The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 20:02:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350703 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  VW Gasser Garage pre Volksworld Sneak Peak "RACE SHOP BUS"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: VW Gasser Garage pre Volksworld Sneak Peak "RACE SHOP BUS"  (Read 16396 times)
AntLockyer

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:39 am »

Saw it today and words cannot describe how perfect it is... Great job guys! Cool Cool

ditto, although would have loved to have seen it outside and not behind the ropes. I also looekd at Tar Babe for 30 minutes.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
Jo Clifford

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 18:58:57 pm »

Saw it today and words cannot describe how perfect it is... Great job guys! Cool Cool

ditto, although would have loved to have seen it outside and not behind the ropes. I also looekd at Tar Babe for 30 minutes.

Smiley

https://linktr.ee/Redheadautoupholstery?utm_source=linktree_profile_share

http://www.rjvolksperformance.com/

Living the dream, not just talking about it ;o)

"Don't talk, just bring it" - Hector Urias
Wray

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 19:52:32 pm »

I still can't believe the muppet that thought he would try and see if the Gold leafing would peel off as though it was a sticker Angry
richie

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 20:29:58 pm »

I still can't believe the muppet that thought he would try and see if the Gold leafing would peel off as though it was a sticker Angry

and not just one person,we witnessed several doing this

What makes a normal person think it is ok to try picking at the pinstriping/paintwork/gold leaf etc on a vehicle at a car show to see if it will peel off or not,or even touching it at all,its not yours leave it alone Roll Eyes

then when politely asked not to touch it,look surprised & bemused to be told they shouldnt do it,absolute XXXXs Angry Angry Angry

Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
AntLockyer

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 21:26:39 pm »

Thanks for the pics Jo.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
58vw

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 01:37:39 am »

and not just one person,we witnessed several doing this

What makes a normal person think it is ok to try picking at the pinstriping/paintwork/gold leaf etc on a vehicle at a car show to see if it will peel off or not,or even touching it at all,its not yours leave it alone Roll Eyes

then when politely asked not to touch it,look surprised & bemused to be told they shouldnt do it,absolute XXXXs Angry Angry Angry

Richie

must be a european thing.... Grin because that would never happen here!... Grin lol just goes to show you STUPID is EVERYWERE
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:41:06 am by 58vw » Logged

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:01 am »

Smiley

I thought the original truck said chicano and not econo ! kidden! Looks good guys

l

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Troy Palmer

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 04:24:13 am »

Amazing- you had people at the show trying to pick at the lettering?  Did anyone question them?
richie

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:53 am »

Amazing- you had people at the show trying to pick at the lettering?  Did anyone question them?

Yes Russell did to a few of them,they just didnt get it,the space we were allocated was just not big enough,the barriers were right against the back of the bus allowing people to lean over and touch it!!!!

richie

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 08:32:11 am »

must be a european thing.... Grin because that would never happen here!... Grin

Guns?   Wink

cheers richie

Dominick Luppino

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 15:33:53 pm »

When my son was a child he went to allot of car shows and was taught to keep your hands in his pockets and never touch anyone's car, funny thing is he is now 32 still goes to car shows and when he gets close to a car his hands go into his pockets!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 16:07:26 pm by Dominick Luppino » Logged
TiDi

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 15:46:41 pm »

must be a european thing.... Grin because that would never happen here!... Grin

Guns?   Wink

cheers richie

That would be a good deterrent!  Grin

4 Wheel Ripperz - http://cal-look.tumblr.com/
richie

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 16:27:37 pm »

When my son was a child he went to allot of car shows and was taught to keep your hands in his pockets and never touch anyone's car, funny thing is he is now 32 still goes to car shows and when he gets close to a car his hands go into his pockets!

If only more parents taught there kids some respect for other peoples property it would be a better place we live in Roll Eyes You obvioulsy did a good job there Dom,or Denise did Wink

But in fairness these werent kids,one was proberly late 40s,the rest adults, and all the kids seemed to behave around the cars from what I saw

cheers richie

deano

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 16:40:28 pm »

Well, now that I have seen photos of the Race Shop hauler done and outside, I now have a new favorite among the RR collection. Wanta trade?  Grin

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Jeff68

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 17:49:28 pm »

That's funny, I still do the same thing and I'm 47!  I think (hope) that people who can't keep their hands off a car done to this level do it because they have no idea what it takes ($$ and labor) to do work like this. If they do know what it takes to do this level of work then shame on them!

It's kinda like people I see sometimes that put their feet (with shoes on or off) on the dashboard of a car.  That drives me nuts when I see that....
Russell

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 19:39:42 pm »

Well, now that I have seen photos of the Race Shop hauler done and outside, I now have a new favorite among the RR collection. Wanta trade?  Grin

Deano no problem, send me the details of the locations for IP 1 and 2, the Deano 1st and second car, a pot of gold and we could work a deal.  ;DB

Best Regards

Russell
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 20:02:01 pm »

Deano no problem, send me the details of the locations for IP 1 and 2, the Deano 1st and second car, a pot of gold and we could work a deal.  ;DB

Sounds like a good deal  Grin Wink
deano

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 21:55:06 pm »

Here's a Bug-In shot of the famous Race Shop Double Cab with Bentley at the controls, towing Darrell's Fiat to the starting line ... If only this truck could talk about its past! I think this is a Ron Fleming photo...

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Russell

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2012, 22:14:04 pm »

looks like the blue beetle in the background was Dave Andrews car Huh

Best Regards

Russell
beatnik beetle

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2012, 09:34:01 am »

Great photo, let's hope that when it gets featured there are plenty of old photo's as well, again honoured to be involved with the restoration of such a cool piece of VW Drag Racing history..Si
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 19:21:03 pm »

Any sneaky peaks of the 67's to go with the bus??

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: