The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 23:56:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Calibre.65 (VWSP65) - street/strip build
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Calibre.65 (VWSP65) - street/strip build  (Read 39830 times)
Black_65

Life's too short, so drop a bomb on it....

« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2014, 18:45:41 pm »

So with the new gearbox mount fitted, i found that the frame horn support bars didn't line up to bolt together!, So i went back to the solid mount.

I also sold my 'gene berg shifter' and treated myself to a custom 'Bug-Tech' race shifter. Now if you dont have one then get one. Its a real nice bit of kit, and the throw is amazing Cheesy. here it is...

If you didn't know we had a horrible leak on both rear drum seals and killed my new fitted shoes lol. So i had them all cleaned and fitted new seals etc. And fingers crossed it don't happen AGAIN...!.

Made a right old mess :

More post updates to come Cheesy

'Never Forgotten' O/FF 456 10.49 @ 125.5 MPH

A tribute car to the fallen - raising money for 'support our paras' charity.
https://www.facebook.com/Calibre65RaceTeam/
Black_65

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2014, 18:46:22 pm »

Good new's everyone...!

Alan at GAC Motorsport had my engine back for a full check over and dyno to see why i was having all them issues i spoke about on the other posts.

Turn's out i haad some crap in the fuel bowl in one of the carb's, causing it to plug up the fuel circuit around the RPM range i was having the holding back on power.

It was making the motor only run on 3 cylinders...! :eek:

So with that sorted and a few tweaks the motor made more torque and power than the last set up on the dyno as seen below, I can say i'm very happy and top top work from GAC Motorsport

Not bad numbers for a 2165cc Cheesy

Also had Alan fit and mod a hex type linkage as my CSP bell crank one was fucking up the carbs on idle when the heads got warm and making one side open more lol. And Gary at GM Bodycraft made the throttle cable part to work the hex type as seen here,

Black_65

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2014, 18:47:42 pm »

More updates... lol (been a long winter).

Managed sorce a replacement fan shroud to fit the wider vw motor and its all trimed and at GM Bodycraft for paint. It going the same red as the roll cage to keep the theme with the car colours.

I also made the choice to go 'bigger' on the oil breather stuff, as it might help the motor a little and just a safety thing after the case was leaking lol. So now all oil hoses and joins are 19mm I.D and Gary at GM Bodycraft made me a new alloy breather tube with 25mm I.D filters,

Then i was bored one night driving home from wales and kept thinking how cool would it be to get some parts powder coated BLACK for the engine.... So i did and a place in MK was amazing to deal with. Fast & cheap and a great job. BPF paint finishers in MK.

Enjoy Cheesy

Black_65

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2014, 18:48:24 pm »

Nearly there lol...

So motor all bck together with the winter work done, all running 100% right and now getting 100% full throttle i think its going to do alot better on the track now Cheesy.

Looking smart i think,

Now i had some help from Judgie to tweak the linkge and balance the carbs and told me to go for a drive. Put my foot down and shit myself lol.
1st time ive goto drive the cr running full power, no issues and it fucking flys and hooked up really well with the stage 2 pressure plate fitted. its going to be a good year of racing and hoping to get into mid 12's now Cheesy

Clarke Cheesy

Black_65

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2014, 18:49:05 pm »

Here's a quick update,

Had a guy draw the beetle again on 'Instagram', check how cool it looks...

Also had a new team logo drawn up to better suit the name and i wasn't happy with the old one lol.

What do you think guy's?

We also as a team had new 'Calibre.65' crew and supporter tops made and im well happy with them Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: