The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 00:35:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350727 Posts in 28581 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  LYNN ROSEVEAR OF AUTO HAUS PASSES
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: LYNN ROSEVEAR OF AUTO HAUS PASSES  (Read 16719 times)
BugginBobby

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 00:49:49 am »

Rest in Peace, Lynn.

I was a neighbor of Lynn's back in the early 80s.  Great guy.

Anyone know whatever became of his wife at the time, Cheryl?  She used to work at Auto Haus.
ESH

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 21:29:18 pm »

Sorry to see this. Thoughts to family and friends.   Sad

From what people have said obviously a good man and a great company. RIP. Smiley

johnl

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 20:45:04 pm »

I came into work today (Saturday) to catch up on some things and found an e-mail from Tammy Rosevear to me along with others.  Here is the link from that e-mail that I thought some of you would enjoy seeing.  This is also a photo of Lynn I've not seen before, but what Tammy writes is pretty much dead on.  I hope you all find some inspiration in this.  http://www.redbubble.com/people/tkrosevear/art/4759026-1-the-gift-of-love

Another part of this sad story is this received in an e-mail from her yesterday:  "Lost our retriever the day after Lynn, she drowned in the pond – guess he wanted his dog with him…"

John

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
kingsburgphil

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 02:40:57 am »

I suspect his Retriever wanted to be with him. Rest in Peace Lynn  Cry
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 06:14:36 am »

To Tammy and Lynn's surviving family, we offer our deepest sympathies. The loss of a loved one is always difficult.

Rick & Anne Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Downhiller

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 05:42:08 am »

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts. The entire Rosevear family will miss my father very much. I was only about 11 years old when Auto Haus closed shop. Now 40, it's great to see how he touched so many lives. Though I was young at the time, I do remember many of you from my numerous visits. Growing up around the Auto Haus scene was awesome for a kid...experiencing the Bug In, Baja De Saddleback, and other race events. It seems Auto Haus stickers were everywhere. I have great respect for my father and his accomplishments. He had the heart to adopt me and my brother and give us both excellent childhoods. He always wanted the best for us, whether is was a new BMX bike, YZ 80, or great travels to places like several Club Meds. I'll miss all the camping and desert trips. Not only did he provide us with all the toys we could ever want, but the love as well. My dad was a very caring person. I lost count on how many times he went out of his way to help others less fortunate than him. I'm lucky to still live on the same Lake Elsinore land he purchased back in the mid 70's. Wanting his family closer, he helped me put a home on the back lot next to him. Everyday I walk around I'm reminded of him. He spent years helping me build my patios, adding a well, irrigation, fencing, etc. I stop in thought everytime I hear the wind blowing through the many Pine trees he helped me plant. Thanks to him, I have a beautiful place to raise my family. Though I wasn't as close to him the last few years when he moved to Washington, I'm very glad to know he absolutely loved it up there. They had over 25 acres on the Naches river. The river fed 4 ponds that encircled the house. Evertime we spoke, he would just rave on about the abundace of animals and beauty.....it's where he wanted to be. I love my dad very much and am sad to see him go. I'll miss his love, words of wisdom, humor, and all around good nature. Thanks again to all of you. Lenny Rosevear   
Diane

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2010, 01:32:14 am »

So sorry to hear of the death of Lynn Rosevear.   My brother, Dave Deal, was the artist who made that wonderful Auto Haus logo for him.  Dave died 1 1/2 years ago.  Our family is still recovering from that loss....it takes some time when a giant of a man passes.  So, to the Rosevear family and friends...concentrate on the good times and think about the wonderful and exciting lives these guys had.  Oh yes...Dave drove lots of fast cars and in many wild races...he did some
things that most people only dream of doing....and he loved every moment of it.  There was a time when VWs were everywhere you looked....we used to count them on the road.  I still have my old 55...and I remember when David gave me a little oval sticker that he made for some guy in Buena Park....a little red VW...I liked it and stuck it on the dash of my car.   It was there for many, many years...and just recently removed and the whole car is repainted.   I wish I had
another sticker....... Diane Deal Tollefson 

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47:52 am »

Not only the world... but the VW realm lost two greats, right there.

Godspeed.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
tklynn

weasels wif

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 16:33:07 pm »

Thanks so much to John and you all for sharing such amazing stories - it brings me great peace during this very difficult time.
Lynn so enjoyed catching up with you all these last several months, since John shared this site with us and although we weren't very active in the forums, he read all of John's posts, as well as a few others.
As you may imagine, life got interesting, overwhelming and of course, I miss him like crazy...
With sincere gratitude and heartfelt thoughts of you all - thank you soooo much for your thoughts and prayers.
Tammy (tkrosevear)

Lynn & TK Rosevear

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 00:14:38 am »

Thank you for sharing that.
We miss him too.
 Cry
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: