Cal-look Ghias

(1/26) > >>

Grelland:
Hello, out there.

I am working on my '62 Ghia project and haved looked at numerous Ghias on the web, and at shows, in order to find inspiration to the car. Cars like Mike Lowless' coupe are among the ones I have admired the most.

What I am wondering, is whether there are any "rules" when it comes to the cal-look style on Ghias?

I read with interest the cal-look community's affection to IDA's, no bumpers, choice of wheels, stance etc, but do most of these "rules" apply also to the Ghia?

My plans for the car is as follows.

6x15 detailed Fuchs all around
NOT 135s at the front.... (I want to be able to steer and brake also...)
narrowed beam and dropped spindles, however not lowered to the extreme at the front
near stock height at the rear
Pearl white paint
All chrome intact
1835cc, groiwng to a 2276 in the near future
NO IDA's :-)
Stock interior, minus the seats, where I will use some recaro's from the late 70's

Not that my target is to categorize my ride, but I would be interested in your guys' feedback regarding the "cal-lookability" of the Ghia in general, and the direction I am heading, in particular.

jick:
i cant wait to see someone build a proper full on cal-look ghia.......

dechromed, nose down, welded up nostrils,color coded headlight rims, T-bars, hot motor, india red or chrome yellow....or another of  those traditional cal look colors.....

real empi 8 spokes or fuchs alloys

the two red ghias in Volksworld issue 1 are still the coolest proper cal-look ghia's i've seen.

lowfastbus:
Jick, like those ideas alot, the plan was to finish mine for the EBI but it will have to wait just a little bit longer...
Keep an eye open on the project lounge this summer  ;)

jick:
sound cool dude....i'll look forward to seeing yours. ;)

SOB/RFH:
Get you kicks from Mike Mabes Street is Neat Karman Ghia....built in the early 80's and the cover of Hot VW's California Look special issue......eleven oooohs with a small motor!!!! 8) 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page