The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:17:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350737 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Hey Keith...Was checking out your car on ULTRA VW...Nice!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey Keith...Was checking out your car on ULTRA VW...Nice!  (Read 2310 times)
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« on: November 03, 2008, 08:56:56 am »

Keith,

Funny how we continue to go through cars...There are never enough cars or variations that we get tired of in this hobby.  Your 65 is very nice.  Are the wheels ERCO's.  I've had friends pushing me to put ERCOs on my chop instead of alloys.

Your car looks great!  Reminds me of the old Modified Compact look.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:09:32 am »

Hi Rick - thanks for that! Yes the (race) wheels are Ercos, which were on the car when I bought it, but I have now fitted a set of JGE Torker (American Racing replicas) for a different look on the street. Whether the car will ever go down the track remains to be seen! I want it as a hot street driver mor than anything else.

Oh, and Ercos would look cool on your chop, without a doubt! Either that or satin-finish CenterLines...  Wink

Say Hi to all the family for me – loooooong time no see!

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
rick m

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:15:40 am »

The JGE Torker's will look great on the car. Yeah...I think the ERCOs or Centerlines would give the car the I/Gas look.  I have a set of alloys but strapping on ERCOs would mean no front and rear changes of drums, etc.  I don't know about you but I don't seem to get as quickly motivated for the big changes like I used to.

Stay in touch.  Anne and I are going to need to get over and visit again. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in England & Germany when we last visited. It has been too long.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:28:21 am »

I don't know about you but I don't seem to get as quickly motivated for the big changes like I used to.
Ha ha!  Cheesy
I know that feeling very well! I've had my car for over a year now and it's still not been on the street apart from a very brief test drive (half a mile at most!), which showed up a problem with the five-speed I installed. Suddenly it's winter, and the thought of lying in a freezing cold workshop, pulling an engine and trans, offers no inspiration at all. Maybe I need to relocate. I hear AZ is still pretty warm in winter....   Wink

Sarge

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 14:37:11 pm »

Maybe I need to relocate....

What the hell's the hold-up Huh...get over here!!! Grin

DKP III
rick m

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 14:45:45 pm »

Hey...for us the winter months are perfect.  65-70 degrees and tee shirt weather.  Our summers are the killer. The thought of going out and laying on the ground in 110 degree heat is not appealing.  Still, we get so litte rain, snow, sleet or hail, that it is pretty much a year round car climate here.  Plus, none of that high humidity and dreaded rust.

Stay in touch.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 01:58:18 am »

Rick, you missed a great Karl's show yesterday! I didn't check the weather report, but it sure felt like high 80's Cool

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 04:53:36 am »

Rick, you missed a great Karl's show yesterday! I didn't check the weather report, but it sure felt like high 80's Cool
Quit rubbing it in, OK? Angry Kiss

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: