The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 18:59:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350700 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  right wheels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: right wheels  (Read 11002 times)
davvide

« on: November 16, 2006, 20:09:05 pm »

I guy,

which wheels advised to me?

I like fuchs and rader but i'm very confused

DeanoVW

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 20:33:20 pm »

Nice bug.
Any period wheels would look  Cool in my opinion.
BRM's or centrelines would be my first choices  Grin
bullitt

everything as it was at the good old days.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 21:17:03 pm »

as i told to davvide in person  one of the last evenings at the club:
brm and fuchs are wonderful and rader too.
but we have seen alot of brm and fuchs and rader is not ( in my opinion ) the right wheel for a dechromed car. too old in design for it.

my choice would be a satin finish centerline with bolts......

wht u think guys?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 21:18:57 pm by bullitt » Logged
Mauro Cattan

Manovra So Cal

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 21:19:43 pm »

Ciao Davvive come va?

you already know my opinion but if I must to vote, I vote for originals Rader. Look at the Hervé's car, it's simply magnificent with the original Rader and the right tires!!!

Ciao
Mauro

jick

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 21:24:25 pm »

I think that your centerline choice is a good one......here are my opinions.....(sorry, but you did ask! Cheesy)

Fuchs....nice wheels but far too many around, it seems like every other car has them & not really original cal look.
Radars....just ugly...thats all i can say about them!

javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 23:08:10 pm »

Chromies with no caps, brakes painted satin black.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
bathing ape

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 23:13:43 pm »

still lovin fuchs(early) and sprintstars,og empi eight spokes are also Cool
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 23:15:53 pm »

My first choice would be Empi Sprints. BRM/Fuchs are way cool but they've become belly buttons... especially with the copies available. If my car wasn't already converted to 4 lug, Sprints would be going on it.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 23:17:11 pm »

I don't know why we don't see more cars like this... It's a great look IMHO.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Tobi/DFL

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 23:26:04 pm »

My first choice would be centerlines as it would be a great contrast to the darkish dechromed body.
jick

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 23:37:29 pm »

I don't know why we don't see more cars like this... It's a great look IMHO.

yeah....i'd agree with that...

. or how about some stock solid steels, with the rears banded out to 6-or-7" for the ultimate sleeper look......i'm after some for my '59 as an alternative set of wheels....

bullitt

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 23:49:13 pm »

i agrre with you rick thts a nice look.
davide's car is very simple , cool, and even cheap......
aren't we goin too far with those too much gloss standards??? and with money?? aren't we forgetting real roots of cal look?
i don't think dkp 1 cars were so perfect or expensive like today.....today cars have chrome under the frame......exagerated??
( iam the same preistoric thinkin fellow.....)
Russell

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 00:23:26 am »

ERCO,s

Best Regards

Russell
Russell

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 00:25:10 am »

sorry a tad lower as well would help.....

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 00:27:04 am »

1: American Racing 5 spoke mags or Cal parts if you can get them to fit or ET's
2: Centerlines
3: DDS or ERCOS
4: Fuchs - But only if they are painted in original porsche style
5: OG BRM's

You either "Get It" or you don't......
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 03:47:53 am »

Its a nice simple car, don't be afraid of a nice simple look.  That's what the cal-look is really all about.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 05:56:57 am »

Porsche Chromies And Porsche Nipple Caps Were And Original Cal Look Wheel Lots of the Orange County Lookers ran them back in the late 70's you hardly see them at all any more Also Centerlines were a good Choice back then The Cal Looks of Today have Gone WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY  Futher then any Original Cal Look Cars. Look at DKP Today The Cars all look the Same, Same Wheels,Same Tires,Motors Look The Same, Same Exhaust, Same Steering Wheels,the Only thing that makes them a little Different Is The Color. The Old DKP Cars all Ran Different Wheels,All Cars Were Dechromed, Bumpers were either T Bars or Buggy Bumpers, Single 4 Tuned QP Header,Cal Look Cars Built Back In The 70's Were not all Chromed Out like todays Cars  The DKP Club Has Always Had Very Nice Cars but over the Years The Cal Look has Faded away And A New Resto Rod has Taken its Place. Cars today are more like a restoration all the chrome left on roof racks it seems like what ever they make these days someone will buy it and hang another accessory on there car. Most of the New Generation Do Not Know What A Real Cal Look Is Because They See The Cars In Hot VW's of Today And Think Thats The Ticket It Not About who has more Chrome or who has more Money Its About A Look For the VW That Appeared in the Early 70's And Has Lived On over 31 Years  Wheels Of The Original ERA!  Chromies and Porsche hubcaps,O.G. BRM's,Empi 5 Spokes,Empi 8 Spokes, American Racing 5 Spokes,Deano Super Lites,Big Wheels,Centerlines, Porsche Alloys,Early Riviera's,Empi Sprint Stars. Thats The Original Cal Look Line UP On Wheels Everything Else Came Later!!!!!  Raders,Gas Burners,Erco's ETC.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 06:06:34 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
alex d

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:27 am »

chromies, or even better, painted grey like the original porsche wheels?
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 09:27:04 am »

Porsche Chromies And Porsche Nipple Caps Were And Original Cal Look Wheel Lots of the Orange County Lookers ran them back in the late 70's you hardly see them at all any more Also Centerlines were a good Choice back then The Cal Looks of Today have Gone WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY  Futher then any Original Cal Look Cars. Look at DKP Today The Cars all look the Same, Same Wheels,Same Tires,Motors Look The Same, Same Exhaust, Same Steering Wheels,the Only thing that makes them a little Different Is The Color. The Old DKP Cars all Ran Different Wheels,All Cars Were Dechromed, Bumpers were either T Bars or Buggy Bumpers, Single 4 Tuned QP Header,Cal Look Cars Built Back In The 70's Were not all Chromed Out like todays Cars  The DKP Club Has Always Had Very Nice Cars but over the Years The Cal Look has Faded away And A New Resto Rod has Taken its Place. Cars today are more like a restoration all the chrome left on roof racks it seems like what ever they make these days someone will buy it and hang another accessory on there car. Most of the New Generation Do Not Know What A Real Cal Look Is Because They See The Cars In Hot VW's of Today And Think Thats The Ticket It Not About who has more Chrome or who has more Money Its About A Look For the VW That Appeared in the Early 70's And Has Lived On over 31 Years  Wheels Of The Original ERA!  Chromies and Porsche hubcaps,O.G. BRM's,Empi 5 Spokes,Empi 8 Spokes, American Racing 5 Spokes,Deano Super Lites,Big Wheels,Centerlines, Porsche Alloys,Early Riviera's,Empi Sprint Stars. Thats The Original Cal Look Line UP On Wheels Everything Else Came Later!!!!!  Raders,Gas Burners,Erco's ETC.

Could'nt agree more!!
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 11:56:01 am »

Its nice to hear it once in a while, the term "New Resto Rod" would not be far off in describing the TOP cal-lookers of today....  I must say, I like BOTH....  but for me... now... I´m going for a period look... 

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
davvide

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 13:50:58 pm »

Thank you to all guys....

I like centerline but if i use the car on the street.... brake aren't overheated?

For tires i choose firestone wide oval

The wheels' choiche is so hardly!!!!!!!   Undecided

lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 20:50:35 pm »

More people should start to think like Shubee! Let the real cal-look live again!

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Lee.C

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 23:49:20 pm »

so I'm not the only one that thinks the cars of today are a little too good looking then - Also I like that term "new resto rod"  Wink

Tobi/DFL

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 00:34:41 am »

No, you aren´t, Monkiboy! Wink
Lee.C

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 02:07:57 am »

good I thought it was just me  Wink Cheesy

bullitt

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 11:27:53 am »

sure monki, too good lookin....crzy amount of money.....not really different from original.....never drive them....show car only.....
where is the fun guys?

all the time i finish a new OLD volkswagen i  imagine to buy a new car........yes, ok , it is new....but it is made for driving....so let's go...

when i retired my shitty seat ibiza diese from the dealer as new....i nver thought to leave it in the garage...... Cheesy

in my opinion is simply a crazy thing to put a cal car on the trailer.....it's not a gasser....it have to be moved on its wheels.

makin cry all lancia integrale and mitsu evo you find on the road at verey traffic light.
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 19:07:51 pm »

Thanks Guys It Nice To Know There Are Still People out there that Appreciate The Real Cal Looks of the 70's I Feel A Car Was Built to drive Big Motor or Not Why Have If It Cant Be Seen Lets Show Off those Real Cal Looks and Let The Resto Rods have there place along with the trailer Queen Show Cars if your going to spend the cash Put it in the Motor and lets go Street Racin Again  LOL  70's put out 150 H.P. Plus and were Driven Daily What Happend to those Days?? I Would Really Like To See Some Nice OLD SCHOOL CAL LOOKS Back In Hot VW's Again.   Time To Give all the Chrome Glitter,and Billet Aluminum A Rest ....   Thats Just My Out Look On This .. Thanks Guys.....

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 21:23:23 pm »

Yup....Let's get those small people car back on the streets again........To me it took some courage to do it....thinking I had a race car......my eyes opened due to a few friends like Mark Herbert and Roger Karlsson showing it could be done........done like using a fast street VW on the streets!!!! So, please, Hot VW and Ultra VW and Volksworld.....Show us some ink on the REAL street cars from "where the streets have no name" .................Nothing beats a wheelie outside the local hamburger bar!! Cool
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 03:25:38 am »

Nothing better then blowing the doors off a mustang or camaro on the street and let not forget those rice rockets

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
davvide

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 15:58:42 pm »

for you is better 185/70 or 205/70?