The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:56:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Shift gears: your tuning notes/diary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shift gears: your tuning notes/diary  (Read 12236 times)
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 11:32:15 am »

gotcha I was thinking the lean condition was at transition when you had the F11's  . by main circuit well you are describing the float bowl are you ?  I have my float bowls enlarged too

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Jim Ratto

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2015, 22:56:32 pm »

The F17 tube sure looks interesting too. Just like an F4 but even thinner... more instant fuel reserve. The F1-F5 were all designed in the early days of this style tube (and carbs that use this type, the 61450.- style that's used in IDA), in DCOE or IDM/IDA carbs, on race cars that ran on alky or fuel blend including alky. The F4, F20, F17, all have rows of holes the run well down the tube, allowing fuel to enter into bore of tube, up to static fuel level (of float bowl... that 43mm we check for from carb top). As the vacuum increases @ aux venturi, air pressure on fuel reserve in center of these tubes will "emulsify" all the way up the RPM range. The F2 won't allow this. The F11 is better suited to small cc 1600-1800 engines with mild cams, like F9.
I'm going to do more work. IDF and IDA run different because of how idle jet/progression circuits are supplied with fuel.

So far, still, the F4 runs best- even with wilder cam in my car.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: