The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 15:36:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350776 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  SCC 2009 !!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: SCC 2009 !!!  (Read 167931 times)
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2009, 17:54:48 pm »

"When does the fjords close?"

I didn't think they were going to have to, since the company declined the "bail out" money, and didn't have to declare bankruptcy... Wink

--Eric

JS

« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2009, 22:15:36 pm »

* STOP THE PRESS *

Check out http://www.sccevent.com/ !!

Welcome BBT and FLAT-4!!!

Signature.
richie

« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2009, 22:33:30 pm »

Well the Fiat[The Sting] is all backtogether with  couple of changes and running again,looking forward to seeing it run at Gardermoen[without the sissy sticks which will stay in the garage],it sure is going to be a shock for a car from texas Shocked Cheesy

Bringing Dave Rhoads with us again,see you all in 4 weeks time Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2009, 15:59:48 pm »

Great news Richie!!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2009, 13:25:57 pm »

Booked my air travel last night - whoohoo! Will be arriving in Oslo on the afternoon of Monday Aug 10th, and heading home early the following Monday. I hope to catch up with one of the crews heading to SCC from the west (Stavanger or ??) as well as checking out some of the cool sights and people in Norway prior to the big event.

See you all soon...
--Eric
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 13:30:51 pm by Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW) » Logged

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2009, 13:54:06 pm »

Well the Fiat[The Sting] is all backtogether with  couple of changes and running again,looking forward to seeing it run at Gardermoen[without the sissy sticks which will stay in the garage],it sure is going to be a shock for a car from texas Shocked Cheesy

cheers richie,uk

Glad to hear dave is comin again - see you in 4 weeks guys  Grin P.S give us a bell when your free  Wink

You either "Get It" or you don't......
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2009, 20:49:44 pm »

cheers richie,uk

Glad to hear dave is comin again - see you in 4 weeks guys  Grin P.S give us a bell when your free  Wink

Are you doing it again with the buggy?
JS

« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2009, 21:37:15 pm »

Sure he is. He promised...  Grin

In other news another well known Norwegian build is shown at SCC for the first time, and a very special one at that!  Shocked

http://www.sccevent.com/

Signature.
Lee.C

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2009, 15:13:41 pm »

cheers richie,uk

Hope fully dude but it all come down to money

Jesus

« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2009, 19:52:58 pm »

lee if your not taking the buggy and want a seat i have a few spare Wink

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2009, 21:10:12 pm »

cheers richie,uk

Hope fully dude but it all come down to money

It's the same thing everywhere buddy. Undecided
But, some non-vw friends are really enthusiast to do a Scandinavian trip. I will try to arrange something to go to the SCC.
My mother just spot a cheap T3/t25 westfalia joker in very good shape.
If I can buy it, It will be a blast to combine the trip to the SCC with a friend's road trip along Norway  Grin

Lee.C

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2009, 10:57:52 am »

lee if your not taking the buggy and want a seat i have a few spare Wink

Cheers dude - There are a few spare seats going around I think, I will let you know BUT I am determined to do it in the manx again especially with the new set up as it won't cost me nearly as much in fuel this time AND its a little quieter  Wink Smiley I will keep you all informed

Lee.C

« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2009, 15:38:22 pm »

Well guys I have been thinking long and hard about this BUT I am not gonna make it this year  Sad Cry  :'(Basiclly it all come down to money - I really really cant afford it even if do tag along with someone else - Sorry guys

There is also the fact that I am still having a few issues with the new set up which I am not going to go into now but lets just say I made a couple of mistakes and it cost me BUT hopefully everything is ok now and I am planning to get it finished and ready to race (and win in the Show'n'shine Wink) at the UK drag day at VW Action in September.

So sorry guys Monkiboy won't be making it this year but don't worry I'll be back in 2011 FOR SURE!  Smiley

Todi

« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2009, 19:04:39 pm »

Is it something wrong with the scc home page or is it just my computer... I´m trying to pre-book a pit area at the race site but I can´t get any confirmation.
JS

« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2009, 19:10:56 pm »

Todi, the asphalt/concrete pit areas was completely booked over a month ago. Please mail Berger at oyvind.berger@bergers.no , he will let you know about an alternative pit area.

Signature.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2009, 19:47:17 pm »

Is it something wrong with the scc home page or is it just my computer... I´m trying to pre-book a pit area at the race site but I can´t get any confirmation.

The SCC shop&tickets uses a paypal shoping cart. There seems to be a problem with the paypal site at the moment, so please try again later Smiley

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Todi

« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2009, 20:02:31 pm »

The SCC shop&tickets uses a paypal shoping cart. There seems to be a problem with the paypal site at the moment, so please try again later Smiley

Ok. I will try again later! Were is the gravel pit area then. I can not see it on the map... Is it half way to Oslo  Undecided I think it can´t be so good to drive with hot slicks after a race on the gravel...
JS

« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2009, 20:42:31 pm »

To put things in perspective: During the European Drag Racing Championship rounds on Gardermoen there are about 230 teams racing. Only top fuel and some funny car teams are on asphalt/concrete. The other 200 teams are on either grass or gravel.

PS. The gravel pit areas are only a few meters from the other pits.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 20:44:13 pm by JS » Logged

Signature.
Lee.C

« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2009, 20:53:58 pm »

Well guys I have been thinking long and hard about this BUT I am not gonna make it this year  Sad Cry  :'(Basiclly it all come down to money - I really really cant afford it even if do tag along with someone else - Sorry guys

There is also the fact that I am still having a few issues with the new set up which I am not going to go into now but lets just say I made a couple of mistakes and it cost me BUT hopefully everything is ok now and I am planning to get it finished and ready to race (and win in the Show'n'shine Wink) at the UK drag day at VW Action in September.

So sorry guys Monkiboy won't be making it this year but don't worry I'll be back in 2011 FOR SURE!  Smiley

No one talking to me now I'm not comin huh Cry Wink Smiley

Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2009, 20:57:57 pm »

Lee, we are just holding our breath and waiting for you to change your mind.. Wink

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
JS

« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2009, 21:01:39 pm »

Errrhm, I thought he was just kidding?    Shocked Wink

Signature.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2009, 21:05:10 pm »

This is all a joke!
You didn`t think we could see the small signs?  Cheesy Tongue

-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Lee.C

« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2009, 21:32:12 pm »

Yeah yeah I see it dude  Wink No I am affraid its true I REALLY REALLY can't afford it, As a few of my closer friend will know I really streached myself getting to EBI and if I had have had my sencible head on I would n't have gone but hey it was the last one for a while so I had to go even if I am still paying for it now  Wink Smiley

I will be there for 2011 FOR SURE and I'll be bringing along a couple of friends  Wink Smiley

edit: I ment 2010 Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 22:40:47 pm by monkiboy » Logged

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2009, 22:00:35 pm »

This sucks Lee...  but why wait until 2011? How about saving  up for NEXT year.... Wink
Or... jump on a Ryanair flight and I will pick you up on the airport ;-)

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Lee.C

« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2009, 22:40:05 pm »

This sucks Lee...  but why wait until 2011? How about saving  up for NEXT year.... Wink
Or... jump on a Ryanair flight and I will pick you up on the airport ;-)

Sorry that what I ment buddy 2010 FOR SURE  Wink Wink

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2009, 22:44:19 pm »

lee if you went with someone how much do you think it going to cost you.

Hahaha your killing me.........
Lee.C

« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2009, 22:53:35 pm »

lee if you went with someone how much do you think it going to cost you.

I don't really know but TRUST ME dude I really can't afford it, I owe money all over the place inc Mr Webb and I have to do the senceible thing and stay at home I'm affraid - If anything changes before the 9th I'll let you know  Smiley

nicolas

« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2009, 09:01:26 am »

ah damn, sorry to hear you are not coming, i just managed to get a few days off work around SCC just to make it. if i can get back on sunday or monday i am going. so who has a seat for me? DAS people who are going?
i am looking at airplane tickets as well, but then i'll need a ride to the airport...

i know it is all late, but i'll get there!
EspenX

« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2009, 21:40:05 pm »

Lee, going to the SCC is not about having enough money, it's about having enough VW friends Smiley As long as you have a little bit of pocket money for the ferries and a bite to eat, here's what you can do : Jesus/Alex kindly wrote in the UK to SCC thread:

I have a spare seat going FREE in my van to go to and from SCC, if anyone is interested get in touch Smiley

I just talked to him on the phone, he might still have a spare seat. If he does, I will sponsor you all the beer you can drink during the SCC Smiley

You are also welcome to stay in the Slacker's Garage camp in the pit area during the SCC (That is the bus area where Jesus/Alex and Chris/Maddog will be staying aswell). I can provide a tent and an air mattress (you got to pump it up yourself Smiley). Or I might even have a spare bed/bus for you (in my 1969 fire bus).

All you need is some money for some of those tasty SCC burgers during the weekend Smiley

You made a spectacular trip last year and have earned some SCC points Smiley Last year's SCC was the best VW event I have ever been to and I have been looking forward to the SCC09 every day since then. If you too want to be at SCC09, let us show you some Norwegian hospitality Smiley
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2009, 21:51:19 pm »

See Lee what you going to do now i need to have a chat with someone first. But if they do not want to come you can come with me.

So come on Lee stop Pissing about. Grin

Hahaha your killing me.........
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: