The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 21:01:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  Race Bug for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Race Bug for sale  (Read 6015 times)
Neil Davies

« on: October 10, 2007, 10:11:45 am »

A friend of mine has decided to sell his race car and has asked me to post it on here. It's on Ebay at the moment - I'll post up the link later.

Built a couple of years ago by Tony Isley and raced a couple of times in the UK and once at Spa I believe. Bought by my mate to run in Outlaw Flat Four but realised that he probably didn't have the time, knowledge or inclination to run the car properly and do it justice. He looked at putting it on the street and collected up a few of the parts to do so but has ended up getting a bus instead.

The spec - 1971 Beetle, full restoration including new heater channels, bare metalled and painted 2-pack Coral Red. 11-point cage (with funny car cage) by Der Botchenvolks, tagged down to 8.50, IRS rear end. Brand new lowered front beam, 4-lug drum brakes, bearings and steering bushes fitted when built.
Early style fibreglass front, 2"oversize rear wings, W-lid with integral valance and running boards. Brand new VW Heritage doors, lexan windows all round, custom made factory style doorcards by Spirit of the 50's, Jaz aluminium seat with cover. Autometer gauges (oil temp and pressure, nitrous pressure), starter panel with ignition and fuel cut-off switches. Large Jaz fuel cell, I think it's a 5 gallon one (not yet mounted).

I'd love to buy this car - it needs the wheels detailing, a set of tyres, an engine and 'box and that's about it. Someone give it a good home.

Edit! Link to E-bay auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-RACE-CAR-BEETLE-CORAL-RED_W0QQitemZ330173685403QQihZ014QQcategoryZ18303QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I've got another pair of the Gemini wheels - if someone bought this and wanted to run slicks and street tyres I've got the wheels to match.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:12:43 pm by Neil Davies » Logged

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 19:01:35 pm »

i remember the  car when she cames at spa , iwas in the paddock and talk to tony  , that's the year when fourplay goes to belgium too with adam share the boss of OCC(orange county connection) i'never heard more new about adam , someone can said to me if adam is always in the vw scene  Huh
thanks

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
alfie the monster

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 19:12:59 pm »

Adam has moved to New Zealand

JG54 Grunherz
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 19:42:04 pm »

thanks alfie

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 16:54:39 pm »

Adam has moved to New Zealand

I wondered where he had gone - didn't think I'd seen him for a while! I'm fairly sure it was him who painted this car!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 20:50:14 pm »

There is another picture included in the ad on the Samba that shows the car with three large holes in the front end !
 Shocked
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 08:01:26 am »

Spoke to owner a while ago, wouldnt be hard to get that street legal either . Lots of fun ! good buy  Grin
Neil Davies

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 10:36:59 am »

There is another picture included in the ad on the Samba that shows the car with three large holes in the front end !
 Shocked

Yeah, that was when Tony, the original builder, decided to go dirty water cooled... then saw the light and put a 2332 in it! Those holes are long gone!  Grin

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 13:31:17 pm »

Didn't adam leave a few people in the lurch

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Neil Davies

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 17:24:59 pm »

Didn't adam leave a few people in the lurch

No idea Michael, I lost track of him a couple of years ago, when he sold Fourplay.

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 19:17:33 pm »

Got my beards from him, me and Jick drove up to his workshop to collect them.  Four Play was covered in crap and paint dust.  I think this car was been sprayed at that time.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
TONY

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 20:24:49 pm »

hello neil
Hope all is well with you ,sad to see it's for sale again,would love to buy it back but others projects are stopping that, i speak to adam every other month doing very well in NZ and has no plans as yet to come back. tried to buy fourplay a couple of months back but to no avail.
Neil Davies

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 09:23:09 am »

hello neil
Hope all is well with you ,sad to see it's for sale again,would love to buy it back but others projects are stopping that, i speak to adam every other month doing very well in NZ and has no plans as yet to come back. tried to buy fourplay a couple of months back but to no avail.

Hi Tony, all is good here, you too? I'm sad to see the car for sale again - Andy was really fired up about getting a race car but I think he didn't really realise the amount of work that he'd have to do to prepare and run one. I know he was looking at getting it streetable, but time is the big issue.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: