The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:36:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350709 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A trip down memory lane.........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A trip down memory lane.........  (Read 3921 times)
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« on: December 27, 2006, 22:38:50 pm »

....I went to the town I lived in from year 1991 to 2001......A lot of memories stumbles thrue the head and then in the end I got to the back side of the big mamut shopping mall......They have ruined it!!! It was my own "Nabisco plant" way back then and now it is a crowded street so narrow you can hardly meet........So way back then this wide stretch was the place to try out chassie mods, no one was there after 8 pm....just me and my car....During day time it saw a lot of heavy traffic and allways clean swept it provided the gearhead (I was?) with traction like no other place in that town.........So i remembers once taking my brother for a ride. My brother was in to skiing and wind surfing.....allways picking on me that he had the tough sport and I was in to the silly world of motorsport (why even call it a sport?).......So we went cruising around town in my high 11 second gutted race wagon.....I made sure to short shift and then at the end of the calm silly tour we get to the stretch of road I loved..........I stopped the car....made a short burn-out and braked hard...brought the rpms up and dumped the clutch.....you know the feeling when the race seat surface meet your body and forces it forward....and you see the nut speed shifting like there is no tomorrow when you sit in the passanger seat.........I knew what my brother felt and enjoyed it while we got up on the rear wheels just tip toeing the asphalt with fronts and the rears squeeking for tracktion.........when I got to fourth gear my brother was all white in his face and holds on for his life with wide open eyes..........I calm down, let the car go down in speed and we got back to my place with not a word being excahnged........a while later my brother turns to me and says: "This brought a whole new dimension to the meaning of adrenaline kick"........I thought to my self: Yeesssss I did it!!!! Smiley
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 23:14:54 pm »

Great Story!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 13:28:14 pm »

Good one SOB!!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 13:31:22 pm »

swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt  Grin

by the way, what kind of engine were you running back then or still?  Roll Eyes
sounds like it has treated you with some nice stories to pass on!  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 15:10:57 pm »

Thanks for the kind words!! Yeah that engine has been with me in diffrent forms since 1990.......At that time I used N2O and car was a lot lighter but not comfortable!!! Now it is all NA and comfortable!!! It shows how your attitude change when you get older!!!
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 17:35:21 pm »

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Eddie DVK

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 17:43:38 pm »

Is your car still running the typ 4 engine.
In 2001 wen I was rebuilding my car I wanted a orginal vw bleu color, then I saw your car and thought damn that s the color I want,
so now my 73 car (looks like a 68-72 model) has the fjord blue color...
It also was one of the first cal look car I saw with a upright typ 4 engine...
I like your car a lot.

Kind regards edgar

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 22:24:23 pm »

Hi Eddie

Glad you like the car and thanks for the kind words. I have had the car for 10 years now and it has been a lot of fun. Before the blue car I had a grey car, a nice 66 but gutted and more of a race car and before that a 73 type 3 fastback. All of them had type 4 engines in them. We started to use the type 4 becouse that was what they did in the street racing over here...not the use of VW engines but big, really big engines and lot's of nitrous......so we did the same.......After a few hard core years of street- and drag racing I ended up just driving my car on the street. Then I got kids and responsibilitys so I set up my combo for grocery getting......the rest is history!! Cool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: