The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 21:05:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350727 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Project `55
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Project `55  (Read 142288 times)
kev d

« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2010, 19:53:20 pm »

Been a while since the last update but I've not forgotten about it.. Roll Eyes
Managed to get the front bulkhead all panelled out, worked out ok with 6 pieces in total.
The panels will be bonded & riveted together with 6mm rivnuts into the shell.
Not sure about the finish yet but either an anodised or brushed effect looking favorite Cool

Defiantly ruled out making SCC even in primer now, did look possible briefly but almost 8 weeks at sea ate into the garage time a bit!

Looking for a bit of inspiration at garys picnic next week & a shopping trip to so-cal next month might speed things up Wink

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2010, 22:19:40 pm »

Lookin good kev , see you at gary's , may have my own shopping list for you for so cal  Wink Kiss

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
kev d

« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2010, 15:34:49 pm »

Cheers bud Cool
You racing or spectating next weekend??

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2010, 19:12:20 pm »

Deffo Racing now , just got my sway-away axle's in the post , so I'm all set now  Cool

13.03 @ 98mph
kev d

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2010, 16:44:09 pm »

Chassis & suspension bits came back from the powder coaters this morning Grin
I'm a happy man Cool

Also bought all the paint for the shell too, really wanting to get that done!

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2010, 17:46:09 pm »

Nice kev , bitburg's only around the corner   Wink

13.03 @ 98mph
kev d

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2010, 20:59:28 pm »

It would have to be round a pretty big corner for me to have this done in time.. Wink

Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2010, 21:01:38 pm »

looking good,  Cool

Nice to catch up last week

Regards Ron

ps found you your next project

http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=645153

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
kev d

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2010, 21:21:48 pm »

Cheers matey!
Looks like I'm getting somewhere now Shocked

Weekend was good though! Next time I come down to watch I'll camp too & bring more firewater.. Wink

Spotted the ad yesterday, already had that conversation...

Cheers,
Kev

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2010, 21:40:10 pm »

Hey Kev car looking great dude was good to see you last weekend. Next time can you bring the other guys with you to (Russ and Wray) i'm missing them like a hole in the head. Cheesy

Hahaha your killing me.........
kev d

« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2010, 22:28:38 pm »

Cheers matey!

I'm sure the boys miss you too... Wink
Let me know when you boys are out again & I'll come down & make the tea Grin

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2010, 07:31:02 am »

Three week's time RWB @ shakey  Wink

13.03 @ 98mph
kev d

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2010, 09:23:41 am »

Might be able to make that..

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2010, 10:40:07 am »

Looks awesome Kev!

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2010, 15:12:18 pm »

Awsome , prob gonna field Ron's , Harvey's , Martin's and maybe mine too want to go through a few thing's before then clutch linkage pedal's etc  Wink

13.03 @ 98mph
herbieharv

13.5@99.5mph virgin

« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2010, 19:37:44 pm »

Awsome , prob gonna field Ron's , Harvey's , Martin's and maybe mine too want to go through a few thing's before then clutch linkage pedal's etc  Wink

glen you got some explaining sunday to caroline  Grin

I keep meeting cloned mates in other country's .....I'm getting worried there might be another one of me

15.00 secs in a jumbo ... Mile high club member
Ivan

« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2010, 22:39:43 pm »

Kev, good to see you again at Shakey for Gary's Picnic. Keep up the good work and don't forget - you'll never be able to beat us Sassenachs when it come to 'a few wee nips'!
Proven!
kev d

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2010, 22:47:10 pm »

Kev, good to see you again at Shakey for Gary's Picnic. Keep up the good work and don't forget - you'll never be able to beat us Sassenachs when it come to 'a few wee nips'!
Proven!

Re-match?? Wink

Cheers,
Kev

kev d

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2010, 22:57:01 pm »

Looks awesome Kev!

Cheers bud, see you in august Grin

kev d

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2010, 23:07:13 pm »

The re-fit has started!
Made a list of what's needed to get it rolling & its mostly front brakes I'm missing - Ben we need to talk Wink
Got most of the beam built but need to find a manual that has all the details about assembling the link pins & shimming it as I've never done one before.
At the other end the gearbox & vertigate are fitted and adjusted, also got the seat in.
Rear torsion bars, bushes & hydraulic pedal assy were bought in the states, hopefully by the time they arrive all the other bits will be done & that'll be it rolling / steering.
The brm's are at the blasters now & are ready to collect thursday, plan is to get the tyres mounted on the way home with them too.
Oh yes, the wife (Jo) has got me a Jaz fuel cell for my birthday next week Kiss Kiss
Cheers Grin

Bryan Nunes

« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2010, 01:45:26 am »

Hay Kev hop you had fun at the classic. Is you buddy Wray still made at you? Good idea about getting the fac book on those link pins Wink. (inside joke)
fahrvergnugen

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2010, 19:47:36 pm »

Good work, now the fun part starts.

Cheers, Paul.

Wray

« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2010, 20:11:29 pm »

Hay Kev hop you had fun at the classic. Is you buddy Wray still made at you? Good idea about getting the fac book on those link pins Wink. (inside joke)

Hi Bryan

how's life in sunny northern California?

bye the way i'm over it in fact was never mad in the first place  Cheesy

Anyway thought you had a nice 71 van lined up for me just waiting for the pictures Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Cheers

Wray
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 20:14:22 pm by Wray » Logged
kev d

« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2010, 21:36:57 pm »

Good work, now the fun part starts.

Cheers, Paul.

Very true Grin
I like finally bolting things on to stay Wink
Cheers,
Kev

Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2010, 06:56:34 am »

Kev

you should slip that fastback body you go sat there  over the top of the chassis, looks like that's already extensively lightened  Cheesy

ps What brakes are you using 

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
kev d

« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2010, 08:24:53 am »

Type 3 race car for the future maybe... Wink

Brakes are late T3 rears with early drums & stock 40mm 5 stud drums up front, I'll use a proportioning valve too.
Thats what I'll start with anyway, see how it works out!
Cheers,
Kev

kev d

« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2010, 21:21:07 pm »

Arrived home yesterday to find some shiney new bits waiting for me Grin
The stuff I bought in the states arrived (along with my newest project... Shocked) along with some other bits n bobs Grin
The drums should be back from the engineering shop tomorow & if I ever get sent the correct rear hub seals it'll be sitting on 4 wheels for the first time - thats something I'm looking forward to!
Tyres are fitted & I'm pretty happy with the rims, got the look I was hoping for Cool

Still plenty to do but at least it looks closer to the finish..

kev d

« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2010, 21:46:52 pm »

Well I spent the afternoon fitting the pedals & slave cylinder for the clutch & its all coming together ok Grin
Also have the new track rods made & rear end pretty much built.
Only thing stopping it from sitting on wheels are the drums which I'm still waiting to come back from the machine shop Roll Eyes
Hopefully get stuck into the body next week.
Looking on target for paint by xmas... Shocked

Bryan Nunes

« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2010, 01:09:52 am »

Hay kev i think you put the pedals on the wrong side!! Cheesy Cheesy
kev d

« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2010, 10:54:46 am »

So I did Shocked
Good thing I made the same mistake with the steering wheel, eh? Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: