The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:34:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350757 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  WTF is Big Larry McKenzie? Is he MIA?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTF is Big Larry McKenzie? Is he MIA?  (Read 3632 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: January 30, 2008, 22:23:24 pm »

haven't seen him around or heard from him. Maybe that stalker that was on here did him in?
Russell

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 00:32:09 am »

Jim

he was fine I spoke with him last week !

Best Regards

Russell
2manytoys

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 05:23:50 am »

Yup, he's doing fine from my guess when I saw him last.  He was running an old Mercedes in the 24hrs of Lemons, in Willows, California just less than a month ago. There car took peoples choice I think and they won $500.00,..in Nickles! That boy can drive in the rain real good.

Patrick Friel -..2manytoys, not enough time or money
Dave Galassi

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 15:21:15 pm »

Yup, he's doing fine from my guess when I saw him last.  He was running an old Mercedes in the 24hrs of Lemons, in Willows, California just less than a month ago. There car took peoples choice I think and they won $500.00,..in Nickles! That boy can drive in the rain real good.

That had some great coverage in Hot Rod, Patrick.  I had a friend on a team there and it is a great way for someone to go low buck racing and have a load-o-fun.  Glad to hear Larry was wringing one of those cars out........
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 17:40:34 pm by Dave Galassi » Logged
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 17:59:20 pm »

Ya that 24 Hours of Lemons looks like a hoot!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Jim Ratto

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 18:16:13 pm »

thanks guys, yeah I called him yesterday... we just haven't BS'd since Drag Day... sounds like he's bringing the Good Enough car to Bug In.

Larry we miss you.

leave the latex girls alone and come hang out
larry mck

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:01:06 am »

Thanks guys for the concern. I have been real busy with work and family. Yes I had a blast at the 24 hours of lemons, we had drove a 65 Mercedes Benz 190 that was probably the slowest,oldest and tallest vehicle out there, except when I got it in the rain and  kicked butt on a few guys. We still finished 32nd out of 71 cars. I also helped my 17 year old daughter go through a driving school in my spec Miata, she did very well. I also have been getting my black 67 fine tuned for the upcoming event season. I want to bring out Good-E-Nuff to the Bug In along with Freddy Payne's Super Bee, now under going restoration by the new owner Ray Schubert. I think they would play better to the crowd running side by side. I'm always lurking on this site I just don't always post. It always amazes me who is on this site, all the who's who's of VWs, I just love reading all the stuff and looking at the pictures. I loved Sarge's old and new photos of the hang outs.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 18:07:59 pm »

Great to have you back Larry!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Russell

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 18:15:30 pm »

Larry

Got the 65 today, delighted great base car for the dog, will call you. cheers

Russell

Best Regards