The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 17:18:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350730 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cal Look Drag Day and DKR Birthday, shaping up to be a great weekend!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cal Look Drag Day and DKR Birthday, shaping up to be a great weekend!  (Read 7478 times)
DRAG-DAY

« on: October 02, 2013, 12:51:42 pm »

Only a bit over a week to go now, and it's looking like some great cars will be showing up.

Some of the highlights for us will be seeing Russell Richie bringing down Underdog 1 for his first taste of a Cal Look Drag Day, Adam will be attending with the newly 'Aircooled Performance Shop' revamped ex-John Maher Racing Tube Frame car - hasn't raced in 15 years and I am really excited about seeing this one on the track again, Daz Chandler is down in his old Grey Bug with much talk of a heads up showdown with Danny Pike. Nick was hoping to have All Torque along now it's back to aircooled power so that will be one towatch too, Dave Dinning will be there having got his car back together, and All the folks from the SAS Renn Wagens, and the DKR guys will be there, as well as the usual folks from the VWDRC and a few Outlaws too and plenty more besides. Keep an eye out for a couple of newly built cars too, it should be a blast! There'll be the usual Racers breakfast at the Drag Day marquee on Saturday morning so if you are running your car up the strip drop by for a coffee and a bit of food.

See you there! And for those who can't make it we'll get some photo's up once the dust has settled.

allmenplayon10

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 18:44:26 pm »

Weather forecast for the weekend is shaping up to be very good  Cool

All men play on 10
Never gonna turn down again

1961 Type1 Cal
autohausdolby

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 19:47:46 pm »

We're hoping to bring the '67 down even though the race motor isn't done yet. What do we need to do/bring and are there entry fees etc?
allmenplayon10

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 21:48:22 pm »

the Cal Look Drag Day is on Sat 12th October at Shakespeare Raceway. The gates open on Friday at 6pm, and there will be racing from Saturday morning. On the Sunday there will be the gambler racing so stick around!
Weekend entry is £22 on the gate, day entry is £12 on the gate.
RWYB Cost is £25 for a day or £40 for the weekend, a helmet is required and your car will be subject to scrutineering - don't be put off by this it is for your own safety and that of everyone at the track. The scrutineers are approachable and very friendly and offer advice where needed

All men play on 10

1961 Type1 Cal
dannyboy

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 19:40:04 pm »

with regards to the scrutineering if you have a cage make sure you bring some padding for the bit above your head and make sure your battery is fixed well and your good to go   Cheesy

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
richie

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 07:43:04 am »

with regards to the scrutineering if you have a cage make sure you bring some padding for the bit above your head and make sure your battery is fixed well and your good to go   Cheesy

I will be there helping Russell and will bring extra roll cage padding in case anyone has that problem at tech, I will also have some spares in the van that might to be needed/break as well in case anyone needs something, if anyone wants any parts delivered there to save on postage let us know by thursday

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
leec

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 10:32:16 am »

Looking forward to this. Don't suppose you have a spare close ratio swing axle gearbox do you Richie? Grin

Lee
richie

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 11:12:04 am »

Looking forward to this. Don't suppose you have a spare close ratio swing axle gearbox do you Richie? Grin

Lee

Yep with short race axles and tubes, new on the shelf

cheers Richie

dannyboy

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 11:37:08 am »

I will be there helping Russell and will bring extra roll cage padding in case anyone has that problem at tech, I will also have some spares in the van that might to be needed/break as well in case anyone needs something, if anyone wants any parts delivered there to save on postage let us know by thursday

cheers Richie

good plan as i have cut mine down the the bare min to get a few through scrutineering last time lol  Cheesy

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Russell

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 23:13:15 pm »

Yes looking forward to it also.

Decided to take the Underdog 1 in respect of the recently passed Doug Gordon may he RIP, I'm hoping to have some of the "who let the dog tee shirts" with me, as modelled by Mr Fleming, would love to get a picture with about 20 or as many people as I can get with the orange shirt on, so I can pass the picture on to John and Ron.

Best Regards

Russell
leec

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 08:40:10 am »

Nice idea Russell.
Put me down for a t shirt. Large please Grin
allmenplayon10

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 11:19:57 am »

Xl please  Smiley

The great thing about racing at Shakey is the fire up lane positioned next to the strip so whilst participating you don't have to miss the action, and with cars like the ex-maher tube frame car, Betelgeuse, Underdog 1, No Compromise, All torque and many other cool cars aiming to attend it means we all get best of both worlds Cool
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 18:07:28 pm by allmenplayon10 » Logged

All men play on 10

1961 Type1 Cal
autohausdolby

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 21:50:07 pm »

Does anybody know what time the gates shut on Friday night? I'm at work putting an engine together at the moment in the best traditions of being prepared well in advance Cheesy
Russell

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 00:33:06 am »

Are there any Belgium's coming over for this ?

Best Regards

Russell
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 16:26:48 pm »

Are there any Belgium's coming over for this ?

Not to my knowledge Russell.

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 16:29:02 pm »

Does anybody know what time the gates shut on Friday night? I'm at work putting an engine together at the moment in the best traditions of being prepared well in advance Cheesy

Will get back to you.

whirligig

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 19:13:17 pm »

save me a pit space ,will be there early sat morning .got my extra warm coat!!!!!

old school racer-getting older-now crew chief
Russell

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 10:03:25 am »

All

What a great day we had yesterday, after the rain had cleared, track was great after some hard work by the crew, well done to all at Cal Look drag Day, will see you again.

5 runs, 3 at 12.5s and 2 other not so good ones, but still fun

And Happy Birthday to DKR, your cake looked fantastic.

Hope the weather breaks for you all today

Thank you.

Best Regards

Russell
richie

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 13:48:14 pm »

You can still see all yesterdays action from the webcam here

http://www.justin.tv/shakeytv/b/469521801

DaveN

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 15:18:27 pm »

it rained all day today, the track didn't even open.
Udo

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 15:35:24 pm »

Did you have a second day ?? Thought it was only a one day event

Udo

richie

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 17:12:16 pm »

Did you have a second day ?? Thought it was only a one day event

Udo

Hi Udo

It was an open test n tune day alongside a bracket gambler race on the sunday, a few stayed to se if the weather would be good enough

cheers Richie

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 17:53:09 pm »

What a great weekend, huge thanks to everyone who kept the faith despite the weather forecasters! Can't wait for next year, although richie and i are hoping to get the date sometime in June for 2014 as folks have suggested this would be better for everyone. Udo although its a drag day we always have it over a weekend and most folks stay on and race for the who two days. Would love to see you there in 2014! Great to see the Underdog there Russell, we hope you come back for more next year.
 Thanks again to everyone that contributed to a fantastic weekend.

Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 18:47:00 pm »

Totally pissxd off I didn't make it, put my back out putting the trailer on the van on Friday night. Roll Eyes

Sounds like you guys had fun, any photos ??

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
whirligig

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 19:19:02 pm »

turned up early on sat to catch the action,shame the driver couldant make it till 4.30 so we just put whirligig back on the trailer and back home for 1ish.BUT what a cracking day it was on sat,nice to meet some peeps as well and look around some great cars.cant wait till next drag day(with a finish car!!!)nice one chaps.

old school racer-getting older-now crew chief
allmenplayon10

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 20:48:41 pm »

Fantastic weekend for our club, First and foremost because of the laughs we had

We also got some new pb's worthy of mention so well done to;
Lee for getting the Ghia in the 13's
Rich Stinkhound - he keeps finding more in it
Mark Palmer in the 12's still shaking it down

The club as a whole had a great showing of cars members and friends  Shocked

The whole vibe in the pits was awesome food and beer was shared a real sense of racer camaraderie. Cal look Drag Day is UNIQUE
Lots of pictures here
https://m.facebook.com/renn.wagens

All men play on 10

1961 Type1 Cal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: