

cheers richie 

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 11:07:55 am »

Cheers Smiley

Jonny Grigg

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 22:11:50 pm »

the ones you buy ready to fit have a chamfer cut into the edge to match the shape of the body work so they are totally flush,it doesnt need many tabs to hold them in,some cars do seem to have got an excessive amount of material securing them

cheers richie 

I fitted mine exactly how Richie has described here. I got them from Werksberg via (now) Pierside Parts about 4 years ago. The rear window is a bitch to fit, but it does eventually.

No Compromise. O/FF111
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: