The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:09:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350702 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  BERG 58 IDA casting imperfections
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: BERG 58 IDA casting imperfections  (Read 5183 times)
jaqo

Bugster Team

« on: March 04, 2010, 23:06:00 pm »

Here you can see some holes that are causing a fuel leak in Bugster's 58 IDA. Anyone had a similar problem?

58 vs. 48

bang

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:26:24 pm »

yes. i had the same.. mine was ex. roger crawford 58 berg.. had to sent them back to get repaired.. will get them back soon then i can see what they did with it.
jaqo

Bugster Team

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 15:57:10 pm »

I think that you can't weld it because it will warp - right?
This casting is awful, hope it will work better then it looks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 15:59:34 pm by jaqo » Logged

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 18:03:44 pm »

I would seal it Loctite Hysol 3479 HTA is your friend..
wph

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:19 am »

You can fill those holes with Belzona 1111. It holds all race and alcohol based fuels, including methanol.
The bottom of your float chamber looks like it has corroded, maybe those holes are not casting flaws.
Some of the race fuels have corrosive properties due to their additives, we were recommended to drain the
float chambers every time before longer storage. Carbs were also lubed thoroughly with WD40 or a similar
protective lubricant and we flushed the whole fuel system including pumps with fresh gasoil or diesel. 
jaqo

Bugster Team

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:40:46 am »

Thanks for your reply. I already repaired it with a some kind of a liquid metal, ported them and now they're filled with petrol - but nothing leaks. Float chamber was dirty with something white but it's clean now. Maybe you're right about corrosion - carbs were working few years ago and now they are leaking from various places...We don't know what previous owner did with them. Hope to get them repaired soon, I want to fire up the car next Wednesday.
fish

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 13:34:38 pm »

You can fill those holes with Belzona 1111. It holds all race and alcohol based fuels, including methanol.
The bottom of your float chamber looks like it has corroded, maybe those holes are not casting flaws.
Some of the race fuels have corrosive properties due to their additives, we were recommended to drain the
float chambers every time before longer storage. Carbs were also lubed thoroughly with WD40 or a similar
protective lubricant and we flushed the whole fuel system including pumps with fresh gasoil or diesel. 

X 2, Belzona 1111 is your friend

Had a fight with a Magneto, it won!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: