The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 08:12:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350767 Posts in 28589 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  How about a review of what it's like to live with a Cal Look VW ....?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How about a review of what it's like to live with a Cal Look VW ....?  (Read 8934 times)
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 19:04:42 pm »

Deano...   I was hanging around Randy Jones  back in 1970/71 and he was a friend of Greg Browns and got to meet greg back when you guys were doing the college thing. Greg is a top notch mechanic with vast knowledge and had an incredible running(12 second) VW way back then and although I dont remember the size of engine I know he sawed the entire engine in half when one of the first GB cranks let a counterweight came loose from too much perosity in the weld process...needless to say he was PISSED and ventured out to talk to gene at the shop for some resolve on the mangled engine parts destruction, and when greg unveiled the parts Gene insisted it wasnt the fault of the crank but that of the engine builder, needless to say after Gene had his say so in the matter Greg has never gone back to GB to this day. That car hauled ASS...!!
Tony M

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 22:56:33 pm »

All great stories about cars, lives, good times in a Hot VW. Jim does have a way with words, know him over 20years now. Young snot nosed kid comming into the parts store and just overwhelmed with ideas. Having sold parts for over 20years to a lot of cal lookers, i still enjoy doing it today. Having a vw repair shop still lets me work and drive some very nice vw's. Having my own vw(not cal look) but still big motored baja, big travel, caged..... Still having a blast, kids look, old ladys glare, Yea it's life of a VW guy and gal's.

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: