The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:33:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  NEIL ARMSTRONG PASSES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NEIL ARMSTRONG PASSES  (Read 1897 times)
johnl

« on: August 25, 2012, 20:56:22 pm »

I've just learned that Neil Armstrong has just died.  How well I remember sitting in front of the TV and watching him place the first step by man on the moon.  This was the day after Jim & Sharon Edmiston were married in July of 1969.

You never heard much about Armstrong as he tried to stay out of the public eye and never tried to capitalize on his name or accomplishment.  I once heard a story that he refused to give autographs because people were selling them.

Not only was he a great American he was a great man for the entire world and we could certainly use more folks like him.

God's Speed Neil Armstrong .........   Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 21:19:59 pm »

Heard the sad news, earlier. Neil was a great man and a huge part of our history. He lived a good life and he'll always be remembered. Another end of an era. Sad to see so many our our childhood heroes passing on, these days. I remember watching that historic event on our television when I was in first grade with my parents and sister. Great memory.

Rest in peace, Neil.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 03:34:02 am »

That day in 1969, my Mother sat me in front of the TV while Walter Cronkite was reporting and said "watch this, you will remember it for the rest of your life".
She was so right !
I wanted to be an Astronaut so badly.
It is still my greatest dream to be able to voyage into space and look back upon Earth.
Godspeed Mr. Armstrong.
You were my hero.
 Cry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: