The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:21:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350741 Posts in 28583 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My turbo projects!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: My turbo projects!  (Read 45737 times)
Fredrik Grönlund

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 23:12:02 pm »

is it standard length torison bar on narrowed torsion housing??

I will use standard torsion bar from a 1967 car which is shorter than the one used in oval cars.
Spring plates will then be used from oval but becuase of the "coctail" with long axle tubes theese will require some modification also. What is needed is to extend the spline tube with 3cm.

But easiest solution for 3" narrowing is to use torsion tubes from ~65-70 swing axle (i don´t remember precise years), springplates from oval cars, narrow the spring tubes with 3" and driveshaft tubes also with 3".

Fredrik Grönlund

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 23:35:43 pm »

Common queastion about cylinderheads.
What flownumbers have you achieved with 42mm intakevalves?
I would be interested in flow numbers on standard look heads.

I have played around with my muck upp cylinderhead but best until now has been in the range of 186cmf@28". This is quite rough head without decent valveseat surfaces so low lift is poor.
What i have tried is to get rid of the turbulence along the inner radius but this seems to be very difficult..
Intresting would be to get different flownumbers on different valvelifts to se uf other heads have same behavior.

As thread without pictures are boring i show my test head
This is an old crap head that i have welded and filled with plastic padding to have something to grind.
What i did first was to grind the intake realy big and by eye very good flowing  Grin Grin
But flowbech showed totaly different numbers than my eyes did ..
After this i started to fill it until flow velocity was in the range what it should. As you se i use a short intake manifold to get the intake port longer.

If you wonder why i have the cylinder uppside down it is because heads are flycutted for 1600 bore.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 23:38:32 pm by Fredrik Grönlund » Logged
bedjo78

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2013, 01:55:23 am »

[/quote]

I will use standard torsion bar from a 1967 car which is shorter than the one used in oval cars.
Spring plates will then be used from oval but becuase of the "coctail" with long axle tubes theese will require some modification also. What is needed is to extend the spline tube with 3cm.

But easiest solution for 3" narrowing is to use torsion tubes from ~65-70 swing axle (i don´t remember precise years), springplates from oval cars, narrow the spring tubes with 3" and driveshaft tubes also with 3".

[/quote]

many thanks for that Information.
Fredrik Grönlund

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2013, 20:06:53 pm »

some update from the garage.
yesterday i continued with measuring and test fitting the whole rear axle asembly. finaly i found out by my opinion good position for torsion tube so then it was just to take some measurement and brake it down to parts again.

I decided also to weld the rear fork back toghether.

Fredrik Grönlund

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 22:18:12 pm »

Some minor progress has hapend.
Finaly i got the torsion tube welded back into the car. What is left is to enforce the tunnel around a littlebit to get back the stiffness.
Plan is to weld in some additional supports inside the tunnel.

Shifter tube where also bended and lifted up in the rear end. Ofcourse tunnel had to be cutted littlebit so more welding again.

Length difference between oval aged and 1967 torsion bars.

Found nice picture of my beachbuggy wheelie. Would be nice to get this car rolling again or sell it. It has been unused now for almost 3 years. Broken transmission should be changed and engine overhauled or replaced something fancy...

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: