The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 16:00:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  Unknown vintage steering wheel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unknown vintage steering wheel  (Read 1022 times)
Neil Davies

« on: April 06, 2018, 19:50:47 pm »

As well as my Moto Lita I've got for sale on here and the Bay, I've got this steering wheel up for grabs too. I bought it for my '51 project, but that's long gone, and as I've got a nice wheel in my Beetle (and one for my wife's very long term project) I simply don't need this one.

I bought it years ago, with everything except the rim hand painted matt black. I stripped the paint off the spokes and the boss and started to polish them but didn't get past 1000 grit wet & dry. There's no horn button, but I reckon a Mountney or something like that would fit. Early oval might work too?

Although I got it for a split bug, the boss looks like a '60's/early '70's one - I think the previous owner had it on a '72? It's quite a large diameter, probably not far off stock, and a nice slim rim too.

I've got it on eBay at the moment with a starting bid of 40 quid. You could wait it out and try to bid on it, or offer me double that and I'll end the auction early!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222912155377?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: