The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 15:33:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  More Cal-Look Music - Look what I scored!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: More Cal-Look Music - Look what I scored!  (Read 2417 times)
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« on: November 25, 2006, 01:51:38 am »

Mango's thread on music and Cal-Look reminded me of cruising my '67 back in the early 80s. Since then I've been trying to track down a CD copy of an album that brings back memories of that time.

In the late '70s early 80's and even into today, the big radio station in the LA area was 106.7 KROQ... which everyone called The ROQ (rock). Every Saturday and Sunday night, they turned over the microphone to Rodney Bigenhiemer for his "Rodney on the ROQ" show. I remember many nights cruisin around LA/OC listening to Rodney. He was famous for breaking up and coming bands way before anyone else.

In the late '80s, Posh Boy records release "The Best of Rodney on the ROQ." All though Rodney doesn't appear on the album, it's a pretty accurate of a typical show. It has his opening and closing themes as well as a ton of Punk bands that he broke like Agent Orange, Redd Kross. The Adolescents, Circle Jerks and The Vandals.

I think this is gonna be the 1st tunes through my 67s Blaupunkt Manhattan... assuming it still works!  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 11:02:29 am »

Hey Rick,

I' ve recently discovered this band called Wolfmother, sonds great, give them a try too...

http://www.wolfmother.com/

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:29:53 am »

THere's a TV show in the US that uses a Wolfmother song for the opening credits.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 09:17:28 am »

I saw Wolfmother at the Roskilde Festival (DK) this summer. They kicked some serious ass!

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: