The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 19:03:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350700 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  unfamous /unknow gasser gallery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: unfamous /unknow gasser gallery  (Read 31837 times)
Ian M

« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2012, 06:34:57 am »

white lightning , yes that car still exist today Under the dress / name of flakey jake  Shocked

I realize this thread has hasn't been posted to for a while,but this is the first time I've read it.

The White Lightning on the bottom is a different car than the other White Lightning/now Flakey Jake car. It's an oval window,unlike the other. It also apparently has history dating back to the 70's,and was camaigned in the super pro class on  the east coast until the early '90s (that is likely where that pic came from).  Ran hard for a small motor. We talked to the owner a couple years ago. It's still around,and looks the same,albeit in storage for several years. The owner from Pennsylvania has been out of the scene while racing V8 cars.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:42:47 am by Ian M » Logged
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2012, 12:34:21 pm »

I learnt it not so long ago .....here's another picture of the white lightning ,

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

the other white lightning was driven & owned by bruce lowry member of the california volksmaster

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Ian M

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2012, 16:53:52 pm »

That's really cool! That was/is one of my favorite east coast cars,neat to see a period picture of it.
peejke

Keep it simple...

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2012, 19:03:43 pm »

This all polyester body was at the Small car connection yard in the summer of 2011. Anyone who knows more about its history??

way to much old shit at home, ...
'57 single cab, 1776 powered
'71 baywindow westy , 1835 powered
'54 oval ragtop , texas brown , stock as hell
flandria sport moped collection, other old mopeds, BSA A65 cafe racer, yamaha SR500 dirt tracker
bugnut68

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2012, 20:03:59 pm »

Moonshadow wasn't exactly an "unknown" car... maybe from the gasser days, but it was pretty well recognized in the '90s when Jay Schumacher ran it in Pro Turbo... later purchased and raced by Ken Cervone, I believe, who also had the Dragonslayer Pro Turbo.
Neil Davies

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 20:56:01 pm »

[attachment]
This all polyester body was at the Small car connection yard in the summer of 2011. Anyone who knows more about its history??

That's the Quaterflash body I believe. Got a feeling Marc Beuler had something to do with it. Fabs will tell us more!

Edit: found more here - http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,19580.msg276078.html#msg276078
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 23:52:07 pm by Neil Davies » Logged

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Catbox

Slave to internal combustion.

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 21:42:29 pm »

Thanks to Mr. Speedwell I can contribute a fraction of information to this thread.

One of my friends owns the Lil Red car from the first page.
It now lives in Vancouver Washington and is run by Matney Racing.

It does look like the SNG car though....
But it also looks similar to the chopped version of Lil Red.

I am awaiting my friends response at this time as he will no doubt have more information to add.

I took these photos at my car clubs show the Woodburn Bugrun this past June...

It is currently powered by an 1835 with turbo and runs in the low 11's.

This photo is from a different Vw show that is held in August called the Rose City Bug in.

Thanks to Speedwell for having such a complete set of photos for all occasions.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 21:47:10 pm by catbox » Logged
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 23:05:41 pm »

peter i've talked with travis , and he said that the car was the SNG before ....here're the words from travis : It was SNG at the time. I was told that it was an NHRA igas or mgas record holder until they contested the windshield chop. I was also told it was the fastest thing in Alaska years ago and have pics from it running in Alaska which is where I think it took on the Lil Red name. As for the car now, its a time capsule. The car physically hasn't changed other than I had to put an updated fuel cell and seat belts in it.
here's the SNG (in the background running against the lil red

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Catbox

Slave to internal combustion.

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2012, 23:54:09 pm »

I am glad that you contacted me on Facebook and we were able to do some digging to shed some more light on this car.

Peter aka Catbox
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: