The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:16:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  T1 lower cooling tins, how?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: T1 lower cooling tins, how?  (Read 1612 times)
JIMP

« on: November 21, 2011, 22:11:46 pm »

Hello

I have a T1 engine with a tuned length header, because of this the back cylinders -flywheel side- exhaust tubes run not as usualy do the heater boxes below the heads but kind of diagonally exactly below the pushrod tubes, also they run higher -they almost hit the pushrod tubes. I'm in the process of building a std t1 cooling system for this and I need some advice on this lower part. The std lower tins can't do the job as they are, so was thinking of using the std under cylinder tins, use the front small vertical tins and for the back to keep the std tins but cut very short, just to make a vertical path for the air, in this case the complete lower part of the pushrods will be uncovered but still the air will be directed to the lower part of cylinders and heads also. Also as the air will blow directly on the pushrod tubes will keep away also the heat rising from the exhaust tubes. Do you think that this will be an eficient way to cool or I should consider another way of doing this? cheers

Friendly

Dimitrios
neil68

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:35:04 am »

Just trim the J-shaped sled tins, so that the headers will fit nicely.

Don't be too concerned about the cooling air underneath...the air that blows down between the cylinders and around the outside of the cylinders has already completed it's cooling job, by the time it hits the sled tins.  By then it's just on its way out the back, past the pipes/muffler...

Neil
Der Kleiner Rennwagens
'68 Beetle, 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 172 KM/H (107.5 MPH)
Dynojet Test:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: