The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 00:08:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350701 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  One day I went racing.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: One day I went racing.  (Read 3118 times)
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« on: December 04, 2006, 21:08:26 pm »

So me and my friend Roger Karlsson with his Boulevard Bomber met up after a late night jam session in the garage changing the clutch in my car. It was ealy in the morning and a little foggy but the sun comming up promising a good day. We, the knights of free Volkswagens, started our engines and without to many word got going. Our aim was a local racetrack about 50 miles away. We got the cars out on the road and not too many more cars were out there this early. Speed got up to 60 mph and after about 10 miles we passed our friends in their full tilt, cut up fuull framed Barracuda 65 race car on there race trailer going to the race.....we passed them and wawed at them, smiling and driving our cars on the road with no trailer in sight Smiley So after a lot of miles and no stops we got to the entrance. Obstacle no 1!!! We were not allowed to take that route as it was only open to racers and not stock cars!!!! So after a small chat we fouled this guy that we had actual race cars, he did not belive us, but shaked his head stating that "yeah pay and register and get lost"......humble as we were we got in to the track and started to unload the stuff in the cars. Tech inspection was a breeze with our stock cars, they just lought at us!!!! So here we were, alone in the pits with our silly looking old cars among the Pokemon cars of the future and the muscle from US in the past. Two classes, one for the street cars and one for those heavy hitters on slicks!!!! We got a spot in the street class and our friends in the Cuda on slick was one of those fast guys!!! Roger had his front shocks taken off and was pulling wheelies and we both made some 12 second passes. The pit changed there interest to the old V-dubs...hahaha how silly it looked!!! No people around the race cars and crowded around the V-dubs. We got away and bought ourself some hot dogs and a coke looking at the people looking for us!! Smiley So at the end of the day a race was set up with 16 cars. First opponent is a Opel and i convince him that my car will probably break and his new one is mouch better and faster. So I beat him, big time!! Fast forward and the final come up!!!! Roger vs SOB!!! Roger leaves on the green, wheeiling and I try to catch him and passes him a few meter before the finish!! So I win and he is second. All acording to my plan... Our friends int he Baracuda ends up third among the heavy guys. We got an interview in the local newspaper.... a full page on the V-dubs and a shot of a Holley carb with a smiling owner of a Baracuda looking over it. The tech guys told Roger not to come back bacouse his car nearly flipped backwards!!!!  Smiley But when leaving we stopped and had the guy at the entrance to see our trophys:)............Roger was angry for being beaten and I got home thinking my car was not fast enough.........I had managed to only open the carbs to 3/4 of the distance!!!! So I told Roger that I beat him with only 3/4 of the capacity making him even more angry.......All in all a very good weekend terrorizing the world in a street Volkswagen!!! But..after this super weekend....................the worst was to come on monday!!! So learn from this lesson guys!!! When I was leaving my youngest kid at kindergarden one of the women calls me and tells me that her son was upset after the weekend........."How come" I asked...."He was really really sad" she said and the eyes of hurt feelings of a mother attacks me!!!!!!! It turned out that her son was driving a Opel and that he had lost to a Volkswagen.....my car.......I was stunned!!!! Never underestimate the power of woman!!!!  Grin
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 21:34:16 pm »

I enjoyed the read! Thanks!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 23:22:40 pm »

Great Story!!! Grin Grin Grin

Do you have more of these?

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 23:41:48 pm »

Haha, wonderful read!!  Grin

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 00:28:22 am »

Awsome story dude - give me about a year and I'll have some of my own  Wink Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 03:44:53 am »

Great story, thanks!   Cheesy

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: