The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 16:47:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350740 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  WTB 2.0 Liter wheel lugs and caps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTB 2.0 Liter wheel lugs and caps  (Read 3088 times)
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« on: June 22, 2009, 02:48:42 am »

Looking for a full set of 2.0 liter wheel lug bolts and center caps.

Thanks!

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Bryan67

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:31:13 am »

There was NICE pair of original caps on The Samba last week. Otherwise I think ISP makes some nice repros.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Worm
DKK

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 14:49:18 pm »

Saw those, they are sold already. Too late and there was only two.  Thx.  Whats the actual www address for ISP?  Can I use the lugs I am running on the 8 spokes?  Or will I be needing different length lugs for the 2.0's?

Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 16:49:06 pm »

Saw those, they are sold already. Too late and there was only two.  Thx.  Whats the actual www address for ISP?  Can I use the lugs I am running on the 8 spokes?  Or will I be needing different length lugs for the 2.0's?
Hi Worm if you have Discs you can use the 914 2.0 Lugs if you have Drum Brakes you have to use the 914 Steel wheel lugs or stud your drums  the 2.0 lugs are two long  on the rear they hit the brake shoe springs the long ones will work with discs you other problem is if you are putting them on your vert  the rear cap wont fit they hit the axle nut if you Remember my 69 Ghia I had 2.0 wheels on it with the factory caps but I had to Stud the rear drums and run a 1/2 wheel spacer to fit them the good part is the 2.0 wheel dont have much offset so the fit under the fenders even with the spacers
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 16:51:55 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
glenn

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 14:43:57 pm »

You can still get them from Porsche... last time I looked.

$$$$$$$

Glenn
74 Beetle Specs | 74 Beetle Restoration | 2180cc Engine
"You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

Restored Bosch Cast Iron Distributors

www.DasVolks.com
Long Island's Aircooled Club
Worm
DKK

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 16:16:28 pm »

Hi Worm if you have Discs you can use the 914 2.0 Lugs if you have Drum Brakes you have to use the 914 Steel wheel lugs or stud your drums  the 2.0 lugs are two long  on the rear they hit the brake shoe springs the long ones will work with discs you other problem is if you are putting them on your vert  the rear cap wont fit they hit the axle nut if you Remember my 69 Ghia I had 2.0 wheels on it with the factory caps but I had to Stud the rear drums and run a 1/2 wheel spacer to fit them the good part is the 2.0 wheel dont have much offset so the fit under the fenders even with the spacers

Thanks Gary.  Wow, thats a lot of trouble.   I do have disc's up front.  No issue there.  Guess I pick up 8 2.0 lug nuts for up front. Or I stud the disc's and run the alloy nuts eh?   Now...... the rear.  I get that the lugs are too long for the drums (did not know that).  So, I can find the steel "X" 914 wheel lugs and they will work?  Cool.  I suppose I could find them somewhere.  And NOW.... where do I find a spacer?  I have not done any of the this sh*t in so long.  I do appreciate your help.  What if I just studded the drums and disc's?  Problem solved?  Other than the cap hitting the axle nut?  I stud and install a spacer, Im done.... right?  Wow.  Where do I buy a spacer?  Studs?  Lug nuts help  Shit
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 16:18:35 pm by Worm » Logged

Worm
DKK

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 03:00:14 am »

Found the "right" lugs and I'm told no need for a spacer (can be had at CB Perf).  We'll see.  The wheels are at the polisher and will be ready with caps by friday.

Hopefully I bolt and go.  There is some tricky shit out there now, compared to the "old" days.

Amazing.

PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 07:26:22 am »

Worm... didn't Randy call for you on the caps today at ISP? we have it all... correct repro steel 914 lugs, alloy caps and spacers... let me know what you need...

Anthony / ISP WEST
Worm
DKK

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 16:57:45 pm »

Hey Anthony,
Yeah Randy got me/you all hooked up on the caps.  Randy says he will have them in his hands on friday and I will pop in at his house on my way to the polisher's.  That way on friday I will have caps (Randy) and polished wheels.  Thanks for your help!!!!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: