The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:59:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350729 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Hey John Lazenby... Isn't it your birthday??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey John Lazenby... Isn't it your birthday??  (Read 4836 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« on: April 10, 2013, 19:05:36 pm »

Happy Birthday John!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 19:31:29 pm »

happy b-day , john  and  habbu b-day to you too rick

Wink
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
edcraig

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 21:20:55 pm »

Here's wishing that my OLD buddy John and Rick have very happy birthdays!

Ed
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 22:30:10 pm »

Happy Birthday, here's a cake and something to blow out the candles with Grin
johnl

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 02:22:28 am »

Hey guys, thanks for remember.  I've included a post that I just sent out to friends of my last 24 hours.

HOW NOT TO SPEND ONE'S BIRTHDAY

Some of you may or may not know but today I turned 66.  Last Thursday I had a Pacemaker installed and am recovering from that.  This was put in place due to my pulse dropping into the 30's.  Normal is 60 to 70 so I'm told.

Well yesterday at 5:30pm I was watching TV and I felt it coming on.  I've been blessed with Atrial Fibrillation which is disturbance in the rhythm of the heart beat.  So takes off and I hope that it will subside as it has sometimes in the past. 

Finally at 8:00pm I phoned my Cardiologist who instructed me to go to the ER (Emergency Room) NOW.  So off we go with me driving which probably wasn't a wise move, but then I've never been known for "wise move"s.  Once inside when I tell them what is going on I get moved to the head of the line of people. 

They give me an EKG and then get me a bed.  I'm hooked up to an IV and on the second try they get the darn thing in right.  I'm still somewhat of a pin cushion (that is different than "pin head") from my adventures of Pacemaker week.

We are there for three hours or so and we managed to get out at 11:57pm as I had no intention of spending my birthday in such a place.  I'm mad as hell and Christie is exhausted.  I told her when we get home NOT to set her alarm and sleep until she feels rested, fat chance that would happen.

All night long the A-Fib pounded away inside me and then at about 8:00am it decides to go away.  By this time I'm more than exhausted but manage to get a shower and call my Cardiologist Office.  Before 10:00am I'm there. 

My Doctor (the one who did the Pacemaker) up some meds, added some new ones including every ones favorite Coumadin (Rat Poisoning, yep that is correct) to thin my blood so I don't develop a blood clot and have a stroke or worse.  This drug requires a substantial diet change and you can eat virtually no veggies or greens.  There are many other diet restrictions but the veggie thing really upsets me.  At first I'll have to do at least weekly blood draws.  I'm starting this tonight.

There is an option that I've thought through with Christie and also phoned a very close friend who is an OB-GYN (yes he is my Gyno guy).  He is very versed and is always there for me. 

This procedure that I can't pronounce let alone spell is where they enter through your groin (looking forward to that one), go up a main artery to you heart and  fry some tissue which is supposed to make the A-Fib thing cease.   As I understand it if this is successful I don't have to continue on the Coumadin and will have no more attacks.

I've placed the wheels in motion to get this going and the sooner the better.  I should know more this Friday when the office gets back to me after speaking with the Doctor.

So in closing 50 years ago today I was the FIRST person in line at the DMV to get my driver's license.  Drove dad's '53 NYer without power steering and parallel parked it perfectly.  Then dad and I drove to Phoenix to meet my mom who flew in from Florida.  A day I'll never forget.

About the only good thing today was Christie and I had a really good Pepperoni Pizza dripping with grease for lunch.  Loved it.....  Now I have to go in and sort my new drugs which should fill my evening.

I'm looking for smooth sailing ahead and lots of fun with my Volkswagens and Chryslers.  And if I get the urge I'll get the BMW M5 out and clean some carbon out of it........

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 02:39:49 am »

Happy birthday, John, and stay well. We need you around this place.

I'll send an email outside of here ...

Mike H.

Sven was right.
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 02:40:42 am »

Oh, and happy birthday to all the other fellow APRIL birthdays ... I know there's a few of us here.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 03:29:46 am »

Happy Birthday John and Rick

I'll be thinking about you John and Christie hoping for all the best see you soon.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
johnl

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 04:23:37 am »

Rick, I'm sorry I forgot to wish you a HB.  Hope yours was better than mine.   FYI:  Doug Haydon, DKP I also shares 04-10 so I'd like to wish him a great day.  Saw him just a couple of weeks ago at C&C.  He and his brother Whit are two great guys........

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 23:26:49 pm »

Thanks for the wishes. Doug was the first person I had ever met that shared 4/10 as a birthday back when Haydon Bros. was one of my customers at BAP/Geon

Sorry you spent your birthday in the ER... never fun to go there. Take care of yourself we need you around this place!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 00:55:32 am »

John,
Happy Birthday from TEXAS!
My Brother has the A-Fib condition as well ... same deal. His heart rate shoots to the Moon (220-260) during the episodes, his pressure drops way off and he basically turns white or worse; gets cold and clammy.
One of the doctors instructed him, upon an undesirable/indespensible location to try voluntary "hard coughs" to help end the event. Apparently the success rate is under 50%, but it's worth a try! His best circumvention is to simply STOP, sit/lay down and rest till it subsides. Unfortunately, that can take quite some time on occasion ... the last occasion went close to 24 hours. They stopped it with a blast from the PADS.
The operation it sounds you speak of is an "oblation" ... that's what they call it here anyway. My Brother is thinking of scheduling the procedure, but due to insurance and IFy success rate ... well, at least it's an option and is still on the table.
FIGHT IT! It's beatable!
Take CARE out there ... TxT

+edited for the illusion of sanity*
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 16:16:41 pm by TexasTom » Logged

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Dyno-Don

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 23:20:25 pm »

Hey John -  a little late but happy B day anyway

I can relate to your story, spent the eve of my 49th birthday in the Emergency room, then cardiology "lougne" as they called it having a bit of surgery as I has a heart attack on the treadmill in the Orange County Heart Institute. Combination of high cholesterol (brought on by too many cheeseburgers working the counter at Auto Haus), blocked left descending arterial artery (AKA the Widow Maker), and bradyarrhythmia (low heart rate, about 45 resting). And I couldn't wait to get out either - not the place to spend a birthday. After the Doc said I was good to go, I got tired of waiting to be discharged and after 2 hours just got up and left! The hospital called my house and asked me if I was still at the hospital (huh?, you're talking to me on my home phone)!

Well it's been 8 years next month, so all is good and I only wish the same for you!
Russell

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 23:47:24 pm »

Hey John Happy Birthday from a fellow RAM...

Hope the ticker thing gets sorted quickly, best wishes.

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 00:18:23 am »

Jovial day of birth, John!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
johnl

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 02:08:14 am »

Thanks again all for the wishes.  Just got my Birthday Gift a bit late but none the less I got it.  My Doctor's office phoned and I am scheduled for a Cardiac Ablation in a week or so.  A three hour procedure (you can look the details up on line).  I'll stay in the hospital over night and get out and be able to drive.  Also thanks much to fellow DKP (good guy) Ben Salazar who works in the field and took time to phone and discuss much in detail regarding the procedure. Really looking forward to resuming my life and waiting for # 67 to arrive.......... Wink

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 16:43:43 pm »

Happy Belated Birthday John !
Good luck with your cardiac operation.
 Smiley
Dimi DKG

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 21:02:47 pm »

Hi John, hope everything is Ok with you and wife. HB anyway and will be happy to see you again in Socal next June!!!!

Sunshine, IDAs on 76 gas and Cal look friends... the real spice of life!
johnl

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 05:19:39 am »

Hi John, hope everything is Ok with you and wife. HB anyway and will be happy to see you again in Socal next June!!!!

We are looking forward to it also.............

Matty c

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 18:49:48 pm »

Little late but happy birthday John & good luck with your operation.
Matt

67heaven
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: