The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 17:30:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350700 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Who Does P+P Stock Valve Heads?/Let's Beat Up On Zach Thread :)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Who Does P+P Stock Valve Heads?/Let's Beat Up On Zach Thread :)  (Read 12441 times)
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 13:59:15 pm »

Seriously though Zach ...

I pulled the heads from a recent project of mine to find a damaged cylinder causing my 'oil consumption' problem.
After pulling the cylinders and pistons (90.5s), I was able to see the damage on the cam & lifters.

Kind of a downer, but turned the frown upside down by splitting the case, putting in the cam I really wanted anyway (!!!), took the time to port the heads myself as per guru directives, got a good valve job done on them, and it runs like a top!
The whole project only took 2 months, working after hours (of course) and now I'm very happy.

Got it all done right the first time and no looking back or dreading having to do it all over again.

I wish you good luck with your project whatever direction you choose.
TexasTom

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
nicolas

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 20:42:36 pm »

hey look another one with the same thing to say (but different)

sorry Zach, but check the bottom end as well. there is some many 'free' horsepower to be gained without buying other parts.
i know what you mean and i am stubborn as well, but it doesn't seem to be woth it in the (for me anyway...)

SlingShot

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 16:01:49 pm »

Let's Beat Up On Zach Thread Smiley

So there is a greasy short block behind the shop. It turns over, rods don't feel too loose. You can hose it off, and bolt your nice shiny parts to it & BAMM... you got the same end product and GTV will have hardly no down time. WIN WIN...Right???

Will Race For Beer !!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: