The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 14:35:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  EUROPEAN CLASSIC VW WEEK 2009!!! HESSISCH OLDENDORF VINTAGE TO EBI#3!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: EUROPEAN CLASSIC VW WEEK 2009!!! HESSISCH OLDENDORF VINTAGE TO EBI#3!  (Read 21572 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 10:42:56 am »

Grandstands and the first tents have been built up!!!! we're getting ready!!!! 

NEW for this EBI is the Party!!! here's the line up!!!

Shocked Sad Roll Eyes

I thought you might say something  Roll Eyes Wink Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 12:13:06 pm »

sorry about the party Richie... but it seems to be the only way (hopefully) to keep a control over the mass... we don't want them to be out in the street doing stupid stuff like last year... so now all the stupidity can be concentrated under the tent with the ambulances right next to it! Smiley

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2009, 09:32:21 am »

looks like the weather will be hot this year Smiley

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2009, 09:36:02 am »

Grandstands and the first tents have been built up!!!! we're getting ready!!!! 

NEW for this EBI is the Party!!! here's the line up!!!

Shocked Sad Roll Eyes
Quite... Lips Sealed

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
richie

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2009, 10:03:00 am »

sorry about the party Richie... but it seems to be the only way (hopefully) to keep a control over the mass... we don't want them to be out in the street doing stupid stuff like last year... so now all the stupidity can be concentrated under the tent with the ambulances right next to it! Smiley

Hey Kobus,
I am sure i am the minority about this,
but i dont remember reading about the Old Bug-ins being a music festival,the people that are attracted to festival type events over here arent controllable by being in a tent Roll Eyes  As soon as the entertainment stops they go make there own elsewhere and quite often its not nice Shocked Sad   
Lets hope you have it all under control and i am wrong Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Russell

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2009, 11:27:27 am »

the weather is sure meant to be nice just checked the 7 day forecast and it looks like 22 deg and no cloud cover for friday/Sat...  Grin

I agree with the festival type event, this is not for a Bugin, i also understand we need numbers and the public vote by there feet, lets hope the event is not runied by stupidity, Please.  Smiley

hopefully they keep the noise down as well. Grin

Oh and rather than steal this year please leave stuff as it is, thanks it does belong to someone. Huh

Best Regards

Russell
Lee.C

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2009, 11:51:09 am »

At last one year without rain - I hope  Smiley

Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2009, 12:53:33 pm »

no rain and no area restrictions should make for a nice weekend!

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
RhoadsVW

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2009, 21:00:23 pm »

Sorry I'm there this time but I also am not for the festival type event.   The first EBI was bad enought with drunks stumbling around in the middle of the night yelling.  I am sure that making it a festival type event could only be worse for the real participants of the event. The car show and racers for which the event is for.  Been through the festival type event with the No Worries event at Avon Park..   That was only good for the alcoholics.   Hope all works out for all involved.   I know I would not want my car anywhere close to a festival event again.    Good luck,  Have fun    Dave Rhoads

Der Renwagen Fuhrers
Russell

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2009, 21:27:47 pm »

no rain and no area restrictions should make for a nice weekend!

I totally disagree with this comment if aimed at the pit area ? any restricted areas are for SAFETY reasons or for private functions.

FYI Last year Pit passes were introduced and this somehow was percived as a VIP Pass (as in any very important person) not VIP as in racers and crew could gain access to the pits.....

Last year myself and kobus had to chase many spectators away from the pits areas where we were fueling and runing race cars, it almost became a open area !!!

My point is that if anyone wants to came and see the older gassers race go to the stands, if you want to come and see them, take photos please do but not when we and others are in the middle of racing.

So i do hope there are area restrictions and only for SAFETY Reasons.

As i for one want us all to come back next time....

Best Regards

Russell
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2009, 22:29:52 pm »

i agree russell, you need restricted zones for safety reasons. plus the fact that you'd want to go over the car before racing it and not be surrounded by masses. it's just that last year access was pretty random, some could go past the barriers around the strip and others couldn't. but that's all i want to say. i'm really looking forward to the event! in fact i've been working on my car for days and days now just to be able to drive down. 'nuff said. see you all there Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
Russell

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2009, 23:10:27 pm »

Yes me too see you there, if you get in !  Wink

Best Regards

Russell
Kobus

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2009, 22:43:15 pm »

Hey Kobus,
I am sure i am the minority about this,
but i dont remember reading about the Old Bug-ins being a music festival,the people that are attracted to festival type events over here arent controllable by being in a tent Roll Eyes  As soon as the entertainment stops they go make there own elsewhere and quite often its not nice Shocked Sad   
Lets hope you have it all under control and i am wrong Smiley

cheers richie,uk

i wish we didn't need to.. we tried without it for 2 shots... now we'll try with the tent, hopefully this will not inconvenience too many...  but some stuff happened last year at night that was totally unacceptable.. so now those who want to be partying they can in a sort of controlled environment and not out in the street...

IT IS IN NO WAY THE IDEA TO MAKE EBI INTO A MUSIC FESTIVAL, IT'S JUST SOME ENTERTAINMENT IN ONE TENT!

EBI is about THE CARS!!! And the PEOPLE!!! The party should in no way be the main attraction, there's enough shows around like that already!

See you in Chimay!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 23:15:49 pm by Kobus » Logged

ESH

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2009, 23:14:54 pm »

... EBI is about THE CARS!!! And the PEOPLE!!! The party should in no way be the main attraction, there's enough show around like that already! ...

I'm maybe not the best person to poll for ideas but the only thing I thought the show could possibly use was maybe a Diner of some kind at the top end of the track. Nothing better after a quarter mile than a quarter pounder and a cup of tea.

Have a good week getting ready for the show.  Smiley  Cool
Kobus

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2009, 23:18:09 pm »

well Mat, i can only support your idea! and thank you for bringing the OFF Lunch Track over to EBI!!! :-)

here Below i've just put up the revised schedule for the next few days!!! it looks like it's going to be a fun week! i wish i could be everywhere....$

and here's the full mass email that was just sent out to all the email i got, here it is for those who aren't on my mailinglist.

(texte en Français plus bas)

Dear European Bug In Participant, there's only a few days to go!!!

We will bring you a fun packed weekend with Dragracing! a nice pro trader area, swapmeet, a supercool Slalom (now close to the show and shine)
and of course what it is all about loads and loads of VW's inside our no h20 zone!!!!

we have secured some more space for those who wish to camp on site, those who are looking for accommodation in the region please check out the following link.
http://www.europeanbugin.com/EN/info/loger.html

Hessisch Oldendorf is over, and it was Phenomenal!
now there's still a row of great activities for you if you need to fill up these few days before EBI!
here's the planning for you.

29th June. WOLFSBURG FACTORY TOURS + WOB MUSEUM + VW CLASSIC PARTS OPEN HOUSE
30th June. VW Entfallteiledienst Open House (rsvp at Hessisch) + HANNOVER BUS FACTORY TOURS (RSVP ONLY) + KIEFT EN KLOK OPEN HOUSE + STEVE'S DYNODAYS.
01st July. PAT OPEN HOUSE (12-18h) + Der Autobahn Scrapers' CRUISE NIGHT in Waterloo
02nd July. MUSEE DE L'AUTOMOBILE Brussels + Radical Bugs Open House and their Cruise to EBI!
03rd July. EBI#3 Opens doors to the public.

Well worth traveling around Belgium, Germany and Holland :-)

Tickets (pre sales) for the show have all been sent out , there is NO STICKER needed this year to grant you access to the Show and shine ground, your pre purchased ticket will be exchanged into the appropriate bracelets and access sticker at the gate.

If you have friends who haven't registered and so haven't bought a pre-sale ticket, this is no problem! they can still go to the show and even camp at the show ground, they just need to purchase their admission stickers and bracelets at the gate!
there will be a fast lane at the entrance for those who already have bracelets or their tickets!

if you have any questions, don't hesitate, just send an email to info@europeanbugin.com

Thanks, See you in Chimay! Team EBI.

www.europeanbugin.com
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 23:43:43 pm by Kobus » Logged

Lee.C

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2009, 00:22:47 am »

"Thanks, See you in Chimay! Team EBI."

Hopefully  Undecided engine is still on the bench, Wheels are in the front room and my pushrods are still at the Machine shop - Don't worry though guys  Wink Smiley

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2009, 09:13:47 am »

I have obviously missed some of last years night time "entertainment", this is why i don't camp and one of the reasons I stopped going to bug jam, its a fine line between entertainment and and unruly behaviour.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
JS

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 08:48:57 am »

WE´RE OFF!! SEE YOU IN CHIMAY!!!!! GOGOGOGO BUGIN!!!  Grin

CHECK OUT WWW.SCCEVENT.COM

Signature.
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2009, 20:51:37 pm »

Just got the 49 done , phew , it int pretty but its a runner  Wink see all you guys real soon  Cool

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Lee.C

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2009, 02:18:22 am »

well the engine is in but still no carb parts  Undecided I'll be there don't worry even if I leave early Saturday morning  Smiley

Diederick/DVK

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2009, 08:51:11 am »

well the engine is in but still no carb parts  Undecided I'll be there don't worry even if I leave early Saturday morning  Smiley

same deal here dude. still waiting and waiting. even if i have to leave saturday afternoon Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2009, 05:27:39 am »

Just recieve from "Icans" the last 3 EBI3 Cans to offer in the 2.000 Goodies Bags !

Wanted EBI 3  I Can's    ( Underdog,Raceshop,Dyno Pincher )

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Helge/DFL

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2009, 08:59:35 am »

Guys, please post some pictures from EBI#3. I heard Mr Komori had his IP-too-Replica with him. The Otto Bros. have a long VW-Pick up with a sling-shot-dragster. Please let us see some pictures.

-DFL- Der Fieser Luftkühlers
`59 Dragrace Beetle "Stage Fright"
`62 ragtop Beetle
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: