The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 22:57:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350707 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKP ,DKK ,DSK ,DVB ,etc.............
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: DKP ,DKK ,DSK ,DVB ,etc.............  (Read 344443 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2008, 18:15:27 pm »

Picture comments...I don't think that's Steve's Ghia... the color is too yellow... Steve's was more brown also with dark brown 8 spokes. Yellow car? Maybe Itos??

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2008, 20:15:53 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked cool pictures guys , love those
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2008, 20:24:05 pm »

I thought that was Vince's car, at first, too. It could be... hard to say. I remember his car having buggy bars and 914 2.0 liter wheels. Polished with black background. Good call on Steve's car... you're right.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2008, 20:31:25 pm »

and behind the yellow bug  is it jim moore notch Huh

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2008, 20:44:56 pm »

Might be Gary Dean's. I think the color is closer to Gary's plus I know he had chrome headlight rings and I think that Jimmy's were painted.

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2008, 20:47:13 pm »

Might be Gary Dean's. I think the color is closer to Gary's plus I know he had chrome headlight rings and I think that Jimmy's were painted.
oh yes dean notch with 8 spokes

Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #396 on: March 04, 2008, 01:23:52 am »

First things first...  It was absolutely GREAT seeing you guys last night.  All you guys are totally fun and I look forward to seeing you more often.  Once every 25 years just is'nt enough... ha.  Oh, and Bill Schwimmer.... as Bill Murray said in Stripes..."you are a Mad Man".  That car of yours is insane and my son would not stop drooling at it.  You have consistently built some of the BEST Cal Look cars year after year and top quality stuff too.  It truly is amazing.

Now, I did not really look at that photo of the yellow car until I read your post just now.  That person sitting/leaning on the light post my friends is no other than Steve Dale.  One of the Dale brothers from Fullerton.  That hair... and stance, its him for sure.

Oh..... and WTF? I take off and THEN its photo time of the "gang"?  Wait till I left did yah?  Did'nt want my bald head ruining the flash?  Hah. 

What a cool night for me and my kids last night.

See you in April

Dyno..... my kids LOVED you.  My daughter says "...Dad, why is he so wierd?  He's crazier than you!"  "....Yes he is honey, pretty cool huh?..."  "..He's fun.."

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2008, 02:02:39 am »

Heres another one from the same guy...

And YES that is Mark Ramirez.  Cool huh.

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Rennsurfer

« Reply #398 on: March 04, 2008, 03:30:52 am »

I take off and THEN its photo time of the "gang"?  Wait till I left did yah?  Did'nt want my bald head ruining the flash?  Hah. 

No, you're actually in one of my candid shots on the club forum. So... git on ovah there and have a looky-see.

Grin

~Sarge
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #399 on: March 09, 2008, 05:33:35 am »

The yellow car was Vince's, remember it was called LoBuks, hence the chromies. Also the truck behind it is Willie's as well as the sepia car in the last post.

Willie had alot of cars, when we first met he had and orange KG with "Sight for Sore Eye's" painted in the back window, he also had red '57 that he rolled on teh way back from the Speedway races one night. Mark Ramirez and I were driving behind him and saw the whole thing in Mark's black '67. It was pretty sureal. Willie also had that sepia car as well as the yellow bus. I'm thinkin that the sepia car came from another member but I can't remember who.

Nice stuff all, thanks for teh memories.

-jeffrey

Rennsurfer

« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2008, 06:20:24 am »

Jeffrey, thanks for clarifying the yellow car. I only remember Vince having the 914 wheels. At least all of my pics show it as such. I do remember the plate.

~Sarge
pdayton

« Reply #401 on: March 10, 2008, 01:10:00 am »

nobody is interesting about this topic?Huh? only shubee , tinman, bill schwimmer , and few other  Embarrassed
the next club will be the der kleiner kampfwagen (DKK) maybe bill & rick will share some stories  Roll Eyes

Hold your horses there!  I am proud to see continued interest in the original DKP from the mid-sixties.  Great to see guys like Jim Edmiston still carrying the flag for us old timers.  I am certain that all who have read your post appreciate your comment but, I for one, am most interested in seeing a steady stream of SKP memories.

Pete Dayton
Founding member and President 1967
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2008, 16:46:55 pm »

welcome pete  cool to see another first DKP member you don't regret you registration  Grin Grin ... and thx the kind words
rgd
fabs  Wink  ,

Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2008, 18:02:31 pm »

Found these on The Samba posted from Low Oval (?).  Whose yellow car with DKK stickers?  Any idea?  And heres Gemco on Harbor and Lambert(La Habra not Whittier), I think this one is where we staged for one of the DKK rallies.  Looks like Alex Rodriquez leaning in the window.  Probably collecting money!  ha.
That Gemco is where I bought my first 45 rpm records.  Ballroom Blitz by Sweet, Fame by Bowie, and Jungle Boogie by Kool and the Gang...Hah!

The Four Cars in the First Picture are all DSK Cars the Zenth Blue 67 was Bob Carmona's Daily Driver sitting Shotgun is Steve Walker and Larry Rick in the Back Seat ,The 67 Vert Was Mine,the 62 Behind me was Lenard Hedges Second Car, and the 61 Sunroof Belonged to Bruce Fry, Nice Picture Brings Back Memories Grin
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 18:06:03 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2008, 18:12:28 pm »

Found these on The Samba posted from Low Oval (?).  Whose yellow car with DKK stickers?  Any idea?  And heres Gemco on Harbor and Lambert(La Habra not Whittier), I think this one is where we staged for one of the DKK rallies.  Looks like Alex Rodriquez leaning in the window.  Probably collecting money!  ha.
That Gemco is where I bought my first 45 rpm records.  Ballroom Blitz by Sweet, Fame by Bowie, and Jungle Boogie by Kool and the Gang...Hah!

The Four Cars in the First Picture are all DSK Cars the Zenth Blue 67 was Bob Carmona's Daily Driver sitting Shotgun is Steve Walker and Larry Rick in the Back Seat ,The 67 Vert Was Mine,the 62 Behind me was Lenard Hedges Second Car, and the 61 Sunroof Belonged to Bruce Fry, Nice Picture Brings Back Memories Grin
gary , you sure that's a 62 behind your car , the front fenders had 67 headlight Huh..
rgd
fabs  Wink

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #405 on: March 10, 2008, 18:20:03 pm »

yes its a 62 he ran 67 front fenders on it instead of early fenders on a late car look at the side windows they are small

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #406 on: March 10, 2008, 18:20:22 pm »

Hey, look what I just found!

-jeffrey

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #407 on: March 10, 2008, 18:23:21 pm »

-jeffrey
The Funny thing is it says Vaughn Rollings I know him, he and his brother use to own Rollings automotive in Fullerton
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 18:25:31 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #408 on: March 10, 2008, 18:25:40 pm »

-jeffrey
The Funny thing is it says Vaughn Rollings I know him

Vaughn who?? Never heard of the man... that's my story anyway!  Grin Grin Grin

jhicken
DKK

« Reply #409 on: March 10, 2008, 18:29:46 pm »

I know Vaughn too. It's been quite a long time since I last saw him, but I spent alot of quality time hanging around at his place back in teh day. He actually built a motor for me. I was also towing him in his drag car [Anticipation or Imagination? One was his, the other was his brothers Chevy] the day he ran a 10.3. at OCIR.

-jeffrey

Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #410 on: March 10, 2008, 21:10:08 pm »

cool pic gary!
which size fuchs did your's and the '62 run? if you can remember...

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Rennsurfer

« Reply #411 on: March 11, 2008, 01:15:13 am »

Vaugh Rollings... blast from the distant past. Haven't seen him since the early '80s. Good stuff!

Gary, silly question time; is your old car ( with lic. plates: '67 CONV ) in the Stephan's new book on page 27? Same plate, same model, same year. Sorry, but I've been away from the scene since 1985.

~Sarge
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #412 on: March 11, 2008, 01:38:01 am »

von has a shop in anaheim across the street from top-line. it's at miraloma and redgum address is 2911 E miraloma I think unit 5 he was a few door's down from me. He's usually there every weekend.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #413 on: March 11, 2008, 04:19:25 am »

If you see him, tell him Jeff Hicken said hey. It's been a realy long time.

-jeffrey

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #414 on: March 11, 2008, 05:31:16 am »

cool pic gary!
which size fuchs did your's and the '62 run? if you can remember...
My convert had 14x5 1/2 alloys all around the 62 ran15x5 1/2 in front and early 6's in the rear

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #415 on: March 11, 2008, 05:37:05 am »

Vaugh Rollings... blast from the distant past. Haven't seen him since the early '80s. Good stuff!

Gary, silly question time; is your old car ( with lic. plates: '67 CONV ) in the Stephan's new book on page 27? Same plate, same model, same year. Sorry, but I've been away from the scene since 1985.

same car same 67 CONV plate but two differnt owners I sold it over 20 years ago and it's still running the streets of So. Calif it was repainted yukon yellow, with a brown canvas top and red interior, and the guy lived in san diego, then it sold to a guy in huntington beach he changed the interior to black and put a black top and a big motor in it and slammed the rear, To Low For Me
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:44:15 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rennsurfer

« Reply #416 on: March 11, 2008, 06:41:23 am »

Thanks for the clarification, Gary... your car was always my fave '67 Sedan. Loved it when it had BRMs. I agree, way too low for me. To each their own, but I'll never understand why cars are lowered in the rear.

~Sarge
DKK TOD
DKK

OLDER THAN DIRT!

« Reply #417 on: April 08, 2008, 02:09:41 am »

Picture comments...I don't think that's Steve's Ghia... the color is too yellow... Steve's was more brown also with dark brown 8 spokes. Yellow car? Maybe Itos??
I really liked how my airbrushed bra came out for my ghia  Roll Eyes But what did I know,it was th 80s??!!WHATS UP LOUNGERS!! Grin

Why is it when it rains kittys....I get hit on the head with a dog!!
Rennsurfer

« Reply #418 on: April 08, 2008, 07:45:52 am »

I really liked how my airbrushed bra came out for my ghia  Roll Eyes But what did I know,it was th 80s??!!WHATS UP LOUNGERS!! Grin

Whoa, whoa, whoa... stop. Back the car up. Tod, is that YOU? THE Tod Fuller? This is Mark/Fred (orange '66 Bug) from D.K.K. I ran into your old friend, Scott, at Bug-In and told him to tell you hello. You gotta get in on the DEEK reunion we're plannin' for next year.

Over.

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #419 on: April 08, 2008, 07:47:54 am »

Whoa, whoa, whoa... stop. Back the car up. Tod, is that YOU? THE Tod Fuller? This is Mark/Fred (orange '66 Bug) from D.K.K. I ran into your old friend, Scott, at Bug-In and told him to tell you hello. You gotta get in on the DEEK reunion we're plannin' for next year.

Over.

I think it was Bubba & Manny that we ran into, Mark!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: