The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:18:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Weber 48 IDA Issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Weber 48 IDA Issue  (Read 1760 times)
SlingShot

« on: November 25, 2009, 15:37:45 pm »

Hey guys, I'm working on a sand rail with a 2387 with 48 IDA's. & MSD setup The engine had a broken dual spring and a bent pushrod on #1 intake. It also appears there was some sort of fire at the the top of the carb, because the top of the emulsion tube looks like it was a few degrees away from molten metal, and the Air Filter is char broiled a bit. This carb was disgustingly dirty when it came to me. Someone used a handfull of moly grease in between the air filter and bases to prevent sand from entering, the grease had worked it's way into the carb orfices, plugging jets, accelerator circut etc. At the bottom of the float bowl I had to break a dam of corrosion blocking the passage to the main circit. It was a real mess! Shocked

So got the spring and pushrod replaced, carb cleaned up and back together, accelerator circut now works. Started the engine ran it for 60 sec, shut it off. Went to adjust the valves the next morning and there was some fuel in the valve cover?? Popped a plug out on #1, and plug is wet with fuel , chamber is full of fuel, crank over engine, it sprays fuel out of the plug hole, looking down the carb nothing is dripping or spraying Huh I lowered the float height, and re-installed the carb, fired it up definitely not firing, searched for intake leak to no avail. Pulled the plugs again, and still wet. I'm at the point of just swapping out this carb for another I believe it might have some clogged passages deeper in the carb.
So any tips on what I could be missing?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 17:35:25 pm by SlingShot » Logged

Will Race For Beer !!!
SlingShot

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 06:06:56 am »

So long story short... One Idle jet was plugged & threw in some new plugs and BAM... It runs.  Cool

Will Race For Beer !!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: