The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:34:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350762 Posts in 28587 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  BFY finally closes.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: BFY finally closes.  (Read 4529 times)
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« on: November 10, 2009, 10:49:38 am »

Well ,after reading about 30 pages of negative feedback from BFY; shop finally closes it doors.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95624&start=740&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:52:51 am by vdubkid » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:56:23 am »

Shame, but from i read no surprise

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 13:32:58 pm »

Wow, I used to order a lot of parts from them.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 14:13:45 pm »

Shame, but from i read no surprise

Agreed. Shocked that it didn't happen sooner. Had a bad experience there. But it was great when Rich K. owned it. Never had a problem and enjoyed it, back in those days.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Donny B.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 14:28:45 pm »

Agreed. Shocked that it didn't happen sooner. Had a bad experience there. But it was great when Rich K. owned it. Never had a problem and enjoyed it, back in those days.

DITTO!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 14:34:49 pm »

DITTO!

I agree, was a great place "way back when".
 Cry
cal-look 56

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 15:35:13 pm »

Things changed for sure when Rich sold it.  Oh well.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 18:19:13 pm »

I always liked to go see all the parts they had, but the prices from both owners were a bit spendy if you ask me, if you looked around a little you could find the same part for 1/2 the price.  But the few times I did do business with Darren he always treated me well, just my 2c.

plasticblack

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 20:59:01 pm »

I only know BFY from the History and great tales of Treasure Hunting & Lost NOS Stashes?

I think for VW people from the 'Jurassic Period' like myself it's hard to understand the changes that have taken place in the VW Business World during the last 35+ years, but an element of people that could be described as less than honest have managed to enter the Scene and in some cases establish themselves over time.

These elements have not 'destroyed' the VW Scene by their presence, but they have added to a general decline in standards in that does have an effect on the scene?

I've been in the VW business for nearly 30 years and things can and do go wrong, with even the best run businesses... It would seem that several changes of ownership led a once well respected (and trusted) VW business to decline in such spectacular style & if things are to be believed the Final Owner of BFY simply didn't have the required  tools to do the job...

Obviously there are many factors we can only guess at right now, but I do feel for anyone that's been let down financially by BFY because in this economic climate it will be hard to get things put right financially for those involved.

Also we'd should remember that some probably decent people have lost employment here and will be unemployed at a pretty bad time and that sucks when it's the result of bad management and little else?

Hopefully as one door closes another one can open and somebody else with better qualifications can fill the gap left by BFY.

Here's hoping  Smiley

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 02:11:36 am »

I had a bad experience with them a couple years ago. Took them 6 months to sort it, but they finally did with quite a bit of prodding.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
bugnut68

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 02:25:21 am »

Last time I stopped by BFY, I spoke with Darren directly... he didn't say much, only chuckled and kept saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 03:23:18 am »

Makes you wonder.... Huh

VW Classic 2012
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 17:55:21 pm »

Last time I stopped by BFY, I spoke with Darren directly... he didn't say much, only chuckled and kept saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

Like I always say... if you're going to do it wrong, do it right!! Cheesy

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
bugnut68

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 19:18:03 pm »

For clarity's sake, realizing not everyone understands a Dave Chappelle reference, my post was in pure silliness...I know Zach recognizes it Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: