The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 19:20:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350779 Posts in 28590 Topics by 6824 Members
Latest Member: 63calLQQK
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Web hosting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Web hosting  (Read 2292 times)
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« on: April 03, 2008, 14:40:46 pm »

Anyone had any exp with good cheap web hosting companies? I am losing my free hosting at the Uni when I graduate in a couple of weeks. So I need to find a place to host all my pics. Plus as much as I hate web work, I may do an actual site to track my progress with the '67. Location is not that important, as long as they take US$ and I don't end up on any watch lists.  Roll Eyes

Thanks,

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 16:07:03 pm »

Can't you use ImageShack, Splashcast, or Photobucket to host your images/videos? All are free with options for a pro upgrade that cost a little money. Or are you referring to something else like a server?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 17:35:56 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 17:25:36 pm »

I've been using Aplus.net for years. Always been happy with their service and up time. Prices are reasonable but I'm sure you can find cheaper. They're out of San Diego.

Rick

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 17:44:35 pm »

Can't you use ImageShack, Splashcast, or Photobucket to host your images/videos? All are free with options for a pro upgrade that cost a little money. Or are you referring to something else like a server?

Yeah I could, but I like more control over my pics and stuff than most of the free sites allow. I am a geek by nature so that may have something to do with it. Plus I will probably need some web space soon for a consulting company I am putting together. Then I can write it off as a business exp.  Tongue

I've been using Aplus.net for years. Always been happy with their service and up time. Prices are reasonable but I'm sure you can find cheaper. They're out of San Diego.

Rick

Thanks I will check it out.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: