The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 18:28:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350705 Posts in 28580 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Show us your Roll Cages Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Show us your Roll Cages Thread  (Read 6115 times)
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« on: March 03, 2009, 08:15:44 am »

I'm in doubt to install a cage and have been looking this forum and others for pictures on the different possibilities in Roll Cage building. I doubted a bit on this being a real high performance topic or rather a Cal-Look thing, but then I thought, maybe real lookers do not have cages  Wink  Still my aim is looks as well as function. So anything goes from single person hoops to full blown prison cells.

Oh, and maybe add the info on what your car is capable of and, important, legally allowed to do on the track. Say run Sub 12's, you need a cage that ties in to ... (not that I will be running anyway near 12, but this should benefit everybody  Cool)

So, pictures, pictures, pictures.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 20:42:52 pm »

Smiley

Adele AW

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 21:10:45 pm »

We went the opposite to most and had the cage tied into the body shell.We also had the funny car cage are added too for safety, does not matter how fast you are going rolling is rolling (god forbid)  Sad

The angle on the door bars are also really good for me due to my back Smiley

Not great angle pictures but you get the idea!

O/FF 621
pughdog

www.Jagerbug.com

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 22:47:51 pm »

It's not been tagged as the car has only been run at informal rwyb meets

Udo

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 23:11:52 pm »

I would take a Ron Lummus cage , so you can be shure it is legal for every needs .
Very important if you want to go racing . the rules are getting stronger during the years
Udo

Neil Davies

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 10:01:34 am »

I would take a Ron Lummus cage , so you can be shure it is legal for every needs .
Very important if you want to go racing . the rules are getting stronger during the years
Udo

I had a RLR cage for my car - I thought it could have been better to be honest. The shoulder bar was completely the wrong size for the main hoop and some of the other bars needed so much trimming off that they just didn't fit as I'd hoped. Other bars were only just long enough. I appreciate that my car was chopped and so the proportions were going to be thrown off by the shorter pillars, but even so, I wish I'd just had a cage custom built. By the time I'd bought the kit, fitted it all and tacked it in place, paid someone to Tig weld it and replace a couple of the bars that weren't right, I could have paid for a much better, tighter fitting cage.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
bodgit

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 10:57:06 am »

This is the one recently completed for mine:

Nothing too complicated as I still have to get in and out. It's tied into the body and bolts through the floorpan and there's also extra bits underneath from the rear bars that tie into the frame horns to keep it all nice and stiff.

What's it going to be capable of? I'd say scaring the crap out of me Grin
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 11:50:38 am »

Mine : Jim Smith

TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 15:58:48 pm »

Very nice!

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
pughdog

www.Jagerbug.com