The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:48:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  VW Bra's-Rock Chips
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VW Bra's-Rock Chips  (Read 2201 times)
DKK Ted
DKK

« on: June 11, 2009, 19:45:55 pm »

Who makes a quality half bra for a bug, if they still make them. The reason is I'm getting alot of rock chips on the front of my car going on the freeway to events. Was thinking of a bra to get to where I'm going, then pull it off. I'm going to have to have my front of the bug repainted in the near future, and want to protect it. What are you guy's doing from preventing rock chips. Thanks for any info ahead of time.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 19:48:59 pm by Racecraf » Logged

VW Classic 2012
johnl

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 20:02:53 pm »

I've sold bras and car covers for close to 40 years.  The two major companies in the day were Colgan Custom and Covercraft, both based in Southern California.

Royze is still a distributor for Covercraft and also use to offer Colgan products.  Colgan chose to end their releationship with most of the warehouse distributors a few years back.  I think the only way to buy from them today is direct.

To this day we still sell a good amount of cars covers with many material choices from Covercraft.  There are other companies, but Covercraft is the "standard" of the industry.  As usual it comes down to you get what you pay for.   

I just reviewed my Covercraft catalog only to find they no longer list anything for the VW Beetle prior to the SuperBeetle.  Both companies do list bras or mask as Covercraft refers to them for the current Beetle.

I hope this information will be of use.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
SlingShot

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 20:33:47 pm »

What are you guy's doing from preventing rock chips.

I drive like an intoxicated person. Everyone slows down and gets behind me, therefore no cars to throw rocks at me. Wink

Will Race For Beer !!!
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 22:12:24 pm »

I like that,
Rule #1  Drive like an idiot and they will stay way away
Rule #2  Most people would prefer to avoid an accident.  (take advantage)
And #3  When you go fast... Don't turn

Go fast, don't turn
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 23:24:53 pm »

Hey Steve, I like rule #1. I think this weekend, going to the Classic's, I'll just get behind a Type II with a stock engine and I'll be safe.  Cheesy Until somebody goes by me fast, then I'll......you know.  Wink

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 23:38:09 pm »

Hey Steve, I like rule #1. I think this weekend, going to the Classic's, I'll just get behind a Type II with a stock engine and I'll be safe.  Cheesy Until somebody goes by me fast, then I'll......you know.  Wink

Ted

You may be safe from rock chips but your car will probably be covered with a film of oil droplets Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 23:55:07 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 23:54:20 pm »

I'll just have to follow about a 1/4 mile or so behind.  Grin At least my motor won't get hot. Just cruz.  Cool

VW Classic 2012
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: