The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:50:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cal Look Karmann Ghia thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Cal Look Karmann Ghia thread  (Read 160586 times)
Peter

« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2010, 10:51:12 am »

Indeed Kris,
Best looking KG EVER! Smiley
jick

« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2010, 11:04:03 am »

OMG, now it's for sure I have to make mine a callooker (and better start write now  Tongue)   Shocked

Keep the pictures coming  Cool

gr
Wout

Be sure of it that it has to be a callooker and let Roger Grago's car be an example.  This is also a late sixties car.  Good luck

Philip Steenackers
Flatline Lowriders
Belgium
I would take this one as an example, it’s soooo nice with the cleaned vents. Wink

i totally agree....one of my favourite Ghia's ever....everything about it is perfect,i think they respond so much better to that pastel color/color coded late 70's /80's style california look rather than the more factory kind of "old school" for want of a better phrase look.

Peter

« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2010, 16:09:24 pm »

Ok its getting there, I think:
volkskris

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2010, 16:18:06 pm »

Indeed Kris,
Best looking KG EVER! Smiley
I  had a feeling that you would like that car Tongue
But your indicators look green on the top Huh I Know the best method for getting that off: remove the whole indicator Grin
Wout

« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2010, 17:15:24 pm »

OMG, now it's for sure I have to make mine a callooker (and better start write now  Tongue)   Shocked

gr
Wout

Be sure of it that it has to be a callooker and let Roger Grago's car be an example.  This is also a late sixties car.  Good luck

Philip Steenackers
Flatline Lowriders
Belgium
I would take this one as an example, it’s soooo nice with the cleaned vents. Wink

i totally agree....one of my favourite Ghia's ever....everything about it is perfect,i think they respond so much better to that pastel color/color coded late 70's /80's style california look rather than the more factory kind of "old school" for want of a better phrase look.

Verry nice KG but did all the effort to find a really healthy ghia with no rust in the air-intakes and then closed them would be a verry silly thing to do  Roll Eyes
My plan for my 67 is:
lotus white
original red interior (is allready at the shop to restore)
detailed pedrini's
clean stock 1500 (maybe little bit modified)
and for the callook stance it's up to you guys  Grin
whole plan is to make it pass the daily technical inspection, my 68 bug has 944 brakes and 1700 typ4 and don't want that restriction sh*t anymore  Undecided

gr
Wout

Aircooled vw's for life!
http://aircooled-wout.fotopages.com/
Eric Justus

« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2010, 18:21:32 pm »

Eric Justus
HotVWs, SuperVW, Let's Play VW Cal-Look features
Der Kleiner Panzers VW club
Jim Ratto

« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2010, 19:27:20 pm »

Mine with the 5 spokes

very nice.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2010, 23:32:53 pm »

gr
Wout

Philip Steenackers
Flatline Lowriders
Belgium

I couldn't disagree more, filling the vents is like putting a honeycomb grill in a 32 ford, yea, it's different, but it looks WRONG!!!!!! that is one of the all time iconic noses, when you see it, you know exactly what youre looking at. just my .02

Cheesepanzer

« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:33 am »

Always liked that car.    Cool

62 Beetle (street/strip build)
63 Type 2 Single Cab
Cornpanzers
Gary Justus

« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2010, 02:59:09 am »

Always liked that car.    Cool
I have a soft spot, too Wink...Eric's car pissed off the T34 folks, but certainly touched the "Cal-Look" people in a big way.
2manytoys

« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2010, 06:21:45 am »

That aint' no glass front end ghia either. I came very close to building a T34 racer. Cool car.

Patrick Friel -..2manytoys, not enough time or money
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2010, 08:20:45 am »

i did post the pic allready somewhere else........but because this car is that good i will post it here again, hahaha Roll Eyes
JamieL

« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2010, 13:41:11 pm »

Cool thread! Smiley

Here's my old car - miss it badly and need another one now...

Rich99

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2010, 15:19:01 pm »

If race cars are included, then there has to be this one....

I am sure I am committing heresy by not knowing this car, but does anyone have anymore pictures of it as loving the paint job? 

As for the nose grills, for me they make a Ghia so definitely not losing mine.  Alas, twelve years ago when I bought mine, I bought a convertible 69 (70 model) so now have the wraparound indicators but am sticking with them rather than welding up the area and putting in bullets.
Brandon Sinclair

« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2010, 17:23:06 pm »

I am not a big fan of two tone paint on bugs, but I absolutely love it in ghias with the black roof!!

On the back of VW Trends there used to be an advertisement (I forget the name of the retailer) with a red ghia driving through the countryside with a chrome muffler and header sticking out the back-that was a nice looking VW.
nicolas

« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2010, 18:46:46 pm »

now we are talking !
Eric Justus

« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2010, 04:30:26 am »

a few more I jumbled up

Wink

Eric Justus
HotVWs, SuperVW, Let's Play VW Cal-Look features
Der Kleiner Panzers VW club
1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2010, 06:22:41 am »

gr
Wout

Philip Steenackers
Flatline Lowriders
Belgium

Verry nice KG but did all the effort to find a really healthy ghia with no rust in the air-intakes and then closed them would be a verry silly thing to do  Roll Eyes
My plan for my 67 is:
lotus white
original red interior (is allready at the shop to restore)
detailed pedrini's
clean stock 1500 (maybe little bit modified)
and for the callook stance it's up to you guys  Grin
whole plan is to make it pass the daily technical inspection, my 68 bug has 944 brakes and 1700 typ4 and don't want that restriction sh*t anymore  Undecided

gr
Wout

That is a good plan, Wout, it will be a very cool car.  If you start with a really nice bases like a Karmann Ghia, you don't need a lot of modifications to make it work.  Less is more they say and for a karmann ghia it is surely true.  Perhaps a black roof Grin

Philip
Flatline Lowriders
Belgium
Wout

« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2010, 08:16:49 am »

Something like this superb ride???  Grin Foto: SCC 08.

But with pedrini's...

gr
Wout

Aircooled vw's for life!
http://aircooled-wout.fotopages.com/
1957lowlight

Philip Steenackers

« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2010, 21:30:52 pm »

Wout,

That's Joran's car.  I loved the way it looked with chromed Empi Sprintstars, Empi GTV and vintage motor, like in Spa 5 years ago

Phililp
Jim Ratto

« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2010, 16:16:48 pm »

Nice engine /\!
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2010, 23:41:19 pm »

SEBB

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:31 am »

My car's

1961 vert (orginal Fuchs  Grin)

and my Low Light (from San Jose) Wink...

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2010, 10:04:16 am »

finally i see your car  Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
QT VW

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2010, 13:29:35 pm »

gr
Wout

Philip Steenackers
Flatline Lowriders
Belgium

QT VW

« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2010, 13:39:32 pm »

Wink
  I think this is now in New Zealand I am doing a ground up rebuild  on it .Believe at one time it won America's best KG would love to find any info on it . Cheers Harry [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] Am referring to the light blue Ghia with filled in vents
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 13:54:03 pm by QT VW » Logged
Cornpanzer

« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2010, 13:55:25 pm »

a few more I jumbled up

Wink

That was a cool car.  Driver was questionable...but the car was great!  Wink

Where did it end up?

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
jick

« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2010, 13:57:54 pm »

Wink
  I think this is now in New Zealand I am doing a ground up rebuild  on it .Believe at one time it won America's best KG would love to find any info on it . Cheers Harry [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] Am referring to the light blue Ghia with filled in vents

wow...very cool!
what are your plans for it......restoring it to how it looked in the previous photo's?  i love that car.

cheers...jick

QT VW

« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2010, 14:08:15 pm »

Wink

wow...very cool!
what are your plans for it......restoring it to how it looked in the previous photo's?  i love that car.

cheers...jick
Only difference is it will be in black . 2276cc motor with gene berg 5 speed Airkweld bad series brakes . Carbon fibre interior . Cheers Harry
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2010, 14:34:50 pm »

found this one the samba a long long time ago.
not very cal-look, to my eyes it seems more akin to a mercedes 300sl gullwing for some reason  Roll Eyes

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: