The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 19:13:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350746 Posts in 28584 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Dutch scene?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Dutch scene?  (Read 140446 times)
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2007, 22:55:38 pm »

Going to adjust the carb linkage loosely for tomorrows adjusting, hit the music and then the sack. Bye Guys.

Done ? Not Yet.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2007, 01:02:24 am »

Hi,In Budel we wil have oure own clubstand.

Yes indeed, should be a nice treat  Grin

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
JeePee/DVK

« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2007, 22:34:40 pm »

OK,today we had a afternoon cruise.
Nice,and 80% of the DVK was there.

Type 1 1964 2276cc IDA with Berg-5
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2007, 01:53:41 am »

i know it's not as good as jim's threads  Wink
but i couldn't help posting this one pic, i think it looks pretty cool...
...don't mind the custom looker with type 4 engine and noisy ahnendorp exhaust in front of me  Wink
my 1300 sp kept up with it pretty nicely, right jordy?  Cheesy

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
quickkafer

German-Pride.com

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2007, 21:43:33 pm »

I like the way you guys think in this thread...

"Narrowed beams are for Dorks! Grin "

"Type 4 Engines in a Cal-Look are a no no."

It's great to see such dedication out of such a small group of die VW friends!  I can definitely relate to you guys.  Before I moved to the desert southwest part of the US, I lived in wet, cold, damp, wintery western New York.  There were no real VW Cal-Look fans in the area.  I WAS THE CLUB.  I had 3 members: ME, MYSELF, and I.  Grin

If it weren't for my internet friends on the Cal-Look forum, I don't know what I would have done!  Huh

Scott Faivre

Sarge

« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2007, 00:44:17 am »

Funny, I've looked through this thread a few times and enjoyed the cars...Just never gave much thought until I read an article in this months Rodders Journal.  The article is about a serious hot-rod enthusiast from the Netherlands who is into photography...specificaly colorized black and white photos.  The RJ staff interviewed this guy and you'd think that he had a rod himself, but he dosen't....he dosen't even own a drivers license!  Reason being, according to him, is that it costs roughly $5 an HOUR to PARK a car...about $30,000 a year!   Shocked Shocked Shocked  Hat's off you to guys...no wonder there's only a few of you in the pictures  Cool!!

DKP III
Jordy/DVK

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2007, 13:36:32 pm »

I don't know how the guy came up with the bullcrap, but I don't pay $5,- an hour to park my car... Grin
 It might cost $5,- in Amsterdam (and other cities), but most of the people who live there have a free-parking-license or something...

I pay € 75.- a year insurance, € 0.- a year tax, and € 1.40 for one litre gasoline... and parking is absolutely 100% free... Grin

(getting my drivers license has cost me about € 1800,- though, that's not as easy over here as in the USA I guess... and it's obligatory to take lessons and do examn in a stick-shift car.. otherwise you'll get a note on your license... but that'd be a cheap excuse for not driving a bug... )

Proud member of:
  "The Full-Throttle Cruisers"

1951 medium brown splitwindow beetle (resto in progress)
1968 Cal-look(-a-like) (my daily driver)
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2007, 15:15:36 pm »

Well i can sort of see what Sarge means. When i still lived in Rotterdam parking was an issue, i didn't have to pay for it though.
And so it can be a problem if i'd move to work in Amsterdam and choose not park my beetle at my parent's anymore...

But you're right on the numbers Jordy  Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
Jordy/DVK

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2007, 16:18:11 pm »

Yeah in Eindhoven parking was an issue too, it can be a problem, but nonetheless I know someone who's building a hotrod there.. so..
 In my opinion the guy is just making up lame-ass excuses for not driving a hot-rod. Wink Grin

Proud member of:

Harry/FDK

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2007, 16:25:43 pm »

Hey Dudes, Is anybody going to Ninove on Sunday ?

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2007, 16:27:12 pm »

BTW, DVK cars Rock !

Done ? Not Yet.
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2007, 19:55:46 pm »

thanks hurry  Wink

i wanted to go but i have exams coming up  Roll Eyes
gotta get my priorities sorted, otherwise i'll have to do retakes around budel-EBI time...

Undecided

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
Diederick/DVK

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2007, 20:43:54 pm »

Thanks Jim!  Grin
I'm gonna sort out the stance with JeePee in 2 weeks, hopefully thrown on the 205 but then i have to get the outer ring of my rear wheels painted again and i'm short on time right now.

I'm very determined on getting it to look right this season  Cool

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
poncho

'we can fix it but it won't be pretty'

« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2007, 21:29:16 pm »

Hi,

The Dutchies are by far the coolest and devoted.... I have some very good friends there and the love for life and cars and friendshp is real. Last year, myself and and friends went to 'geezerfest' (a muckabout) over to Utrecht to see Pim (PLOON) and Jeroen (okrasa geeza) and Luna de Puna.....

Anyway, as I say, lovely people, and a lust that is refreshing. I am a member of the netherlands VW club and went to the barn of club spares, what can I say, a real supply for the needy. Off the top of my head, A crate of NOS 25hp heads and 12 NOS schwimmer carbs.....OG panels as far as you can see, (no kiddin) all for those who really care.  oh and the official records of every VW sold in holland for 30 years. that was worth a look. Wink

Just musing, they are my mates and long live the Dutchies

Lookin forward to Bad Camberg and European Bug In 2007

GET IN

Andy

Nice to be part of the site, It's a refreshing change for me

DRR

PONCHO VW SERVICES
'for all your air cooled needs'
Servicing North Essex since 2005
Andy     07840 874 827
Sander/DVK

« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2007, 21:31:45 pm »

Funny, I've looked through this thread a few times and enjoyed the cars...Just never gave much thought until I read an article in this months Rodders Journal.  The article is about a serious hot-rod enthusiast from the Netherlands who is into photography...specificaly colorized black and white photos.  The RJ staff interviewed this guy and you'd think that he had a rod himself, but he dosen't....he dosen't even own a drivers license!  Reason being, according to him, is that it costs roughly $5 an HOUR to PARK a car...about $30,000 a year!   Shocked Shocked Shocked  Hat's off you to guys...no wonder there's only a few of you in the pictures  Cool!!
Yeah, we have to pay for everything. We even have to pay tax about our tax! Cheesy
Sometime's I dream how it is to live in the states. A huge garage next to your house, very cheap parts and a hamburger restaurant on every corner of the street. O boy o boy Grin Grin

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Sander/DVK

« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2007, 21:34:22 pm »

Anyway, as I say, lovely people, and a lust that is refreshing. I am a member of the netherlands VW club and went to the barn of club spares, what can I say, a real supply for the needy. Off the top of my head, A crate of NOS 25hp heads and 12 NOS schwimmer carbs.....OG panels as far as you can see, (no kiddin) all for those who really care.  oh and the official records of every VW sold in holland for 30 years. that was worth a look. Wink

Funny to see how you guys think about us. Thnx Wink

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
poncho

« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2007, 21:41:54 pm »

Funny to see how you guys think about us. Thnx Wink

Lovely, what can I say  Smiley

In all absolute honesty, the only americans into VW I ever met were Rich Kimble and Ron Flemming, 2 years back at BBT's barby on the way to Hessisch.. Ron said me and my mate Tez reminded of him back in the day.......

I will die a happy man Grin Wink

Look forward to meeting all of you sometime

Andy Poncho

GET IN

PONCHO VW SERVICES
Andy     07840 874 827
Sarge

« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2007, 21:58:52 pm »

Yeah, we have to pay for everything. We even have to pay tax about our tax! Cheesy
Sometime's I dream how it is to live in the states. A huge garage next to your house, very cheap parts and a hamburger restaurant on every corner of the street. O boy o boy Grin Grin

Hmmm, sometimes I catch myself dreaming of Amsterdam and those cool little "bars" you have there...probably a 60's thing, ya think? Wink  The important thing here is that there IS a Dutch scene and that you have very nice cars!  Cool

DKP III
poncho

« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2007, 22:09:50 pm »

I like my car in the weeds

PONCHO VW SERVICES
Andy     07840 874 827
Jordy/DVK

« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2007, 22:13:55 pm »

Don't do weed, that's boring... try hallucinogenic chocolate bars... they might provide you with a whole new insight to the California look... Grin

http://peety-passion.com/peetypassion/2006/08/21/hallucinogenic-chocolate-bars/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 22:16:27 pm by Jordy/DVK » Logged

Proud member of:

Andi/DFL

« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2007, 23:27:53 pm »

I have to admit, that some years (7-8 years) ago, I thought, that the dutch scene was strange. Strange cars somehow, but great parties and very nice people. Sometimes, you saw two or three cool cars (I remember seeing JeePee's blue looker for the first time in Budel and going around (and under) it for 5 minutes - it had it all). Then I met Dokke and his family and was even more convinced, that you just have to look for the right people, no matter from which country the are. I think the Cal Look "spirit" is growing in Holland, nice to see that!

And Amsterdam is amazing. Spent a wonderful week with the missus there.

Harry/FDK

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2007, 20:09:41 pm »

Hi Jordy, cool chocolate bar site. Some of us have to eat one of those prior to Budel...

Done ? Not Yet.
Sander/DVK

« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2007, 21:26:12 pm »

Hé Hurry, I saw a picture of your car in Ninove this weekend, and I remember the text of yout licence plate.

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Sander/DVK

« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2007, 21:27:57 pm »

I search in my magazines, and I found the Vw Käfer&co from 2002 with your car in it

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Harry/FDK

« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2007, 21:53:21 pm »

Oh Man...I'm gettin' OLD. BTW, NINOVE Rocks.

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2007, 21:59:52 pm »

Thanks Sander, next year DVK and FDK should team up and hit Ninove. It really was a blast. You really get the vibes for the coming summer.

Done ? Not Yet.
Jordy/DVK

« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2007, 22:00:47 pm »

Weird coloured mufflers, what make are those?
 And do I see a fake DKP sticker in the side windows...  Shocked  Angry  Wink

Too bad I couldn't come to Ninove, but sold my Shorrock that day and got quid for real HP... Wink
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 22:03:39 pm by Jordy/DVK » Logged

Proud member of:

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2007, 22:01:40 pm »

yesterday at freddy files  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Sander/DVK

« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2007, 22:04:27 pm »

Thanks Sander, next year DVK and FDK should team up and hit Ninove. It really was a blast. You really get the vibes for the coming summer.
Yeah, who knows. Wink I saw a lot of nice pictures of the Freddy Files.

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2007, 22:09:10 pm »

another one sander  i saw you yesterday but you don't recognized me  Roll Eyes.... Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: