The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 08:24:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350739 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  Type 3 Squareback 1973 for sale!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Type 3 Squareback 1973 for sale!  (Read 1114 times)
Robert K

« on: February 06, 2009, 15:10:11 pm »

I have now decided to put my 1973 Squareback up for sale. It is a nice white car with very good dark red interior. Perfect headliner, nice floormats and good seats except for the drivers seat, which has some holes in the cloth. Rear seat folds down nicely for additional stowing space. Good rubber mat in the rear. The car is extremely "squeaky-free" (I mean quiet during driving) and fully functional. 1600 injected LE-motor running strong as an ox. Pulls VERY well on all RPMs and does over 100 kp/h in third gear. Easily started, even in cold weather. Good gearbox, shifts like a charm. Comes with clear indicator lenses (blinkers) and red taillights for the best look. Car is lowered 2 notches on the inner splines up front and untouched at the rear. Drives really well and comfortable with this setup. Wheels are 4.5 + 5.5 from the "BIG"-beetle (also called "GT-wheels" I think) in black and silver with red rim stripes.
Tyres are Michelin XZX 145s and Budget 185/65x15 respectively. Good heating when needed. Has Eberspächer installed, works when you pull the switch but no heat comes out from it. Probably an easy fix.

Very litte rust from the windshield and back! Good doors, floorpan, rear wings and wheel wells, rear hatch and valance. Front beam is good, so is the rear axle.

RUST on front wings, inner wheel wells, hood, and front. Brakes passed TÜV-inspection a year ago but should need overhauling in the future. This model has beefy 4-pot calipers up front, same as Porsche 914 directly from the factory. Bumpers are fair in condition, have got some "acne". The front one has the pretty rare thick rubber insert for added protection against hitting stuff when parking...

That's about all I can think of at the moment. I am asking 2100 EUR as is. I also have a full length type 3 roof rack with new teak wooden slats for an additional 200 EUR. Very rare! I have very good original heat exchangers (like new, hard to find) and a NOS exhaust system with the correct tailpipe for 250 EUR. Also, parts for a brake restoration can be provided if desired.
Asking 200 EUR for those, including pads, rebuild kits for the 4-pots, rear wheel cylinders, rebuild kit for master cylinder.

All inclusive, I could let her go for 2600 EUR if a fast and smooth deal is arranged. International buyers very welcome. Ich spreche Deutsch auch!

Shipping from the port of Gothenburg can be arranged at buyers expense. I will take the car to the docks. Thanks for looking!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: