The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:13:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350777 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  fuel pressure regulator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fuel pressure regulator  (Read 5310 times)
goose

« on: May 29, 2012, 19:54:25 pm »

need your help folks

i need a low pressure fuel regulator with a return (bypass) back to the tank
everyone i have talked to so far can't supply one with the return

any help would be appreciated

Angus

2015 the year finally racing
richie

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 21:23:09 pm »

mallory do a good one,part number 4309 that I have used a few times

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
stretch

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 12:12:38 pm »

Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but, can someone suggest a decent quality 2 port reg (low pressure - for IDA's) that doesn't require a return to the tank please?

Cheers.
Erlend / bug66
Global Moderator

SCC Event

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 12:31:50 pm »

Holley?

The '67:
10.626 @ 132mph, SCC 2016
10.407 @ 134mph, SCC 2017
10.221 @ 135mph, SCC 2018

The '59:
Not yet..
stretch

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:39:35 pm »

Holley?

Got one of those, not too happy with it.
richie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 13:02:47 pm »

Holley?

Got one of those, not too happy with it.

Mallory 4207 would be good for that Stretch,and I have those ones in stock Wink

cheers richie

stretch

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 13:52:55 pm »

Richie, they only go to 4psi, won't that by-pass the inlet needle valves on IDA's?  (They are Jaycee 51.5mm with the glass balls replaced with standard brass inlet needle assembly).
richie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 14:18:11 pm »

Richie, they only go to 4psi, won't that by-pass the inlet needle valves on IDA's?  (They are Jaycee 51.5mm with the glass balls replaced with standard brass inlet needle assembly).

They should be ok,I have used them with the standard needle and seats on road cars and havent had any issues with them bleeding over,with the 3.0 glass ball I am not so sure
you can just see one behind the shroud on this ghia we built the engine for Wink

cheers richie

stretch

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 14:21:16 pm »

Thanks for that.

I might have to give you a shout after payday.   Wink
Tobi/DFL

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 14:27:41 pm »

Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but, can someone suggest a decent quality 2 port reg (low pressure - for IDA's) that doesn't require a return to the tank please?

Cheers.

Hi,

I use a Malpassi/Filter King pressure regulator with IDAs and didnīt have any problems with it so far.

Tobi
Shane Noone

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 14:32:33 pm »

Cheers.

Hi,

I use a Malpassi/Filter King pressure regulator with IDAs and didnīt have any problems with it so far.

Tobi

Hi Martin, I use same as Tobi here and have mine set to 3 psi on my 51 IDA's and seems ok, although I did have a troublesome gauge which I changed out. When JMR dyno'd mine think he used a Holley set up and tested at 2.9 - 3.0 psi.  Seems some people on here have suggested 3.5 - 4psi on IDA's.....
Tobi/DFL

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 14:56:18 pm »

Mine is set at 3 psi (according to the cheap gauge) as well.
stretch

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 16:07:29 pm »

Thanks guys.

Shane do you run jaycee style inlets on your carbs?  I nearly had a disaster on Sunday, the ally fuel block off in the side of the left hand carb had worked loose.  It was about 2 turns from falling out !!   Shocked  I smelled fuel & couldn't see any problems under the bonnet around the fuel tank, so started the engine & asked my wife to see if she could anything.  She started yelling for me to turn the engine off, fuel was spraying out of the left hand carb & pooling on the tinware.  So lucky it didn't ignite on the exhaust.  Needless to say i'll be checking those at regular intervals from now on.
Shane Noone

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 16:41:21 pm »

Thanks guys.

Shane do you run jaycee style inlets on your carbs?  I nearly had a disaster on Sunday, the ally fuel block off in the side of the left hand carb had worked loose.  It was about 2 turns from falling out !!   Shocked  I smelled fuel & couldn't see any problems under the bonnet around the fuel tank, so started the engine & asked my wife to see if she could anything.  She started yelling for me to turn the engine off, fuel was spraying out of the left hand carb & pooling on the tinware.  So lucky it didn't ignite on the exhaust.  Needless to say i'll be checking those at regular intervals from now on.

Martin, Jeez mate that was lucky !!  Shocked No, I don't have the Jaycee kit on mine - entry point is factory with some small neat alloy elbows. I mean't to say on Saturday if we at the track and you want to try a pass with my DOT's to see how much " instant" affect that has on your ET's let me know as no probs and you never know eh  Wink
stretch

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 18:39:18 pm »

Thanks for that Shane, Andy Joyner offered me the use of his dot's on Sunday, I stuck with my crappy van tyres & car went 13.2 @ 99mph.  That's a PB (in that car) for me mate so I was well happy.  I'm sure with a good track & better air than we had at the weekend there's a very high 12 in there somewhere.  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: