The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:44:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  This space reserved for D.K.K. club photos... dig?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: This space reserved for D.K.K. club photos... dig?  (Read 62155 times)
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2008, 20:17:16 pm »

Thanks to Fabian for those pics!  Hope you don't mind Fab's.  You have anymore DKK pics Fab's?  This would be the link to put them on.  Can you help?  Please.

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Worm
DKK

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2008, 20:22:43 pm »

uh huh

Worm
DKK

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2008, 20:26:15 pm »

Wilkersons ghia

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2008, 20:29:54 pm »

sorry scott but those came from my magazine  i'm a big fan of old club has you can see  Grin Grin  when i found new one i put them on the dkp, dsk ,dvb , dkk thread  Wink
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2008, 20:30:42 pm »

Wilkersons ghia
what the fu#k Huh iron freesbee  Grin Grin

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2008, 20:37:25 pm »

We took our Frisbee seriously!!  Grin Grin Grin

Actually Steve had a "run in" with a "sore loser."  Wink Wink Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2008, 20:45:06 pm »

We took our Frisbee seriously!!  Grin Grin Grin

Actually Steve had a "run in" with a "sore loser."  Wink Wink Wink
fu#Īk  Undecided Undecided

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2008, 21:18:00 pm »

Whoa! I haven't seen THIS pic since it was new.

Todd Fuller, in front of his Ghia, Brennan (with the KROQ shirt) next to his Oval, I'm standing behind my orange car, next to McNew's brown car. Worm, was this taken at a Small Car Specialties event or Bug-In? My old wrinkled memory is failing me on this one.

Thanks for postin' it!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Worm
DKK

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2008, 22:04:27 pm »

Fred, I do not know where/when it was taken.  Fabian (Speedwell) posted it on another link and I pirated it for here.  Fab's you know?  Rick?  I was'nt hangin around the club much in these days, My days were limited mostly to rally's and an occasional meeting or day at the park .  I was driving a 63 vert that did not belong in the car show area.  It was clean just a sano beater so to speak (totally burnt on cleaning my car with a tooth brush.. yah know).  As well,  this was probably taken on a sat or sunday and in those days I was most likely in L.A at some punk show (with Cory Oldroyd or Fong) till the wee hours the night before.  Black Flag?  DK? SD? Adolescents... who knows.

I still go to those damn shows...  But now instead of $5 its $45+...

Blaydes
P.S. wish I could still skate like you do.

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2008, 22:39:27 pm »

This was taken at the SCS showdown.. This was the last one held when SCS was on Orangethorpe near Beach. After that they moved to Katella.

Mark... it looks like you were talking up 2 cuties!  Wink  That would be Barb and Suzy.

In the lawn chairs I recognize Scott and Joey... don't remember the girl.

They used that shot or a similar one of the poster for the next year's show. I have 2 copies of that poster.. one of them framed.

guillaume

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2008, 22:43:48 pm »

As well,  this was probably taken on a sat or sunday and in those days I was most likely in L.A at some punk show (with Cory Oldroyd or Fong) till the wee hours the night before.  Black Flag?  DK? SD? Adolescents... who knows.

Blaydes

Good taste, I like a lot Black Flag. Maybe you also know Suicidal Tendencies? some punk and skater guys from Venice ;-)
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2008, 01:35:39 am »

Steve W., is he the same Steve that worked next door to Auto-Craft Machine??

VW Classic 2012
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008, 01:44:45 am »

Steve W., is he the same Steve that worked next door to Auto-Craft Machine??

Possibly. He was from the La Habra area. Had the Ghia and later on had a '58 Bug blue with multi-color blue graphics on it.

Worm
DKK

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 05:32:46 am »

As well,  this was probably taken on a sat or sunday and in those days I was most likely in L.A at some punk show (with Cory Oldroyd or Fong) till the wee hours the night before.  Black Flag?  DK? SD? Adolescents... who knows.

Blaydes

Good taste, I like a lot Black Flag. Maybe you also know Suicidal Tendencies? some punk and skater guys from Venice ;-)

Guilllaume, do I know Suicidal Tendencies.....?   Well, I guess you could say I have an "idea" who they are.  One night in Fullerton my friends band called Confederate opened for Suicidal Tendencies.  So, Cory Oldroyd (from DKK) and I were at the show and all these wanna be cholos from Venice show up and proceded to kick our North Orange County asses.  The pit was so brutal that when I fell down one time one of the cholo idiots kicked me in the face with his steel toe boot.  I was kinda bummin (and puffy).  So Cory being the big bruiser that he was, runs through the club at full speed and jumps on like 6 of them and proceeds to stake his claim back to the OC.  This basically went on all night.  Then after the show outside Icabods (the clubs name) I see Mike Muir, the lead singer, and I proceed to cuss him out three kinds of sideways.  Without thinking he ran up to me and totally punched me right in the face dropping me cold. 
They won. 
So, yes Guillaume I do know who Suicidal Tendencies are and I must say to this day I am still not a big fan.  Hah.  You like Social Distortion?  Mike Ness and I were quite cozy at one time with each other.  As well all the Adolescents and my good bros Agent Orange (saw them 2 months ago again). Thats that.
P.S. All I wanted was a Pepsi....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:41:00 am by Worm » Logged

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2008, 05:42:15 am »

I remember a few nights at Ichabods... and the Cuckoo's Nest!  Wink

Rennsurfer

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2008, 06:16:47 am »

Agent Orange... one of my alltime fave bands to this day. I still go to their shows. Mike Palm is still kickin' arse on the guitar, still skates, and still a cool dude.

Rick, thanks for the clarification on the SCS event. I still have that t-shirt somewhere from that event. I recognize Barb and Susy in that pic, too. That's Scott in the lawnchair... haven't seen him since that pic was taken. Worm, do you still skate? If so, let's meet up! I got to skate with Schwimmer the other day. GOOD TIMES! Lots of fun FREE skateparks all over the country these days.

~Sarge
Worm
DKK

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2008, 06:58:00 am »

Do I still skate?   Uh.... no.  I have a long board and I think its only used now to move heavy stuff around the house and the occasional six pac from the local market.  I wish tho.  Too lame these days.  I fall, I hurt, I'm done.
I would definately make time to come hang out at the park wit cha.  Theres a slim chance you might talk me into dropping into a bowl.  Best I look like a hockey goalie before I do tho. ha.
Glad you're diggin on Agent Orange.  I took my son to see them and the Adolescents, and the Dickies at the Galaxy a few months ago.  And you are right they still ROCK.  Better than the 3 chord shuffle like most punk bands these days.  Many moons ago I pretended to be a roadie for Mike Palm and James Levesque  and Scotty Miller.  Ah, I just carried a snare drum  or two in and got in the show for free.....  Roll Eyes   The last time I did that they opened for Bad Religion at the Roxy.  That was more than a few years ago.
Aw, from VW's to Devo and the Surf Punks to the Gears, then the Germs and Black Flag, then to better looking girls and Rockabilly.  Played that scene hard for MANY years.  In fact going to see Three Bad Jacks next saturday.  What a trip.  Life is good.
As Kid Spike from the Gears said.... "Don't be afraid to pogo, don't be afraid to relate, if it was'nt for this kind of music you would'nt have come to this place"
Peace

Rennsurfer

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2008, 07:07:35 am »

NICE! I dig the old stories about the shows. These days, I take my two teenage sons to a few shows, too. They like The Adicts, Agent Orange, Channel 3, D.I. The Adolescents, JFA, The Dickies, and T.S.O.L. Those are about the only bands that we follow.

Brian Brannon (JFA) still rips on a skateboard. A lotta of the guys still surf and/or skate, too. I'm not gonna talk anyone into doing anything that they don't wanna do when it comes to skateboarding. My only rule is... HAVE FUN. Period. 'Cause if you're not, something is wrong. A few of us are headin' to The Galaxy this next Thursday. A benefit show to help offset the cancer treatment costs for one the guitarists in D.I. Let me know if you wanna go.

Back to thread content; Rick, this site is a trip... constantly clearin' out the cobwebs in my mind and reminding me of stuff. You're right about that SCS event being a poster. I DID keep one from that day. But, sadly, I think that it might be gone. I'll have get up in the attic and check. There's a chance that I still have it.

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2008, 07:09:20 am »

NICE! I dig the old stories about the shows. These days, I take my two teenage sons to a few shows, too. They like The Adicts, Agent Orange, Channel 3, D.I. The Adolescents, JFA, The Dickies, and T.S.O.L. Those are about the only bands that we follow.

Brian Brannon (JFA) still rips on a skateboard. A lotta of the guys still surf and/or skate, too. I'm not gonna talk anyone into doing anything that they don't wanna do when it comes to skateboarding. My only rule is... HAVE FUN. Period. 'Cause if you're not, something is wrong. A few of us are headin' to The Galaxy this next Thursday. A benefit show to help offset the cancer treatment costs for one the guitarists in D.I. Let me know if you wanna go.

Back to thread content; Rick, this site is a trip... constantly clearin' out the cobwebs in my mind and reminding me of stuff. You're right about that SCS event being a poster. I DID keep one from that day. But, sadly, I think that it might be gone. I'll have get up in the attic and check. There's a chance that I still have it.

Who's playing at the Galaxy??

Rennsurfer

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2008, 07:24:22 am »

Who's playing at the Galaxy??

Rick, I don't wanna bum out any of the admin. people, so I'm gonna move this part (shows/bands/The Galaxy) of the thread over to Off Topic. Go there for the flier and band list. Thanks!

~Sarge
guillaume

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2008, 11:55:17 am »

Blaydes

Guilllaume, do I know Suicidal Tendencies.....?   Well, I guess you could say I have an "idea" who they are.  One night in Fullerton my friends band called Confederate opened for Suicidal Tendencies.  So, Cory Oldroyd (from DKK) and I were at the show and all these wanna be cholos from Venice show up and proceded to kick our North Orange County asses.  The pit was so brutal that when I fell down one time one of the cholo idiots kicked me in the face with his steel toe boot.  I was kinda bummin (and puffy).  So Cory being the big bruiser that he was, runs through the club at full speed and jumps on like 6 of them and proceeds to stake his claim back to the OC.  This basically went on all night.  Then after the show outside Icabods (the clubs name) I see Mike Muir, the lead singer, and I proceed to cuss him out three kinds of sideways.  Without thinking he ran up to me and totally punched me right in the face dropping me cold. 
They won. 
So, yes Guillaume I do know who Suicidal Tendencies are and I must say to this day I am still not a big fan.  Hah.  You like Social Distortion?  Mike Ness and I were quite cozy at one time with each other.  As well all the Adolescents and my good bros Agent Orange (saw them 2 months ago again). Thats that.

I didn't know they were so violent. I don't know Social Distortion, but I will try to hear this band.
Neil Davies

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2008, 13:02:35 pm »

Blaydes

They won. 

I didn't know they were so violent. I don't know Social Distortion, but I will try to hear this band.

I saw Suicidal Tendencies about 10-12 years ago - most violent gig I've ever been to! Shocked

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Cornpanzer

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2008, 14:08:22 pm »

WHAT???  You dont know Social D>?  Unforgivable!!!     Angry Angry Angry

Wink

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2008, 14:49:49 pm »

hey   guys this place is reserved to dkk pictures  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes............................................. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

guillaume

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2008, 15:32:45 pm »

David Fong is going to  Smiley  Grin another DVB and DKK member from the late 70's 80's.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2008, 18:28:03 pm »

jim's notch

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2008, 18:43:39 pm »

Cool

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2008, 18:46:15 pm »

i don't know why this color was named maroon for me it's red  Huh

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2008, 18:58:48 pm »

i don't know why this color was named maroon for me it's red  Huh

The color in the magazine is a little off.

team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2008, 22:57:06 pm »

I owned it, it was red. I remember Jimmy telling me it was actually an old Ford truck red.

Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: