The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:57:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Driving around with the confidence of 12 sec power, on the street.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Driving around with the confidence of 12 sec power, on the street.  (Read 2066 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: November 27, 2006, 22:44:13 pm »

Thinking about a number of years ago, when I was running close 4-speed and big 2276 motor in my '67, and how fun it was to pilot it around the local hangouts. Taking even brief highway trips was a different story, of course, thanks to 1.14 4th/4.375:1. HUH? WHAT DID YOU SAY?

But for whipping ass on the local streets, what fun it was to storm around with that motor and trans....it was cool knowing under my right foot was enough guts to go toe with just about anything with license plates. I ran around for a few weeks with my MH's mounted on the rims, and one day, had to stop by my Dad's house for something. As I pulled up in front, he was outside, smoking a cig, and glared at me as I parked. He grew to hate my car over the years....as it got faster and louder and less practical. He secretly knew all of this was his fault, but would never admit it. As I walked up the driveway, he threw down his cigarette butt in disgust and asked accusingly "Who the hell do you think you are running those tires on the street?!!!" I just played dumb...."Huh? What? Oh....those. I forgot to swap them out. Oh well" Yeah, forgot....right, as on the way over I ran some gears with an RX7 Turbo.... Grin
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 23:31:33 pm »

Hmmm,

Might be a little of subject but, a funny story anyway...

The day I received me drivers License, my Driving Teacher asked my Mom what Car I would get, she said that i already had a Bug....telling him she isn't scared cause these things are Slow.... Wink

Teacher replied, you know these Kids can make every Car go fast, even a Bug.... Cheesy

And what did I Do... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Frank
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 23:36:21 pm by Frank LUX » Logged

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: