The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:00:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350765 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Question for the engine builders or anybody else in the know /Case Savers ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question for the engine builders or anybody else in the know /Case Savers ?  (Read 2295 times)
71CALRIPPER

« on: January 15, 2008, 12:59:10 pm »

Got a mate whos doing an Oxyboxer for the hell of it Smiley He has taken the case to a local engineering shop to have the jackets taken of, which is fine..but they have said they wont use is Case Savers he has supplied and they want to use copper ones ?

Does this make sense i thought copper was a weaker metal ?

Any thoughts would be good for our feedbake..

cheers
Rob
Tony M

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 21:25:06 pm »

never seen copper case savers - too weak - steel all the way... install many a case saver myself in the past 30 years.  they will only pull out of a weak case - any good case - like the wb case - they will not pull out.

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 00:45:39 am »

Cheers dude confirmed my thoughts.

Rob
cameron shorey

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:01:54 am »

Got a mate whos doing an Oxyboxer for the hell of it Smiley He has taken the case to a local engineering shop to have the jackets taken of, which is fine..but they have said they wont use is Case Savers he has supplied and they want to use copper ones ?

cheers
Rob

You sure they're not refering to "copper plated"? Although it doesn't matter. They still have to be steel.

Horsepower, reliability, cheap... pick two.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: